Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: I have taken ze challenge page 36

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd like to say "I'm still here!" but I actually only just got back. @_@

I have the worst luck with thermometers. Either that or my family members' temperatures are really all over the place. This latest fancy digital one we got measures up to five degrees different per reading... useless! Aaagh. And none of them ever match each other.

I wonder if the body temp change is due to the showers or the season? Both?

Counseling! As in... couples counseling, recipients thereof? OR schooling? I'm easily confused. @_@ Optimus has a counseling license. Either way, congratulations to you both. :D

How have things been now that you're back at work for a while longer than when this was first posted?

The skinny sugarburners are so frustrating, aren't they? And I'm married to one. (He's paleo now, but it was pretty maddening a while back...)

I would bet the weight-loss blockage for you is stress, esp. considering you mention anxiety, new work, etc. Which sucks.

RE: thief kid: ... uh... lovely. -_-
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I'd like to say "I'm still here!" but I actually only just got back. @_@

I have the worst luck with thermometers. Either that or my family members' temperatures are really all over the place. This latest fancy digital one we got measures up to five degrees different per reading... useless! Aaagh. And none of them ever match each other.

I wonder if the body temp change is due to the showers or the season? Both?

Counseling! As in... couples counseling, recipients thereof? OR schooling? I'm easily confused. @_@ Optimus has a counseling license. Either way, congratulations to you both.

How have things been now that you're back at work for a while longer than when this was first posted?

The skinny sugarburners are so frustrating, aren't they? And I'm married to one. (He's paleo now, but it was pretty maddening a while back...)

I would bet the weight-loss blockage for you is stress, esp. considering you mention anxiety, new work, etc. Which sucks.

RE: thief kid: ... uh... lovely. -_-
    I found a $20 MURCURY THERMOMETOR but I am too cheap to buy it. so who the hell knows what my real temps are? They do go up and down. I think cold showers raised my temps, they are getting harder and harder to do. my husband is keeping me motivated because he does them too. And is now more adapted then me.

We were in marriage counseling and are now toughing it out alone together. So far, so good.

I Effing hate skinny sugarburners.

and yes, FINALLY I have come to the conclusion that STRESS is my root cause. Get me out of this stressy stress hell.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    MAJOR win for Me2 kind today. A halloween with no candy, no treats, nada. Nary a fruit passed these lips, and it was SO easy! This, my friends, is worth celebrating.

Does that mean I am getting skinny? No, of course not. because my root cause is STRESS. I am swimming in a stress bath that has led to an anxiety disorder wherein I just always have anxiety about everything and nothing. Wack.

Mitigating it by:
    accupuncture
    adrenal pills
    coffee enemas (oh gawsh I KNOW) I Just pretend I'm from another country where it is totes normal

plus the usual meditation,GAPS yoga, sleep like a teenager, etc...

What's yer thoughts on Jack Kruse epi paleo? That's a lot of fish. Obviously his followers are making six figures or stripping on the weekend or both.

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Thought/read about amino acids for stress/anxiety? I know it's just supplemental (ie. not going to "fix" things, most likely), but it could help while you figure stuff out.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

me2
    i have not heard about them, what do you recommend?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Get a hold of "The Mood Cure" and give it a read. I wouldn't be comfortable making recommendations... Personally, I take 5-HTP for depression, and L-Tyrosine for anxiety. The combination works very well for me. DLPA worked REALLY well for my anxiety, but left me completely wired. I got about 2 hrs of sleep the following night after taking it in the morning. You can get just DPA (only on Amazon, it would appear), so I might try that at some point. I felt super focused and like everyday social situations were just everyday social situations and not a big deal in the least.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Just thought I'd mention that I've read my way through most of your journal.. and loved it.

Hope things are going well for you...

me2
    Awe, thanks. It always amazing that people like my drivel. Things are quite good, actually. I celebrated 1 yr on GAPS and I'm still going strong. I am one of those annoying people that is learning to be content as I am. It reminds me of the toast in Bridget Jones Diary.

"To Me2, just as she is."

Is there a niggling little beast in the back of my head that still says, "Maybe someday you will be skinny? Yes. But most days I am just happy, and enjoying sex more, consequently.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Glad you're celebrating

me2
    Meats! you must have sensed my waning self esteem. How art thou?

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast