Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: I have taken ze challenge page 26

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey me2, I've been MIA for ages. Sorry to hear about the teaching burnout. And now this lovely field trip on top of all that, AND tearjerker parent/teacher conferences?

Glad you just flat-out told the principal that. Hopefully s/he will back you up at least a little to reduce the stress of it all.

That's the most beautiful tomato I've ever seen and I don't even like raw tomato. (I want to, but never can manage it.) I am jealous that you are able to enjoy such a thing!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Hey me2, I've been MIA for ages. Sorry to hear about the teaching burnout. And now this lovely field trip on top of all that, AND tearjerker parent/teacher conferences?

Glad you just flat-out told the principal that. Hopefully s/he will back you up at least a little to reduce the stress of it all.

That's the most beautiful tomato I've ever seen and I don't even like raw tomato. (I want to, but never can manage it.) I am jealous that you are able to enjoy such a thing!

Thanks for the support Jenny! There are so many more important things than MDA, to be sure.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    My saviors: sleep, theanine & phosphatidylserine. I decided I had to try something for my stress, the insomnia, headaches, & nighttime teeth clenching. I got off sugar & the insomnia went away. Then I looked up the proprietary ingredients in Primal Calm because only the 1% can afford taking a pill that is $50/month. It has 6 ingredients, I went for the top 2; theanine & phosphatidylserine. It woked! While I am somewhat confliced about having to take a mood altering pill for this yr & am just going to do it.

The constant push & pull of weight loss is taxing. I just want to wake up slender, is that too much to ask?

Toodles,

Me2

My pity party:

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

theanine and phosphatidylserine -- interesting. So have you tested if it's just one of those ingredients that does the trick for you, or both? I take it you found a cheaper source for those?

Glad it's working, regardless!

Yeah, waking up slender would be mighty convenient. I say we all go into chemically-induced comas and lose weight in the hospital while we sleep.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

me2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    theanine and phosphatidylserine -- interesting. So have you tested if it's just one of those ingredients that does the trick for you, or both? I take it you found a cheaper source for those?

Glad it's working, regardless!

Yeah, waking up slender would be mighty convenient. I say we all go into chemically-induced comas and lose weight in the hospital while we sleep.
    Thanks sweet pea. IDK which is working but I am sticking with both. They are on Amazon for cheaper prices, Although if you want all 6 proprietary ingredients I will admit Primal Calm is legit, just pricy. If you start feeling stressy bessy try it out.

As for losing weight in our sleep, Taubes says it's easier to do on bed rest, which would be boring, so THAT'S my excuse.

me2
    Update: Tomorrow starts my paradigm shift.
    No more than 2 wines
    No whining
    GAPS diet-compete w/ $100 fucking dollars worth of supplements.
    Meditation trumps.
    That's right, I'm gonna be a yogi.
    Watch me now.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Are those supplements for a month or more...? Supplements are great and all (esp. if you need them), but damn, the prices suck. I would rather shell out the moolah for those than Lexpapro though!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

How's the paradigm shiftiness going?

me2
    GAPS Day 1

The motivation-broken crap factory & leaky gut=unhappy me. Also probably the reason it is so hard to lose weight.

I hand an enormous amount of anxiety going into this diet, which of course resulted in a week long all out cheat-fest replete w/ booze (in moderation! So proud of that), sugary deliciousness, & GF breads. No my friends, I did not hold back & that likely resulted in at least 5 lbs of weight gain. The odd thing? With the exception on chips & margarita, I felt like rest of it was not worth it. It actually seemed like a waste of calories as it was no longer appealing to me. PB HAS changed my taste buds.

Anyhow, now I am on my way to being a well nourished GAPS girl.

The GAPS intro diet is somewhat complicated. It is basically an elimination diet so you start off with only broth, boiled meat, and certain low fiber vegetables (also boiled). Super boring, but it really is perfect to start in the winter (so much soup!) & especially right after one has stuffed ones face at Thanksgiving. I bought an e-book full of recipes to get me through the intro diet, which is 6 stages @ 5 days for each stage. I will be full GAPS by Christmas day. Full GAPS is really close to PB, only no potatoes or starchy veggies ever, no liquor, no chocolate, no baking soda or powder, & certain cheeses are off limits.

In order to do the diet right you have to commit 100% for at least 6 months with NO CHEATS! That means no chocolate until May 26. YIKES! You can have a little honey & both red & white wine once you are full GAPS. Otherwise I really don't think I could make it.

What else:
    -Ridiculous amount of probiotics (2 pills Bio Kult/day + fermented food @ every meal).
    -Digestive enzymes
    -Cod Liver Oil
    -Omega 3s (anyone know a good affordable brand?)
    -Homeopathy-right now sugar & gluten-word on the street is GAPS can cure gluten intolerance. Is there a croissant in my future?

Will power.

Gross Sick TMI-If your"fast lane" is chronically clogged, as is my issue, you are supposed to give yourself enemas! Barf! I just don't think I am capable of that.

Food news:
    -I get 1/4 pig in the next 2 weeks.
    -I am joining a raw dairy share.

Yogi
    -I have been continuing my meditation 2x per day. It will be a year & 1/2 in Dec.
    -I went to an amazing 10 hour meditation intensive.
    -I did the gaze with Braco. Sounds so out there but my advice is to not judge, or just do it & then judge.

Last edited by me2; 11-27-2011 at 08:37 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Phew keep us posted! GAPS just doesn't seem realistic to me. I'd like to do it to really reset my digestive system and ideally force myself to stick to a primal diet with no cheats. This week just keeps going downhill, I keep cheating more and more after 3+ weeks of only a few indulgences every week.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast