Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: I have taken ze challenge page 35

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Heh, did you post that Korean horse exercise before or after you watched Gangam Style? Are we psychic or what?!

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    MEATS: IDK when I posted that in reference to your post. We all know you are the reigning queen of posting Asian videos. I just saw it on the snarky sweet website Jezebel and knew I had to post it. Mwa (PS I eat bacon every day)

Nameless Wonder: I randomly found one of your posts in a menstrual cup forum while googling. I just bought the Fleur cup, I had the Lunette but lost it. In my own house. what do u have?

Today I am obsessive and frustrated about my hormones, they are STILL wack. My boobs are sore and make me feel like a pregnant cow with huge teats and they are only bs. I have tried so many things to get my hormones straight. Here's what I've tried:

What I've tried:
    -I have been Primal/Paleo for almost 2 years. For the last 7 months I have been 100% compliant, before that I would cheat 10-20% of the time with gluten free food.
    – Jack Kruse's leptin reset
    - Cold showers for 2 month's (Kruse's cold CT)
    -cutting all caffiene out
    -supplements: magnesium, iodine, fermented cod liver oil, high vitamin butter oil, maka, b6 and biotin, Protandim mock up (an antioxidant)

I am also completely convinced that being estrogen dominant is the reason I can't lose weight. Estrogen make you fat! It prevents you from losing weight! Bah!

Additionally I ate some yogurt that was not cultures for 24 hrs like GAPS mandates to eat most of the lactose, only 19 hours because my husband stopped it early and lo and behold I got all fartsy last night and today am having doody issues. Yar.
    Last edited by me2; 08-01-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Haha yeah I use the same alias almost everywhere, and since I keep a blog linked to my Google+ account, it's not very anonymous :-P Oh well. I lose stuff in my house all the time, I'm still convinced my favorite necklace (a silver Ankh pendant) is kicking around somewhere.

I am having doody issues today. I need to start implementing GAPS-inspired protocols for this damn yeast overgrowth.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]
    Today I am obsessive and frustrated about my hormones, they are STILL wack. My boobs are sore and make me feel like a pregnant cow with huge teats and they are only bs. I have tried so many things to get my hormones straight. Here's what I've tried:

What I've tried:
    -I have been Primal/Paleo for almost 2 years. For the last 7 months I have been 100% compliant, before that I would cheat 10-20% of the time with gluten free food.
    – Jack Kruse's leptin reset
    - Cold showers for 2 month's (Kruse's cold CT)
    -cutting all caffiene out
    -supplements: magnesium, iodine, fermented cod liver oil, high vitamin butter oil, maka, b6 and biotin, Protandim mock up (an antioxidant)

I am also completely convinced that being estrogen dominant is the reason I can't lose weight. Estrogen make you fat! It prevents you from losing weight! Bah!
    I'm dealing with the same issues atm. I've been exercising more(including LHT) because it promotes testosterone. Taking zinc also boosts testosterone levels. DIM also helps reduce estrogen levels. You really should get your hormones tested first though, before taking something like DIM, because it could be a progesterone deficiency rather than estrogen dominance. You can have low testosterone and estrogen and even lower progesterone. The highest amount wins. If you track your cycle and know when you ovulate, get tested on Day 21-22 of your cycle for best results. ( or 7 days after ovulation)
    If its low progesterone, there isn't really anyway that I know of to raise it other than supplementing. If there is, I wanna hear about it because supplementing isn't exactly my cup of tea either.

Oh yes, another thing! Check your temperatures. If its low (96-97 all day, checking 4 times a day) then your thyroid is now involved. Excess estrogen competes with thyroid hormones and can reduce thyroid function. Ps. add some selenium with your iodine. It helps t-4 convert to t-3.
    Hope that helps, it seems to be helping me a tiny bit. I still need to get tested (6 days and counting! *crosses fingers*) but I have found that my fatigue is MUCH better and my pms is not so bad. Still cranky as shit, boobs hurt and I can't lose the extra weight worth a damn. 15 lbs in a month, wtf. I thought it was because I was eating crap, but I ate crap recently( 3 days of fast food, cause thats how I roll) and only gained a few lbs that I lost over a couple days.
    Last edited by Metismomma; 08-01-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Calm the f**k down.

Metsim, you and your temperature checking ;D

Heh, I offer a new commercial slogan: "menstrual cups; connecting people".

Augh, I'm always behind on everything.
    I pop in, and I'm like, "boobs, doodie, cool!" (sounds like an 80s pop hit) but I have no idea what's the latest fad in Primaland, and what's going on in general.

Wait, I thought you were frolicking in the sun, making out with marshmallow farting unicorns* and you owe it all to Gap.
    I mean, GAPS.

I guess it takes time... Don't get your panties in a bunch! You were feeling great, so that's something!
    And did I mention you're getting laid? >;c
    STOP RUBBING IT IN MY FACE OKAY?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, anyway. Calm the fuck down. You're not helping yourself by freaking out. Drink some bone broth, smoke a pickle (is that a fermented food?). And be merry!

-----------------
    For your viewing pleasure:
    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 08-01-2012 at 04:56 PM.

me2
    Metismomma: Oh goodness, more supplements! Okay, I will try the selenium and zinc and DIM. I WAS taking my temps, and they were so low. Then I got suspicious because I actually have energy right now, though thyroid has been a problem. So I took my husband's temp, it was low too. this dude is a lean mean energetic machine. No way I thought. So I took my temp 3 times in 3 minutes and they were all wildly different. It talked to a scientist friend and he said the only reliable thermometer is mercury and they are not legal for oral temps so I gave up. Do you have a thermometer recommendation?

I use to use progesterone cream but that doesn't teach your body to make more progesterone. There has to be an answer! Maybe the genius Jack Kruse has an answer?

I'm sorry for your struggle too, it is so unfair! How can some people be in perfect balance and eat twinkies all day and people like us can't get away with anything?

Meats:

You always know what to say when I'm in the sewer. What a beautiful and inspiring piece of art you have shared. I shal frame it and put it in my kitchen whilst smoking my pickle.

I know your right, like Stephanie over at paleo for women says, it takes time, years even. oi

Journal:

So I know I like to think that my shit don't stink but the weird thing is before my illegal triste with yogurt my doody was unscented. Then I fed the nefarious bacteria and it smelled like oooh oooh oooh oooh. Crazy man.

I'm so sick of PMS, seriously I don't hardly have boobs but I feel like a knocked up bovine w/ several gallons per inflated teat for half the effing month. And of course my cravings kick in.

I'm not patient, I just want to be a balanced little pooped out marshmallow.

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Amen, sista.

~something witty and funny that makes you smile and inspires you to push on~

All in a day's work...! ;D

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    I use one call Geratherm, its a mercury free thermometer that I found at Walmart(of all places) Its much like a mercury(glass, shake that crap down). I also use a digital thermometer, its not perfect but it does the job. Plus I have 3 other guinea pigs to use it one to see if its even vaguely working right. My dh's temps are higher than mine, and he does have hypothyroidism. The kids are little furnaces.
    Apparently my body can get away with anything. It just decided it wanted to be 15lbs heavier and no, its not changing no matter how little/many carbs, calories, exercise I do. Ate 4 slices of pizza last night...nothing. Its like it just decided one day, "Hey, I think I want an extra 15lbs. Why? Cuz fuck you , that's why." I'm just going to keep on keeping on.

Stinky poop. Could it be a lactose/dairy intolerance? Did I miss you saying that before? If you did, well, I missed it.
    Calm the f**k down.

Thanks <3

Just came to return a favour and dedicate you this:

me2
    Is there anybody out there?

I feel like I'm missing a limb w/o NSWOM

Yay:

-my body temps have gone up since starting daily cold showers in June. Use to be in the 96s, now 97.3 or more! Of course that doesn't mean I am now a faster matabalizer, because it just never works like that for me.

-my husband and I graduated from counseling after 7 years.

-Now I can afford acupuncture (Community! sliding scale!), which is helping my low grade constant anxiety I have developed since returning to work.

-my husband applied to grad school. Maybe one day I can walk away from teaching.

Boo

-My waistline is increasing and my appetite is off the charts now that I'm at work again. Stresszilla.

-all these skinny chicks at work live off doughnuts and cake and pizza. What's wrong with me? I use to be able to lose weight. It's like there's this blockage, but WHAT IS IT?

-I have weird mucusy stools. Off the dairy once more starting Sun.

-a kid stole my keys and my camera. off my desk. he's 7. Yes it was intentional and malicious. Actually he stole 2 sets of keys, but could only find 1. They are $200 because they are the remote for the car.

Still trying to stay positive y'all.

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast