Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Beauty Products Anyone? Share yours! page

Xenya is offline Member

Primal Beauty Products Anyone? Share yours!

Grokuettes most likely did not use blush and mascara, or cared about how soft their hair is… they probably did not have a concept of BO and couldn’t care less whether their esthetician files their nails in oval or square. But I do. I’m quite vain. Me…like…pretty
    I used to be a product junkie until starting the primal lifestyle and never gave a second thought about what goes into what I’m using daily. Luckily, my new lifestyle has extended to this area of my life as well and I started using natural products…and was amazed at a change my skin, hair and nails went through.
    is anyone else on that track? I thought it might be a good idea to share some grokuette (and grok of course) beauty ideas and recipes.

I’ll start. (I have dry skin btw)

Olive Oil as a make up removal - amaziiing . I used to hate regular make up removers. They would dry out my skin so much.
    Castor Oil – made my eyelashes and eyebrows grow. Seriously. ( Some skin types are sensitive to it, though)
    Lemon juice - great exfoliator for face and neck, I use it few times a week. it tingles/burns at first, takes some getting used to
    Sea- salt and oil - body scrub. I like adding few drops of peppermint oil!
    Crystal deodorant – performs better then you would think

Anyone else? Share your vanity secrets!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil as a moisturizer, and as a hot oil treatment.

Avocado, banana, egg, honey smoothie as a deep conditioning hair treatment. (I have psycho curly hair, quite dry, so this is so nice!!! Smells great too!)

Epsom salt scrub (I'm totally going to try the peppermint oil!) and epsom salt soaks for my skin.

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    I use a body scrub of olive oil and brown sugar, feels amazing!
    I use Olive Oil as body moisturizer. Sometimes coconut oil too. Coconut oil is great for giving massages!
    Recently started using the crystal deodrant, it's amazing! I couldn't believe it!!!
    I have yet to find some primal cosmetics, but I figure eventually I'll get there!

Xenya is offline Member
    ohh brown sugar scrub sounds amazing! must try that.
    and the crystal deodorant - shocking how good it is, isn't it?
    so far i'm disappointed with the quality of with natural make up... but I will keep looking

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Brown sugar scrub? Nahh, I'd be eating the shit! I love using coconut oil vs lotion fresh out of the shower! My granddaughter came over one day just after my shower, and she sat next to me stroking my arm telling me how soft I was. I've recently started using a warm water/sea salt solution to treat my puberty stricken son's acne. Seems to help a little. HE doesn't eat totally primal...yet.
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I like to wash at night by massaging castor oil (mixed with drop of lavender e.o.) and then steaming with hot washcloth before wiping off.

In the a.m., I wash with a mix of powdered goat's milk and ground oats. Very gentle.

I make a mask out of 1:1 french green clay and matcha powder and sometimes I add a couple of dissolved aspirin to exfoliate (salicylic acid).

I've found fresh lemon juice to be a great deodorant (after being less than thrilled w/ most natural deodorants!)

I use sea buckthorn oil/lavender E.O. mix to heal blemishes (and I also take sea buckthorn oil internally for healthy skin and GI tract)

I like a few drops of argan oil in the ends of my hair as a conditioner after washing. It brings out the wave. I also love it as a face moisturizer- it's my favorite facial oil.

One thing I discovered recently is that if I use an eyelash curler and then apply some thick non-greasy salve to my lashes (Honey Gardens propolis salve) it defines them and looks like I'm wearing mascara:-)

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I wear make-up so infrequently I don't bother with "all natural". It's kind of like my 20% in diet, but for other areas of a primal lifestyle

I have a question, though, for you sexy grokkettes. I'm doing the "poo-less" thing (about three months now?) and I LOVE it. However, sometimes I wish I could make my hair smell scrumptious, not just neutral. My husband loves the smell of apple cider vinegar, so he actually enjoys when I use it, lol, but I was wondering if anyone infuses their natural hair products with essential oils or other natural ingredients to promote a certain fragrance?

Also, I second olive oil and coconut oil for oil cleanses! Works wonderfully!

I made a sugar scrub with brown sugar, white sugar, olive oil and cinnamon. It smells like deliciousness. I've also made salt scrub in the past with olive oil, sea salt and some mashed up strawberries. It's fantastic, but you have to keep it in the fridge and use it in a couple days before the strawberries go bad. I like to use them then wash them off before I shave my legs (which Madam Grok also wouldn't have done. ) Be careful though, they made the tub/shower floor reeeeally slippery.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. [Kahlil Gibran]

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I use an all natural Aloe Gel from the organic supermarkets. There are no fragrances, artificial colors or anything fake in it. It's just pure aloe gel with some vitamins added. I have some melasma, and it has lighted it considerably. My wife says it has also evened my tone and lightened the few freckles I have. It's a cheap beauty product at $7.99.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    oh gosh I'm terrible, what with my YSL mascara, Dior Bronzer, Clarins blusher...

Maybe one day...
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast