Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I have taken ze challenge page 2

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the advice guys. Jenny-you almost made me pee my pants, and I don't even have a fetus resting on my bladder.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    My day is hereby made. See you around, me2!

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    Haha! I love your journal! I'm big-boned, big-muscled, too (hey, it's a great excuse). I'm on day 5, this is probably the 5th or 6th time I've embarked on eating primally (I've never gotten past the 2nd week, because I've been so good and I need to reward myself with a brownie, or cookie, or...). Each time I am starving for the first few days, then my appetite magically regulates and I can go for hours without thinking about what I'm going to eat.
    Best of luck to you - I'm looking forward to reading more!

gfprof is offline Member
    Ouch: Flo plus initiation will really aggravate the hunger. 4 days in, I started craving bacon instead of sweets, but I haven't had to deal with the gal-specific monthly 'primal challenge' yet I suspect, and I've seen on other people's posts, that upping the fat around that time of month is the trick. Try switching from chicken breasts to fattier and denser meats when you're feeling that way. Chickens never really satisfy me!

me2
    It is the weekend and while I am still a hungry hungry hippo my appetite does seem to be getting slightly better.

One thing that is markedly improved is my digestion. In the past I suffered from a common affliction known as, Something Wrong In the Crap Factory, wherein I would not take a deuce in as many as five days. Yes people, you read that correctly, Five Days! There have been more that one occasion that I convinced myself my distended stomach was in fact an infant implanted by an alien in my sleep. A few years, piles of chocolate laxitives, 400 boxes of Colon Blow Cereal ( http://www.hulu.com/watch/10304/satu...ive-colon-blow), and 50 grain silos of fiber powder later I found Oxy Powder (http://www.oxypowder.com/), which has been helping me regulate my regularity, if you will. But now with the primal diet I am thinking of going cold turkey and relying on, 'gasp' a good diet to keep the factory in working order.

Sat:
    B avo & bacon omlet, coffe w/ c milk
    S:cottage cheese & nuts
    L: coconut & C water, 2 bb ribs, baba ganouj, red wine, corn (super bad idea, I felt it right away)
    D: smoked chicken, more coconut, 2/3 serving of dark chocolate, a shot dark tequila
    **I get bonus points because I sat through dessert-banana cream pie and had NONE!**

Hike and bike for 1 1/2 hours

Sun
    B: eggs, sausage, 1/1 grapefruit and tea
    S:coconut
    L:truffle burger from Larkburger w/ lettuce no bun (OMG)
    D: Chicken curry clafouti & chard http://www.marksdailyapple.com/chicken-curry-clafouti/
    Last edited by me2; 09-12-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Odie is offline Junior Member
    Hey there
    good luck with your challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    affliction known as, Something Wrong In the Crap Factory, wherein I would not take a deuce in as many as five days.
    Your description is vibrant and compellingly memorable. XD

So I take it that the Affliction occurred regularly enough that even in this amount of time you can tell it's behaving properly. Or at least better. Is that in addition to all the Colon Blow and Oxy Powder? Sounds like you're still on that, at least for now.

me2
    While my appetite cannot yet be described as peckish is does seem to be diminishing. As my hunger for all things organ? Absolutely zero. I mean to be honest with you I would rather bite the head of a juicy ant then mow down on some chewy heart muscle. I adore the earnest attempts of primal peeps to make it seem more appetizing, "Just throw it in the crock pot with some spices!" or "Make a succulent pate," but while they gray pallor of squishy pate may be a delicacy to some, to me it is as big of a turn off as a man thong. I applaud using the whole animal, but someone would have to tie me up before I readily put something's insides inside my stomach. So for now I will continue to feed my dog's steer sticks and supplement the fabled benefits of organ meat ingestion withe these handy dandy pills. http://www.drrons.com/organ-delight-...-superfood.htm

P.S.
    Anyone know Mark's stance on Rocky Mountain Oysters?

Mon.- 1 week in!
    B: 3 eggs, 1 turkey sausage, c milk
    S: Laura bar (30 freakin carbs! booo
    L: Chicken curry clafouti & peach
    S: coconut & baba ganouj
    D: salmon burger, side salad, asparagus
    green tea & 2 herbal teas. I do love my tea.

Tues
    B:2 eggs, 1 T sausage, c. milk
    S:Laura bar
    D: BAS (you know, the salad)+ I dodged the evil free ice cream in staff lounge, bonus!
    S: peach & cottage cheese& coconut
    D: Guac, beef salad

The jury is still out on improved digestion, as it may just have been from all the fresh coconut, because as any good seaman worth his salt knows coconut is good roughage!
    Last edited by me2; 09-14-2010 at 08:08 PM.

I'm not really into organ meats either, but lemme tell you, marrow bone soup is SO GOOD ZOMG. I posted a recipe over here if you're so inclined:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ie-soup-recipe
    Cooked marrow is on the gooey and gross side (which is why I blend it) but you can just leave it in the bones and focus on the nummy broth instead. Most of the nutrition ends up there anyway due to the long cook time. I'd say add the salt and pepper at the end (it takes a LOT of salt IMO, but I'm saltaholic so add gradually till you know how much you like.)

I would wager that Mark's stance on Rocky Mountain Oysters is, "Why would Grok leave good calories to rot?"

Salmon burger! I wish I liked cooked salmon. ;_; What's it like in burger form?

I have the Fresh Coconut Jealousy now...

me2
    I am into my second week and the superiority/sympathy stage where I stare at all my co-worker's lunches and analyze them and feel deeply sorry for the viscous cycle they are in. Whereas I am all high and lofty because I know THE SECRET. Never fear peeps, my plan is to drop some mad lbs and look so smashing they are begging for the secret, and then I will show them to the holy grail of diets (lifestyle, that is), PRIMAL! Listen to me. I am getting WAY ahead of myself.

Funny:

http://karlmacphee.com/2010/05/19/th...rimallow-carb/

B: unsweetened cocoa pow & banana biscuits ( made up the recipe all by myself!), coffee w/ coconut milk
    S: laura bar
    L: leftover dinner
    S: cottage cheese & peach
    D: salmon & carrot/beet salad

Avoided the ice cream again! WOOOOOOOOOT!
    Last edited by me2; 09-16-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast