Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: I have taken ze challenge page 32

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Well Yeah, then you should know how ridiculous that sounds now: "you can totally look like her". YEAH RIGHT! I'm 5'2. Look at that chart!
    I don't know what size I am. It's never uniform and I've taken to wearing tights and jogging pants. But I feel short and pudgy and there's no way I can get to look like a delicate, willowy Korean girl ;c

I found pictures of me in North Carolina and I looked so fat. At my lowest weight! I looked exactly the same! All fat and disproportionate! So it's like I'd have to lose 50lbs to look like that! *sob*

Don't say I don't listen to you. I started reading that Jack Kruse guy's blog and confused as usual. What's up with the ice baths?!?!?!?!
    I like his style though. He's so unapologetic. "What if I can’t eat a big breakfast? Don’t complain about your leptin problems then."

I'm sure she's wearing a pushup bra. First I wanted to post this, but then I decided to find someone with more breasts so you won't judge me ;x
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 04-29-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    I like his style though. He's so unapologetic. "What if I can’t eat a big breakfast? Don’t complain about your leptin problems then."
    Haha, agreed. I'm leery of Kruse's method, though. I think everybody has to experiment to figure out what works best for them. Sometimes when people do discover what works best for them, though, they act like they have found the answer for everyone else. People are fat for all kinds of reasons these days, so there are as many different methods for losing weight. Most of Kruse's advice can only help but, damn. That 50 grams of protein within a half hour of waking up? Screw that. I'm not into making my stomach explode or overloading my digestive system with too much protein to break down properly.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Haha, agreed. I'm leery of Kruse's method, though. I think everybody has to experiment to figure out what works best for them. Sometimes when people do discover what works best for them, though, they act like they have found the answer for everyone else. People are fat for all kinds of reasons these days, so there are as many different methods for losing weight. Most of Kruse's advice can only help but, damn. That 50 grams of protein within a half hour of waking up? Screw that. I'm not into making my stomach explode or overloading my digestive system with too much protein to break down properly.
    I don't get it. Why is eating protein for breakfast a problem? ;o

Yeah, I wish there was someone out there who could take the guesswork out of losing weight. Every time I find something I realize that I fall between the cracks of the individual difference once again ;/

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Protein at every meal and snack is important - but friggin 50 grams of protein at breakfast? That's what he mandates. I feel like I'm exploding at 30 grams, so I don't know how people get to 50.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm on day 3 and so far I feel fantabulous. The BAB is a huge amount of food, and yesterday I almost could have skipped lunch. I can already feel the tides of water weight receding. Sadly I didn't eat enough at lunch so I ended up eating a snack today. I hope that doesn't eff shit up too bad.

Then I realized how fucked my leptin really is. Here is what my husband and I ate today:

Me:
    1/4 lb buff burger, 2 thick bacon, 2 eggs
    2 cup smoothie w/ raw milk yogurt & blackberries & a pickle
    Macadamia nuts (incredible hulk hand-full)
    Beef stew

Husband:
    2 bacon 1 egg
    1/2 lb cheeseburger no bun
    2 mini doughnuts
    1 bowl beef sew

No wonder I look like I'm preparing for white women sumo.

I love lolo!

Last edited by me2; 05-01-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    I'm being sucked in by some multilevel marketed pills. Protandim Pre Buy Information You Need BEST Price | LifeVantage - UndergroundWellness | Underground Wellness They sound fantastic, but of course the question I always ask is, but will it make me lose weight?

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    I'm just cruisin not boozin.

The 50g carbs is totally doable and I feel more energetic that ever. I am trying to figure out how the hay I'm going to blackout my house and not give myself a black eye one the way to the bathroom.

-Side note: my husband watched some ghost hunter show the other night and admitted that he sprinted back from the bathroom in the middle of the night cuz he was skairt.

To be perfectly candid I have to recommit myself to this reset almost every day. This must be what it feels like to be a 30 year old virgin by choice. I still have a really hard time making it without eating from lunch to dinner. Hope that will clear up next week. I also just wanted to have a glass of wine on Friday after I worked from 8-7 due to Cinco de Mayo, but my friends, I resisted! I ate blackberries instead.

Signs of reset:
    Improved energy
    am now middle school boy horn dog

Not yet reset:
    appetite
    skin and hair
    sleep
    mellow mind

Got a 1hr facial and 1/2hr massage today due to screaming deal on Groupon. I could get use to those.

That chick is hawt. Nice red panties.

As you can tell, I am also a middle school horn dog, but that never had anything to do with diet it's just a natural occurrence.
    Very sad single existence.

I'm going to have to reign myself in for this leptin RX thing as well.
    It's the kind of shit I advocate daily on my non-journal but never actually adhere to.
    I should, for once, be consistence with my preachings. Though I'm gonna do this for vain reasons like skin and hair (I've given up on the notion of losing weight altogether). I'd just like to be a chubby woman with nice skin.

me2
    I was doing SO well you guys! I made it FOUR weeks on the leptin reset, and was seeing so many awesome results; better skin, nails, "meh" feeling about food (not constantly obsessing!), 0 drinks alcohol for 5 wks, randomly skipping meals cuz I felt like it (never happens) and then I went to my sister's birthday party and ate and drank for about 5 hrs straight and I lost it all. That's right, that was enough to almost completely start me off at square uno. I was so close to the end! I wasn't even inebriated, it was just the constant intake of calories. Raar, sometimes I despise myself.

So here I am, 5 wks before I have to be in a wedding with my super hot/slender vegan runner sister in law and I look like a vaguely muscular brawny butterball.

Plan of action:
    - reup my breakfast protein intake & skip lunch while upping my leptin again. Limit the naughties: fruit, nuts, wine, dairy (let's count how many times I've said that in this journal).
    -Stick to PB fitness w/ walks at night, Bodyrock 2x/wk, sprints, and some yoga.
    -Try Dr. Kruse's cold thermogenics my sitting in the river every other day.

Celebrations: I started taking the antioxidant Protandim, well actually the knock off I made myself, and it seems to be working by upping my energy, increasing exercise recovery, depuffing, & helping my hormones. I added magnesium and vitamin B & for the first time, well, maybe ever I am 9 days away from my period and have NO breast tenderness and very little blimp like bloating. Woot.

Oh and what supplements am I taking you ask?

High vitamin butter oil-I am healing HEALING a cavity. It is crazy to watch it happen. Why do they keep this stuff from us?
    Cod liver oil
    digestive enzymes
    8 (!) Bio Kult probiotics/day
    powdered colostrom (cutting it out once I'm done w/ the bottle)
    magnesium
    B6
    fake Protandim $56 for 250 doses, as opposed to $50 for 30!)
    Last edited by me2; 06-04-2012 at 08:56 AM.

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    4 weeks is impressive! I think I topped off at about 10 days:/ Glad you saw some results though! And still another 5 weeks to see more positive changes! Woohoo!

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast