Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: I have taken ze challenge page 27

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    you start off with only broth, boiled meat, and certain low fiber vegetables (also boiled). Super boring, but it really is perfect to start in the winter (so much soup!)
    Hey, sounds like my super-delicious primal soup to me! (depending on the veggies, anyway...) I eat that stuff at least two meals a day.

the intro diet, which is 6 stages @ 5 days for each stage.
    Sounds complex. @_@ I bet for some people the rigorous structure helps them get into it, though. But no starchy veggies? I think I would die without carrots!

If your"fast lane" is chronically clogged, as is my issue, you are supposed to give yourself enemas!
    Eek. Enemas, especially the hardcore "deep cleanse" ones... I just can't buy into that. Honestly, I'd rather just take a low maintenance dose of Miralax. It's not dependency-forming and my doc says the molecule is too big to pass into your bloodstream... it basically just changes your poop density. It always causes me gas when I first start it up but back when I had IBS, it made a HUGE difference to me. (mercifully I don't need it now.)

Yay pig! And dairy share, exciting! Lemme know how that goes.

Glad the yogi/meditation is working for you.

And heheh RE: lolcatz.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    GAPS update:

Detox: After suffering through 10 days of headaches they finally disappeared, yay! I have fierce black circles under my eyes from the continued detox my body is going through. I'm also breaking out & went through a random bout of backne, which I have never in my life had.

Crap factory: still broken. some days better than others. Today I will be trying the mirolax Jenny

Food: I can tell that my body is starting to have nutrition cravings instead of haywire gut flora calling the shots. Really craving meat, especially on the bone. Also I love me some meaty bone broth. My body tells me right away if it does not like something I ate, which is nice feedback but also tells me there is still a lot of healing to do. I accidentally rekindled my nut addiction. Our natural grocery carries fresh nuts that are refrigerated. You have not tasted nuts like this before, it's like eating flowers.

Workouts: I am a lazy lazy f***. Planning on starting Bodyrock TV

Weight-piled back on the weight I lost this summer. I'm blaming stress, stress, nuts, & indulgent lazyness.

Moonshine: no more than 2 glasses wine! I'm beaming. Also working on getting down to 1.

Supplements-1/4 of my income, doesn't that mean that they are more than just supplements? Biokult, fermented cod liver oil, vit d, digestive enzymes, gelatin. Switched up GABA & 5HTP for the thionine & phosphatidylserine BC they are recommended on GAPS. I like it better anyway.

Hormones: stopped using progesterone as recommended & I'm all estrogen dominant again. Bollocks.

Goals: Start bodyock TV & get back on the workout train. Stop eating nuts & fruit.

Celebrations: this week in the staff lounge I successfully avoided:
    Homemade Christmas cookies, brownies, cheesecake, flourless chocolate cake, dark choc covered almonds, peanut butter m&ms (my FAVORITE), crazy awesome doughnuts, chips, caramel corn, a variety of gourmet chocolates, and Christmas breads. I am damn proud of that.

Last edited by me2; 12-17-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Progress! yay!

Thionine =...theanine? Just trying to figure out if there's something else that works or just a different spelling/mistype.

I had no idea the detox could be that intense! Maybe I should just do GAPS during January instead of/in place of the elimination diet I'm supposed to do. It would still fall under the guidelines of the diet!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Hope the Miralax helps. It always takes at least a day or two to really kick in for me, if that helps. Then it's just a question of working out the lowest possible effective dose.

And wow, sounds like GAPS is throwing you for a loop -- but it also sounds like the strict progression of GAPS is a solid elimination-style approach to reintroducing foods, and thus spotting which might be most problematic for you. Hope it feels like it's paying off soon.

I'm still being lazy about workouts (and now I have to be careful again thanks to the incision drama) but I hope you find a way to reach your own bodyrockin' goals.

Yay _avoiding_ naughty treats! Definitely be proud.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

me2
    Yep, that's a typo & just to be clear I'm not taking it anymore, just the GABA & 5HTP.

The intro diet is an elimination diet. It is rough but worth it. PM your e-mail if you want a PDF w/ recipes for each of the stages. It helps LOADS.

Key parts of GAPS: high quality probiotic, digestive enzyme, bone broth.

Some people had an even worse time detoxing, we're talking coming out both ends. See this thread.

Thanks for the support.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Progress! yay!

Thionine =...theanine? Just trying to figure out if there's something else that works or just a different spelling/mistype.

I had no idea the detox could be that intense! Maybe I should just do GAPS during January instead of/in place of the elimination diet I'm supposed to do. It would still fall under the guidelines of the diet!

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Hope the Miralax helps. It always takes at least a day or two to really kick in for me, if that helps. Then it's just a question of working out the lowest possible effective dose.

And wow, sounds like GAPS is throwing you for a loop -- but it also sounds like the strict progression of GAPS is a solid elimination-style approach to reintroducing foods, and thus spotting which might be most problematic for you. Hope it feels like it's paying off soon.

I'm still being lazy about workouts (and now I have to be careful again thanks to the incision drama) but I hope you find a way to reach your own bodyrockin' goals.

Yay _avoiding_ naughty treats! Definitely be proud.
    Thanks for sticking by me & cheering me on.

Whenever I get lazy I tell myself I can at least go for a walk. Half the time I actually do it. Hopefully you will be in walking shape soon.

me2
    Quote Originally Posted by a179bigucjg View Post
    One more thing, 50 grams or less of carbs? Is that even possible? Maybe if I was like Luke Skywalker and ate myself out of a giant beast, but otherwise? That seems really low

Stop stealing my words spammogram

me2

Yeah, I hear GAPS helps a lot! But at least so far, I haven't been inspired to go for it. I have a hard enough time as it is sticking to proper paleo eating, honestly. I think maybe if my IBS were more problematic like it used to be, that would definitely be the way to go.

At least I'm taking good probiotics and other supplements. They do seem to help me. And actually considering I eat soup twice a day, I'm quite up on the bone broth front too. This is my fake GAPS.

Always happy to cheer you on!

And heh Mozart. XD

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You hooked another one....I'm at work and it only took me two and a half hours to read through the entire thing. I'm a noob so I can't give any advice but lord you are the poster child for persistance. I love it. Makes me feel like I could accomplish the impossible (seeing abs for the first time). You also have the absolute best euphemisms on this website. Count me in baby, I'm down to tie my wagon (damaged a little from disuse and from as many times as I've fallen off) to yours. Its really amazing to read someone's journey from start to present. And omgoodness. I am so glad I decided to get my english degree and NOT be a teacher. I think I would be in jail right now for poisoning some chitlins. Especially the way yours sound. And btw I'm making mozart my background. I am totally convinced he spoke like a lolcat. Much much much primal love and support! Keep it up, you're like my favorite primal stand up comedian!!
    Maureen24yo
    5'5 CW:162
    GW: 125

Le sigh. Such a long way to go.

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast