Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Isn't it irreversible now? page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Do you think that we can overturn 10,000 years of agricultural practices? Why don't we just give in, follow the masses into our inevitable fate: self-destruction? Why do we bother? Please tell me. For the average folk like me and my family, there's no escape. At this point I just want to have a big fat bowl of oatmeal, peanut butter and bananas and be happy, rather than sitting here and thinking about how deeply screwed mankind is. I know that what you promote is a 100% healthy human diet and I agree 100% with you but it just seems like there's nothing we can do. Excuse me, I'm just very upset right now.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

maba is offline Senior Member

Interesting question you&#39;ve posed there rphlslv. I too wonder if the Primal Lifestyle is sustainable. I have a sense of gratitude now that I didn&#39;t have before when I buy food. I&#39;m thankful I can buy the best food I can afford, but for how long? Do we have the resources to support a Primal population?

halloweenbinge is offline Junior Member

Deep words, rphlslv, I know where you&#39;re coming from. They say ignorance is bliss. Thinking too much about all the wrongs and the various things to keep in mind and the what if&#39;s and being part of a minority in an insane society and how corrupt people really are can drive a man insane.. I try not to dwell on it too much. It&#39;s downright depressing.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Good points, both of you.

I guess my next question is, "Do we have the resources to take care of an over-fed, under-nourished population?"

1 in three Americans is obese. We&#39;re getting more and more avoidable problems like metabolic syndrome and diabetes, and some cities are even having to purchase wider ambulances just to take obese people to the hospital.

What is the true cost of the "low-priced" junk they&#39;re eating?

Sorry for the rant, but I lost my Dad 20 years ago to diabetes, and my mom from congestive heart failure last Christmas. I realized that I had to take care of myself, or I would go the same route...

Money is really tight for me right now, as I was recently laid off, but I really don&#39;t believe I&#39;m spending more now than when I was buying Top Ramen, and I&#39;m feeling SO much better.

<stepping off her soap box, as it were>

On the news a while back, it read that by 2050 the food production has to double to sustain the world&#39;s growing population. And what will it be? Grains, grains and grains.

Surely the government won&#39;t stop the production of grains now. It&#39;s profitable, cheap, and easily marketed as health food.

We&#39;re practically being fed sh*t; on the other hand, we&#39;re starving by the millions (Africa?). I think the only solution would be a drastic reduction in world population. It sounds harsh, but that would be the only way for the development of our species. How to convince a soon-to-be 7 million population?

Kuno1chi, sorry for your losses. I have problems in my family too. The more I try to talk to my mother, the more she shuts me up and pops a pill. It&#39;s nice to care for ourselves and nourish our bodies but once we leave our houses and look around us at the big picture, things are just downright depressing.

rphlslv,

I totally get you. It is depressing to look around, and of course we want to do everything we can to help everybody around us.

But if we don&#39;t do our best to take care ourselves and our tribe as well, we&#39;re not helping anyone else, either.

I guess I&#39;m a firm believer in the phrase, "Where there&#39;s life, there&#39;s hope", and doing the very best I can, no matter what.

Even if we don&#39;t get to eat and live as we wish (as we are intended) right now, and if things aren&#39;t entirely lost as you&#39;ve said, maybe a few generations down the road will benefit from our efforts. This must be some sort of Dark Ages we&#39;re going through right now.

rphlslv,

Perhaps it is. I believe we&#39;re going to see lots of challenges as a people in the next few years.

I&#39;ll feel better about facing them as a healthy, fast and nimble human than I would have as a sickly, slow and pudgy one.

Don&#39;t give up. Grok would say, "Go for it. RAHHHHHR!!!" Attack the day. All will be well :-D

"... in the next few years." Do you mean 2012 by any chance?

I don&#39;t know from 2012. What&#39;s going on with that?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast