Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: I have taken ze challenge page 11

superjenni is offline Member
    Robb Wolf's blog or book says fruit at no more than one serving a day if your goal is weight loss, I believe. I love your journal, by the way. I can't lose weight consistently without cutting pretty much every food on the planet either.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jazmin View Post
    Here's what I think about fruit:

I live in central Cali. Our orange tree is covered in ripening oranges. So is our lemon tree.
    Don't know what's in season in CO right now, if anything, but whatever some local farmer is growing, I'd just head right over and mowr down on it. Maybe Coloradans just have to get their vitamin C from spinach in the winter! Hehe. It should be available there...?

OK, just my wacky two cents worth. Based on no science or probably any good logic. Just my gut. Heh.

I am green with envy! Our garden freezes in Oct. & comes back in May! Right now I'm pretty sure they are growing potatoes in S CO, but that's about it. Which makes me wonder what CO primals like the native American's survived on? Buffalo & rosehips? Maybe some corn?

I really firmly believe in following your intuition. Isn't that what Mark promotes? Intuitive eating? I feel the same way about fruit. I really think I need it.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    Quote Originally Posted by superjenni View Post
    Robb Wolf's blog or book says fruit at no more than one serving a day if your goal is weight loss, I believe. I love your journal, by the way. I can't lose weight consistently without cutting pretty much every food on the planet either.
    Yeah only Twinkies dude lost weight on Twinkies so that really leaves me scratching my head. Thanks for reading!

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    OMFG total bingey peanut brittle FAIL. Came home after 9.5 hour work/ grueling meeting day to 3 lbs of homemade peanut brittle. Don't even like it in my normal life! But it was so tantalizingly pea-nutty and brittley that I totes mowed it. It was like this deep craving was filled by this stuff. No joke, it felt oddly...primal, like all along I have been missing out on vitamin brittle. Back on the wagon tommorow, hopefully my ars fairy will give me a lecture.

superjenni is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Yeah only Twinkies dude lost weight on Twinkies so that really leaves me scratching my head. Thanks for reading!
    He was also a dude. I'd like to see the results on someone with lady bits.

me2
    My appetite has been OOC, hangry all the time. Pretty sure I gained the weight back I lost in my good streak. In the past the lbs would just fall off, for real I lost 10 lbs in 3 months. Right now I think that I am just supposed to be large and in charge, and any resistance is futile. I have been of dairy for 3 wks, & I am going off fruit again. We will see. It would be so nice to not be hungry, which would really make the weight loss easier. Maybe I could actually IF myself. But actually I am thinking of saying eff it & live with the wobbly bits.

Let's talk shoes. Is it just me or are Vibrams the most heinous things you have ever seen? I would rather wear geriatric shoes then those multicolored cartoon hobbit feet monstrosities. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about lovin your feet, I have custom orthotics and wear Danskos cuz I abhor real shoes. And don't even mention stilettos. My toes curl just thinking about them. But vibrams? Hell no. I'm down for barefoot, straight skin to staff infection awesomeness. Don't put leather on your feet, have feet that feel like leather.

The Venerable Me2
    Last edited by me2; 12-16-2010 at 07:51 PM.

me2
    Sometimes I feel like a complete hypocrite at work. You see my kids are all on free or reduced lunch & eat crap on a daily basis. Then the school gets food from the food bank, mostly bars and chips but mostly ALL glutenous CW crap. Then I feed them that for snacks or when they have forgotten their breakfast. I can say with some certainty that I have NEVER fed them something primal. I truly wonder what my class would be like if they were all PB. I have tried to get the people from the farm to school to come to our school but ironically they are at the richy rich schools where the stay at home mom's with advanced degrees throw money at causes close to their hearts. Complete injustice.

A blog I love: http://fedupwithschoollunch.blogspot.com

Me eats:

b-chicken sausage, 1 egg, coffee w/ coconut milk, coconut, & coconut oil
    l-2 meatballs, 1/2 a cauliflower, marinara
    s-SMALL handful almonds
    d-AMAZING stewy stew w/gf beef, celeriac, carrots, onion, bacon fat, herbs

Still searching for the loss of appetite. The thing I have noticed is that I am REALLY good at exercising and effing horrible at dieting. For example this week:

S-3o min yoga (intermediate vinyassa)
    M-off 4 meditation class
    T-90 min yoga (intermediate vinyassa)
    W-35 min Chalean weight lifting DVD
    Th-37 min Brazil Butt Lift floor and band work

Sadly the 20% effect size for exercise is not in my favor

I still can't figure out why I am hungry all the effing time. I mean I'm straight up eating coconut oil out the jar so it is not like I am fat deprived. In the meantime My Hero:
    Last edited by me2; 12-16-2010 at 08:17 PM.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    I haven't seen the portions of your food but it sounds awfully small :0
    Especially since you're only starting.
    Don't worry that you're hungry, eat as much as you want, just stay within PB limits.
    Once your appetite gets regulated and starts using fat for fuel you will no longer be hungry and then start to lose weight.

I hear kids love PB and they have no trouble adjusting. They just eat what momma makes'em
    So you should start feeding them PB and save them a bundle of problems in the future.

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

me2
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    I haven't seen the portions of your food but it sounds awfully small :0
    Especially since you're only starting.

I hear kids love PB and they have no trouble adjusting. They just eat what momma makes'em
    So you should start feeding them PB and save them a bundle of problems in the future.

Truth be told my portion sizes are large and in charge.

Also my "kids" are not my babies, they are my class. I teach third graders. That's enough children for me fo sho!

me2
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I feel it is time for me to disclose some important information to you. I am absolutely obsessed with anti-aging. Blame the media & celebritard focused society, or the fact that I am so incredibly immature, or that my mother far exceeds my own addiction to the lotions and potions, but for whatever reason it is a point of fixation. Bear in mind I am 30 which is a monumentally frighting age/turning point no matter what any baby boomer has to say.

Here is my regimen:

Daily:
    AM
    Microfiber exfoliating cloth
    Cleansing cream
    Matrixyl 3000 Serum
    Day oil
    Quince cream
    2 eye creams

PM
    Cleansing milk
    Copper peptide serum
    2% retinol serum
    Rose Cream
    2 eye creams

3X/wk
    Deep penetrating light treatment http://www.gaiam.com/product/deep+pe...rapy+device.do
    Ionic skin lifter http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/38..._galvanic.html

1X/wh
    Green clay mask
    firming mask

biweekly
    20-30% Glycolic peel

& that is all (ha!). Here is what I want next (in my teacher salary dreams): http://www.ncnproskincare.com/dermaw...g-devices.html

Yowza.

Me eats (yesterday)

B-1 egg, chic sausage, coconut milk coffee
    L: Leftover stewy
    S-small handful almonds
    D- Crappy chain restaurant steak salad w/ a sm bit o blue cheese
    1 glass wine, 1 shot whiskey in soda water. Could have & should have skipped the whiskey.

Today:

B-2 egg, brat
    Last edited by me2; 12-18-2010 at 09:44 AM.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast