Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: I have taken ze challenge page 34

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    I am currently experiencing the worst wildfire in this state in a looooong time. It is a harrowing experience, and almost feels like I'm in a war zone:

One of our favorite hiking spots:
    Attachment 7899

Firefighters:
    Attachment 7900

It is horrible, to be sure, and makes you realize how much you have taken for granted.

Food:
    Eating much less overall, doing my best to adhere to the leptin reset, but its summer and sometimes a girl just needs a glass of wine. I eat berries every day, nuts occasionally (3x/wk), and some dairy here and there (2x/wk). Honey about 1x/wk.

Exercise: awesome. Lifting, yoga, biking, hiking(out of town). I go walking every night.

Mood: Super happy, except when I think about the fire.

Weight-dropped noticeably in size 1 wk after being out of work- obviously stress is the primary culprit here.

CT- I have no bath so I am taking 5 minute cold showers everyday. I LOVE them! I feel so great, and I swear it is heping with the fat loss. I am also icing my midsection.

Hobbyrdered flatpicking for the complete ignoramus. Yup, I'm going to try to learn to play guitar.

Help: Which suit do I buy?
    Elegant and classy yet slightly the future Mrs. Chaney?
    interesting and bubbly yet color screams "look at me!"
    Cute, but might come with instant accent y'all.
    That fire looks insane!!! Great job on trying to play guitar! My hubby has taught me five-million times, and I do great, but forget everything the next day, he has given up on me, but I taught him to sing! So he strums and I sing. Are you stilldoing the leptin reset business?

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    That fire looks insane!!! Great job on trying to play guitar! My hubby has taught me five-million times, and I do great, but forget everything the next day, he has given up on me, but I taught him to sing! So he strums and I sing. Are you stilldoing the leptin reset business?
    Okay yeah so far I have not picked up the guitar once. Maybe you can teach me to sing?

Still kinda sorta on the leptin reset wagon. I'll write more in my next post.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    ;<

Tried doing it, but I'm consistently failing. How the fuck does one eat 50g of protein in one meal? I couldn't do it. Nor could I eat 30 minutes within rising, or not eat fruit (that's the only thing left to freaking eat!).
    I also started drinking cream because I'm always hungry ;s And the little fruit that I thought I could consume (halves of apples and berries) went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over 25g. Mother of a duck.

Anyways. Whatever I guess. At least I don't weigh myself or have any delusions of losing weight/ getting hot/ achieving great skin/ getting laid. So it's all good!

Glad you're doing well!

Meeeat! grabs and holds in awkwardly long hug Where have you been what are you doing I miss you!

You can get laid, and you're already hot so mission accomplished you can start sashaying down the street swaying your hot hips.

Re leptin RX: See my post

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    Re leptin RX: I'm totally modifying it, the massive protein is a joke. I eat 2 eggs & 2 bacon, which is 16g protein. I don't count my carbs and I'm eating berries and sometimes even bananas (gasp!), but its totally working all the same. My appetite has gone down dramatically & I'm not even starving for a piece of cake! My obsessive food thoughts are almost gone. Sweeeeeet.

5 minute cold showers and frostbite pants (I put ice packs in the waist of my pants around the middle) are a daily occurrence. Honestly I think they help w/ sir leptin.

Overshare update: when my menses commenced they (it?) was more red and almost ZERO cramps! First EVER! Yay magnesium. Go buy some now! Don't be skairt, this isn't an MLM.

I LOVE paleo for women! It wakes me want to recapture my feminist roots and hug my love handles. I am woman, hear me roar! (and fart).

Happy solstice!

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    You don't really update either so don't you lecture me!

I just don't have any devoted followers like you, miss thang.
    And really, I'm ashamed to show my bloated face around these parts... I've got no achievements to speak off.
    I'm yoyoing between shit-feasts and VLC, on my way to giving up. VVVVLC even stopped working! What is this world coming to?
    My body is having its final revenge.

But all it took is one picture with my bombshell cousin and I'm stuffing myself with salads and praying to the Primal Gods (Sisson, Wolf, Kruze). I'll sacrifice a lambchop for your success.

Onto reading the Paleo for Women link! Your a bucket full of wisdom and menses ;D

I love coming here and finding out that I was the last person who wrote a post.
    It's like having a second journal ;/

memememememememe.

me2
    Okay okay I'm posting.

Y'all can do the Rodger Rabbit for me because I have been dumping on a daily basis for 2 months! That's right, for 32 yrs I was lucky to crap twice in two days & now I go every day! Yay GAPS!

GAPS means never cheating, and I need to be 6 months symptom free before I can start trying safe starches and the like. The wild thing is that I barely care about food thanks to the leptin reset and cold showers and frostbite pants. I almost NEVER have cravings, and barely care about sweets. When I eat them I like them but then I'm over it. I'm not tortured by ghosts of deserts past. I really can't eat that much either, it is SO weird you guys. Honestly it took me a while mentally to be okay with it, I was so use to being a chow hound and wolfing down large portions of food. Last night I had 1/2 a brat and some buttered green beans and I was full. This morning I had 2 eggs, 2 slices thin bacon, tea w/ a tablespoon each coconut oil and milk and I couldn't finish it cuz I was stuffed.

I am focused on being a happy love fairy, but you know the old, "Are you skinny yet?" damon pops up on my shoulder every so often. Yeah I am losing a small amount of centimeters, but ZERO lbs. It is bazaar, but I chalk it up to increased bone density from gallons of bone broth and actually working out again.

I got a retro one piece suit that makes me ecstatic even though I am THE ONLY lady in a one piece at the Colorado beach (reservoir) Peops look at me like I am wearing a burkini (burka suit) but I just smile smugly.

Actual purchased suit: http://www.swimspot.com/Athena-Heave...Suit-2351.aspx

My skin is super soft and my hair is like a horse mane. Hell yeah. My skin on my body looks so much younger too, yay GAPS.

I put hormone balance as a priority and started taking maka and iodine as well as a homeopathic birth control detox. It actually seems to be working. Here's the weird thing, generally when I lose weight my boobs disappear, but they aren't going anywhere, and they aren't sore like usual when they swell up. Curiouser and curiouser.

I'm totes bored on exercise, It has been hotter than a birth canal for months so outside activities are limited. Give me some suggestions or I am going to end up purchasing this:

I watched Farmageddon and got pissed. WTF USA?

inspiration: http://www.bust.com/blog/skinny-girl...-gain-ads.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by me2; 07-25-2012 at 12:06 PM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Dude, I had no idea such a thing (burkini) existed. That's pretty cool, actually.

Congrats on your success so far. You have much greater resolve than I.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

me2
    Thanks for the support Namelesswonder

To be honest it was sheer willpower for the first 2 months of GAPS and then I felt like a super happy manic pixie chick (okay not pixie) and it has been a cake walk since then.It is beautiful to no longer be hooked on food. I am finishing my 7th month and I have ZERO cravings and I have days where I feel happier than I ever have been in my entire life.

Huge Realization:
    Last week we celebrated my grandmother's 80th birthday. My father put together a slideshow of pictures of her before she was married and right when the first kids were born. She was (and is) beautiful. 5'2'', blond pixie cut, gorgeous men dripping off her. Not to mention that my grandpa was a hunk. We all oohed and ahhed. You know what she said as she reflected on 80 years of life? "Look at how huge my thighs were." She was referring to a picture of herself in Europe wearing lederhosen and looking stunning. That's when I knew that I was done with this body bashing for good. My grandmother did not look at herself with awe of a spectacular life gone by, instead she saw herself from the prison cell of self hatred. She spent her entire life with this sickness, dancing the line as a functional anorexic, becoming more and more self involved and self loathing. I truly believe that this held her back from being a phenomenal person.
    She passed it to my aunt and to me. I swallowed the pill before I had developed any defenses. I was three when I came back from my grandmother's patting my chubby little toddler thighs and calling them fat. This illness has been perpetuated by society and media, which objectifies women and pits us against each other as fierce competition. I have self objectified myself into a hole of shallowness and a stunted sense of self worth. Well no longer my friends, it is time to release myself from my self-made shackles and recover my birthright, and every woman's birthright for that matter, to be a strong, fierce, and wise goddess
    Last edited by me2; 07-30-2012 at 08:48 AM.

That's a sad realization, isn't it?

For me it started at 11-12. I was coming back home from spending the summer at my grandma's. But what contributed it was the whole family sitting around and discussing how fat I was over dinner.

Now my grandma asks why I never come to visit. Well... Grams, because it takes me about 2-3 years to reset my self-esteem after a single month in Ukraine. kthanksbye.

Meh, I don't blame my family (I do, but I'm pretending to be more admirable than that). I got my curves from my biological dad's mom (Who I don't even remember). So they just don't understand how this chubbiness infiltrated their effortlessly thin family. I'm the fat sheep of the family.

Wow. I'm so jealous (and this time not just of you having regular sex).
    What's this GAPS diet thing?
    I could be in desperate need of something like that because I realized I CANNOT process starch. Sweet potatoes made me bloated and gave me horrible stomach aches
    And I'm not very regular, but I'm less worries about that than I am about actually eating food without waking up in pain.... ;/
    What CAN I eat, world, what can I freaking eat?! >;c

I just can't immerse myself in ice just to cut out a little bit of chocolate out of my diet *she says while chomping on two chocolate bars simultaneously*.
    But I'm so glad you're doing well!
    You give me hope! <3

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast