Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: I have taken ze challenge page 33

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailLyn View Post
    4 weeks is impressive! I think I topped off at about 10 days:/ Glad you saw some results though! And still another 5 weeks to see more positive changes! Woohoo!
    Thanks for being a Pollyanna for me
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    I am seriously felling guilty about everything I eat/do even though I am 100% primal & GAPS adherent. I'm at 2 meals a day but I can't cut the naughties. I'm not even eating that much of them but I feel guilty. Yar.

Here's my past 2 days eating. You be the judge:

B Fast:
    1/4 lb buffalo burger
    2 thick bacon
    2 fried egg

Linner:
    salad w/ 1/2 avocado, tomato, arugula, olive oil
    1 brat
    1/4 cup banana chips
    2 tablespoons cream

Today:
    B Fast:
    1/4 lb buffalo burger
    2 thick bacon
    2 fried egg

Linner:
    salad w/ 1/2 avocado, tomato, arugula, olive oil
    2 T cream
    2 cups yogurt
    1 1/2 Tablespoon cream
    1/6 cup blueberries

I know, the dairy & honey slay me!
    Last edited by me2; 06-05-2012 at 03:17 PM.

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    One meal at a time, one day at a time. Today was a struggle for me to avoid Swiss Miss hot chocolate with some half and half while at work It's my first sugar-free day (not counting the raw local honey to try and slay allergies) in the past week or so and it was REALLY hard.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    High vitamin butter oil-I am healing HEALING a cavity. It is crazy to watch it happen. Why do they keep this stuff from us?
    Tell me more!
    Please?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Curious: How are your sleeping habits? My hunch now - there's always a new one on the horizon - is that I really need to conquer the sleep deprivation monster before I make any consistent headway.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

me2
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    One meal at a time, one day at a time. Today was a struggle for me to avoid Swiss Miss hot chocolate with some half and half while at work It's my first sugar-free day (not counting the raw local honey to try and slay allergies) in the past week or so and it was REALLY hard.

Such sage advice, and wow that sounds delish. As a side note people called me Swiss Miss in high school.

me2
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Tell me more!
    Please?
    To heal a cavity:
    1. Ditch your toothpaste that contains glycerin (prevents remineralization of teeth), which is everything you can find in ANY store, with the exception of Eco-Dent or other brand tooth powders, which still has silica (abrasive). I'm still using it but thinking of switching to colostrum tooth powder.
    2. Start taking fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil (Weston A. Price discovered these little gems) and eat grass fed raw butter if available.
    3. Watch the magic.

Other resources:

Book-The Perfect Prescription for your Teeth

Brushing Technique
    also has essential oil brushing blend

Success Story

me2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Curious: How are your sleeping habits? My hunch now - there's always a new one on the horizon - is that I really need to conquer the sleep deprivation monster before I make any consistent headway.
    I have the summer off due to being a teacher, so I am completely haggared during the school year and blissfully relaxed all summer. But yeah, sleep is king. I think the pyramid is sleep, mental/emotional health/ diet/ exercise.

me2
    I am currently experiencing the worst wildfire in this state in a looooong time. It is a harrowing experience, and almost feels like I'm in a war zone:

One of our favorite hiking spots:
    556672_417043144993507_894220977_n.jpg

Firefighters:
    182588_4211573453688_943228010_n.jpg

It is horrible, to be sure, and makes you realize how much you have taken for granted.

Food:
    Eating much less overall, doing my best to adhere to the leptin reset, but its summer and sometimes a girl just needs a glass of wine. I eat berries every day, nuts occasionally (3x/wk), and some dairy here and there (2x/wk). Honey about 1x/wk.

Exercise: awesome. Lifting, yoga, biking, hiking(out of town). I go walking every night.

Mood: Super happy, except when I think about the fire.

Weight-dropped noticeably in size 1 wk after being out of work- obviously stress is the primary culprit here.

CT- I have no bath so I am taking 5 minute cold showers everyday. I LOVE them! I feel so great, and I swear it is heping with the fat loss. I am also icing my midsection.

Hobbyrdered flatpicking for the complete ignoramus. Yup, I'm going to try to learn to play guitar.

Help: Which suit do I buy?
    Elegant and classy yet slightly the future Mrs. Chaney?
    interesting and bubbly yet color screams "look at me!"
    Cute, but might come with instant accent y'all.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    I was doing SO well you guys! I made it FOUR weeks on the leptin reset, and was seeing so many awesome results; better skin, nails, "meh" feeling about food (not constantly obsessing!), 0 drinks alcohol for 5 wks, randomly skipping meals cuz I felt like it (never happens) and then I went to my sister's birthday party and ate and drank for about 5 hrs straight and I lost it all. That's right, that was enough to almost completely start me off at square uno. I was so close to the end! I wasn't even inebriated, it was just the constant intake of calories. Raar, sometimes I despise myself.

So here I am, 5 wks before I have to be in a wedding with my super hot/slender vegan runner sister in law and I look like a vaguely muscular brawny butterball.

Plan of action:
    - reup my breakfast protein intake & skip lunch while upping my leptin again. Limit the naughties: fruit, nuts, wine, dairy (let's count how many times I've said that in this journal).
    -Stick to PB fitness w/ walks at night, Bodyrock 2x/wk, sprints, and some yoga.
    -Try Dr. Kruse's cold thermogenics my sitting in the river every other day.

Celebrations: I started taking the antioxidant Protandim, well actually the knock off I made myself, and it seems to be working by upping my energy, increasing exercise recovery, depuffing, & helping my hormones. I added magnesium and vitamin B & for the first time, well, maybe ever I am 9 days away from my period and have NO breast tenderness and very little blimp like bloating. Woot.

Oh and what supplements am I taking you ask?

High vitamin butter oil-I am healing HEALING a cavity. It is crazy to watch it happen. Why do they keep this stuff from us?
    Cod liver oil
    digestive enzymes
    8 (!) Bio Kult probiotics/day
    powdered colostrom (cutting it out once I'm done w/ the bottle)
    magnesium
    B6
    fake Protandim $56 for 250 doses, as opposed to $50 for 30!)
    ;<

Tried doing it, but I'm consistently failing. How the fuck does one eat 50g of protein in one meal? I couldn't do it. Nor could I eat 30 minutes within rising, or not eat fruit (that's the only thing left to freaking eat!).
    I also started drinking cream because I'm always hungry ;s And the little fruit that I thought I could consume (halves of apples and berries) went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over 25g. Mother of a duck.

Anyways. Whatever I guess. At least I don't weigh myself or have any delusions of losing weight/ getting hot/ achieving great skin/ getting laid. So it's all good!

Glad you're doing well!

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast