Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I have taken ze challenge page 3

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    viscous cycle
    Their lunches were thicker than water? (sorry, couldn't resist. Great typo heheh)

I seriously know the feeling though -- sort of a preemptive smugness, kinda! Like you I want to wait till I can point at myself and say "See see?!" before promoting PB to inform people. I feel like I have no street cred till then.

As we are both part of the Inner Sanctum of Knowingosity, I do hope you share your coconana biscuit recipe over in the recipe forum. I'm not choco-oriented but my hubby might like em.

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    Just yesterday I was eating lunch with one of my co-workers - she had a tiny plate of pasta, a roll (since the plate of pasta was so tiny) and a small side salad, fat-free dressing of course. Like me, she is trying to lose about 30 pounds. Meanwhile, I had my huge plate of veggies cooked in butter, and chicken breast over salad with alfredo sauce for dressing. I had at least 3 times more food then she did. She wondered aloud to our fellow lunch mates how I expected to lose weight eating all that food, and with butter and alfredo! I remarked I had already lost 8 pounds...there was much disbelief, but I'm sure that 6 weeks from now, everyone will be begging for my secret!

I'd love to see that biscuit recipe, too!

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    good journal! Any before pics? we are starting around the same time and would also describe myself as "corn-fed" like you, so would be keen to watch progress!

not a great organ meat fan, need to find a restaurant that does good liver so i can taste it the way someone else makes it first. I also like haggis (lungs!) if they didn't put damned oats in it...

ps, also having "crap factory" issues, very slow transit - but it's coming out okay and no piles! but not sure it has settled down the way i want it to yet!

:- )
    Last edited by queen_sheba; 09-18-2010 at 08:28 AM.
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm feeling despondent. Only 2 lbs down. I'm thinking I need to cut my beloved moo juice. The thing is I have weaned myself off that cow teat for long stretches of time as a part of the elimination diet I did before being diagnosed as a celiac and I really noticed no difference. Plus I don't eat it often, it probably falls in my 20%. Maybe my crappy feelings are due to the ginormous piece of flourless cake I ate last night at a b day party. But listen, this is the ONLY time in two weeks I have strayed. Sigh.

Ughhh, my condolences. I love milk and cheese and I'm anticipating that once I get started in Officially Primal Weight Loss Mode, I'll need to do the same thing.

It's painful to say but I guess trying this without the milk will show you whether it was a major factor for you. Sure seems like it has been for some others.

me2
    I heart Chocolate buscuits

Preheat oven to 350

Mix together:

2 smashed bananas
    2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
    1 egg

In separate bowl mix:

1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 1/4 cup almond flour
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Mix wet and dry ingredients together

When I really want chocolate I add 2 Tablespoons cocoa nibs and/or carob chips

Place scant 1/4 cups of batter on parchment paper covered cookie sheets

Bake 15-20 min

You can easily double this recipe!

PS
    I am baking at a high altitude
    Last edited by me2; 09-21-2010 at 07:34 PM.

me2
    How have you lost so much? Awe nuts, maybe I need to lay off the nuts.

me2
    Also what have people reported about dairy?

Seems like a lot of people have stalled out due to dairy or it causes them mucus issues.

How have I lost so much, you mean? Well, that's the baby's fault! I can't take credit for my appetite issues and morning sickness. We're 6 months into this pregnancy and it hasn't let up much. Looks like I'm in for the long haul, although cillakat suggested some vitamins that I think are helping.

That recipe looks great -- I'm not much into chocolate but I'll suggest to my husband.
    Last edited by Jenny; 09-23-2010 at 04:01 AM.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Ughhh, my condolences. I love milk and cheese and I'm anticipating that once I get started in Officially Primal Weight Loss Mode, I'll need to do the same thing.

It's painful to say but I guess trying this without the milk will show you whether it was a major factor for you. Sure seems like it has been for some others.
    yeah me too - i'm expecting to stall at some point, the moo juice will have to go, then the cheese and maybe the yoghurt...i'd rather not give any of them up to be honest, so going to keep an eye and see what else I can do differently...concentrate more on IF's instead maybe?

Also me2, nuts are sooo hard aren't they! I'm poor so i get cashews once a week, if that.
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast