Thread: You go Grok!!! page

Hedonist is offline Senior Member

You go Grok!!!

Just a note to encourage all of you doing the challenge and say good luck!!!

Not doing it myself. Very happy with what I'm currently doing. Also, I have suffered all my life with bipolar issues. Getting all jacked up about anything doesn't seem wise. And it would be easy to get jacked up about PB, but it's better to take a slow, skeptical approach.

You go Grok!

Sanas is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the encouragement, Hedonist! Sounds like you've got a good approach to life. I know about that getting jacked up thing from my days as a sugaroholic.

Viking is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm too freaking busy to do the challenge, in spite of being unemployed at the moment. My mother is in the hospital (has dementia, etc, etc.), my house is in the middle of short sale process, and so on. I'm good though, without any further challenges!

I tend to go "manic" (not intended as a slur to bipolar sufferers) on something new and exciting*, but for some reason with PB I have had a more slow and steady approach mentally.... in spite of success right from the start. I lost about 5 pounds after just one day, 4 pounds the next, then 3,3,2,2,2,1,0,1,-2,0,1,-1,0,1, etc. (that's all an estimate but I have the actual numbers in a spreadsheet). Hedonist, I replied to your post in the "how old are you" thread and like what you said.

In my view PB is downright healthful in many respects. Obviously, eating foods we are not genetically programmed to thrive on must be partially to blame for many problems, including problems with the mind. My mother's dementia has got to be caused by general inflammation through much of her life. Who knows what other mental syndromes are implicated?????

*Not to diminish the seriousness but I have other "manias", like GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) as many guitar players have. I also tend to buy new things or explore new ideas/technology to avoid confronting tasks or problems. My girlfriend has pointed this out to me often. Her daughter has similar traits, and she jokes that I must be her father. :-)
    Last edited by Viking; 09-10-2010 at 12:27 AM.