Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I have taken ze challenge page

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member

I have taken ze challenge

Shop Now

Every girl loves being called a big girl, and that's what I am. Also described as corn fed, I've got some huge *** muscles surrounded by a layer of fat. I was trying to convince myself to just get over it and find me a chubby chaser when I fumbled upon this diamond in the rough.

I must tell you about the day before I took this challenge. Of course I decided that a trip to my friendly neighborhood Spooners for some awesomely delicious frozen yogurt was in order. I grabbed my tasty treat, poured on the sugar shocking toppings, and sat in my car to chow down. As I was sucking down the insulin spiker Mariah Carey's song, "Always be my baby" came on, and, I am not kidding you I cried. The tears streamed down cuz you know what? That fro yo will always be a part of me. My love affair with sugar is long and torrid and a huge part of my history, and like any break up it is hard.

Fortunately I have not yet rebounded, and today is my second day on the challenge, and the second day I have not eaten sugar in...my guess is 6 years.As my dad says I don't have a sweet tooth I have a sweet mouth, and most of the time it don't matter to me where the sweet comes from.

Today was pretty good, I did get super hangry (hungry/angry) cuz my appetite is incredible. So far I am eating for two, me and the food baby, and at this rate I am going to blow up like the Jet Puffed Marshmallow man.

Okay, now I have a question, What adult human actually knows how to play? I am trying to figure out this whole exercise thing, but I find it rather baffling. I am a go go GO! person. I did the full two weeks of Insanity, and apparently got myself a creaky hip injury, which I can only hope is useful for predicting the weather. I also gained more muscle under my fat and a big appetite, which resulted in a fear of being without food. Fo real. scarier than spiders or the movie Evil Dead 2.

Here is what I ate:

B: 1 piece bacon, 1 egg fried in bacon, 1 almond flour banana muffin

S:nuts (a lot. I won't lie)

L: 1 BAS (salad) with a whole avo, lots of veggies, EVOO, and 1/4 lb shrimp

S: more nuts, tiny taste of cheese, small slice watermelon, 1/2 cup coconut milk

D: grilled eggplant, zucchini, onion, tomato, and 1/2 chicken breast w/ evoo

Lifted for 40 min

A lot of food? But I get so hungry! Aren't I supposed to not feel as hungry?

Goals:

Height:5'5.5

Current Weight: 155lbs

Desired weight: 130lbs (that would be as small as I have ever been, and I was 16)
    Last edited by me2; 02-01-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

It would help if we knew what your goals were? If you're trying to lose weight, then you might consider limiting or giving up the nuts for now. That doesn't sound like a lot of food, but then I don't know your stats/goals.
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

gfprof is offline Member
    My admittedly newbie advice is to eat as much as you need to until your body regulates: for me it's 3-4 days with no cheats, but I've seen others on here who say two weeks. I let myself eat primal foods like crazy those first few days and then, suddenly...like magic...the hunger disappears. IMHO, you shouldn't go hungry while your body is reprogramming itself not to rely on sugar. Once you feel stable, then worry about adjusting the portions. But I say this as someone who will get depressed and fall off the wagon if she gets too hungry!

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Exactly, gf!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

me2
    Today was super hard. I was even hungrier than ever, turning into a Grokasaurus in the classroom. Next week I am adding some ham hock or pterodactyl leg to gnaw on.

No workout. No guilt

B: 1 egg, 1 bacon, 1 almond flour muffin
    S; another muffin and more nuts
    L: chicken boob, veggies, and EVOO
    S: More nuts, and cheese, and watermelon, and an apple
    D:Brat & roasted veggies

me2
    Today was not so gr8 either, prob due to that time 0 month, which by the way what did the Grokolicious ladies do then for their monthy moon time? I really want some sugar but all you people who aren't reading this will be happy to know I didn't succumb and instead I'm gonna buy some Lindt dark chocolate w/sea salt tomorrow. That stuff is better than dino dung. I am fo sho going to have some wine tonight, and not a lot, or maybe, does it count as fasting to just have wine for dinner?

Here is my favorite blog:

http://www.elanaspantry.com/ love her, and the fake rice recipe she has today!

PS I have not been on a diet since I don't even know, 8 years? I freakin hate them, but this is not SO bad...so far. And isn't my appetite supposed to go down?

B: 2 bacon, 3 fried eggs
    S: 1/2 brat thats right, I yanked that sucker otta the fridge and walked around gnawing on it. Ug.
    L: baba Ghanouj (so fun to say, and yes I made that bad boy myself) and another brat
    S: Egg and more delicious nuts
    D: I'm goin for a burger and some wine with a side of whiskey.

No exercise cuz ye olde aunt flo and her awesome pals the cramps are visiting.
    Last edited by me2; 09-10-2010 at 06:59 PM.

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    That is not really all that much food. If you're just starting out, go ahead & eat till you're not hungry, keep those carbs from looking so tasty. Once you get the hang of it you'll find you get full pretty quick. At least that was my experience.

me2
    One more thing, 50 grams or less of carbs? Is that even possible? Maybe if I was like Luke Skywalker and ate myself out of a giant beast, but otherwise? That seems really low.
    Last edited by me2; 09-10-2010 at 04:54 PM.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    hehehe, what an entertaining blog!

I find that fruit makes me really hungry. Maybe try losing the fruit for a while and filling up on more fat and protein?
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Heheh, great blog intro! As a fellow chick with muscles, repeat after me in your best Boris Badunov accent: "Woman built for pull plow!"

... well I used to have muscles, they're in there somewhere I swear...

For playing... tag is still fun, especially if you can flirt with the other person at the same time! And frisbee. And suchlike.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast