Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: I have taken ze challenge page 37

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I FINALLY read the mood cure and the diet cure and OMG it has totally changed my world! Tryptophan for anxiety and sleep, emotional eating. Anxiety is gone! Kicked its ass! DL phenylalinine for thyroid and overactive appetite and food addiction. This one is still a work in progress but my appetite is down, which equals a wee amount of weight loss, yaya. I realized my thyroid was hit hard and that's why I would take to my bed every weekend. Now my thyroid is revved up and I actually want to do stuff and am not managing my low energy 24/7. I'm actually contemplating having friendships again, and weirdly my eyebrows have grown in thicker. L-glutamine for leaky gut and blood sugar issues. My food in tolerances are disappearing and GAPS seems to actually be helping. Yay life!
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Go you! So glad you've found something that works well for you. DL-Phenylalanine gave me insomnia when I tried it, so I guess I don't need it. I seem to get by fine on 5-HTP, which is very convenient for my wallet.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

me2
    Egads though Nameless, I'm now gaining weight. WTF mate?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I dunno dude. What's your intake like these days?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

me2
    Oh I finally figured it out! After trying the following in my lifetime:
    2002-very low calorie vegetarian/soy eater-worst thing is it worked! Of course it all came back within a yr.
    middle of the 00s- hoodia and hydroxycut (ha!)
    2007-gluten free
    2010-Primal blueprint (this is when the experimenting really got started).
    2010 winter- homeopathic thyroid and very low carb (VERY ill advsed!) kinda worked
    2011 GAPS w/ oxycleanse
    2012 leptin reset
    2013 magnesium and "The Diet Cure" amino acid therapy, focus on low seratonin and low thyroid
    2013 Vitamin (not really a vitamin but hormone) D! READ THIS FUCKING BOOK PEOPLE! It is not well written but the info will blow your mind. Just look @ the reviews! You may think, oh this dude is just going out on a crazy limb. NO! if you start googling your symptoms as related to vitamin D everything he says will take on a new light. Seriously, this guy has done his research and is just ahead of the game. I have started on the low side of the recommendations, 12,000 because I didn't really have any vitamin k, and already my appetite is WAY diminished. I feel more energetic and I'm not sleeping as much and feeling just as rested. I'm also happier. I always wondered why I would just naturally lose weight ever summer and have such a low appetite. DUH! It has been rainy in CO but once the heat is on I will work up to my 2 hrs of real sunshine a day. I'll keep you posted as I keep up the protocol. One thing he is wrong on is the soy-based natto for vitamin K, and he's wrong for the following reasons:
    1. Soy is evil spawn of the devil weed. You might think to yourself, "Ah, just a leetle soy won't hurt" NO! I tried the true balance multi vitamin recommended by the author of the diet cure bc it only has a wee bit o smo soy, an lo and behold my face turned to pizza and I had the worst cramps I've had in several years. I don't even usually break out! that's not a thing for me. So I take high vitamin butter oil instead.Plus also you guys know bc you have been told a million billion times that foods are a better source o the vitamins than supplements. Also here are some other vitamin k foods: Top 45 Vitamin K Foods Coumadin Users Should Watch For | INR Tracker and Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient and Do You Need High Butter Vitamin Oil to get Vitamin K2? - Holistic Squid
    2. You don't need the ammounts of vit k he suggests bc theres almost no way on god's or jah's or whomever's blue earth that you would get that much vitamin k from yer foods, but for sheezy you can get that much vitamin d in nature and you can bet yer boner our scantily clad ancestors did.

I will keep you posted on my progress. The two things I have going against me are my love of food and my tendency to eat my emotions. We will see.

So try it! You'll love it! Mwa.

me2

me2
    Or don't, because taking that much d internally causes insomnia. Straight sunshine is good, however.No Such thong as holy grail. Now I'm reading woman code.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by me2; 06-16-2013 at 11:31 AM.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Please share more of your discoveries.

Please share more funnyness and charming analogies with the rest of us.

Some people miss you.

(I won't be naming names.)

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, ;scantily clad ancestors;

That was really the secret to everything though... Be buck naked. All problems solved.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast