Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Isn't it irreversible now? page 4

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

rphlslv,

One of my favorite Brazilian dishes is Feijoada.

It's got a lot of very good stuff in it; seems like you could make it Primal-Friendly pretty easily but decreasing the beans and upping the meat. You would have the same problem with the white rice that I have, but you can use finely-chopped Cauliflower instead. Just hopping around Google for a few minutes also revealed a lot of traditional fish and beef dishes, as well. Ya might want to poke around a little?

-----------------------------------------------------

"Feijoada is considered to be the national dish of Brazil. It is a thick stew made from black turtle beans and a variety of salted pork and beef products. It's an intense and heavy preparation because besides containing stew meat and beans, it is served with rice, farofa, orange slices etc. Hence, it is mostly served for lunch and is followed by a nap. Feijoada is generally found in southeastern region of Brazil, also an industrial region.

Ingredients

1 lb pork tenderloin

1 lb black beans

few slices of bacon

1 lb varied pork sausages

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Garlic, salt, chopped onions and bay leaves

Preparation

Soak beans in water overnight, as this will make the beans easier to cook. Drain the beans and put in a pressure cooker. Add water, the water level should be 1 inch over the beans. Close the pressure cooker and put in medium heat for 20 minutes. The beans are ready.

Now, add 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt, chopped onions, 5 or 6 bay leaves and cook for about 15 minutes.

Cook slices of bacon and cubes of pork tenderloin with garlic and salt in a separate pan-fry.

Add all the sliced sausages and stir at medium heat until all the water dries.

Now, add the cooked meat to the pan with black beans.

Cook for 10 minutes to let the meat soak in black beans; and your Feijoada is ready.

Serve Feijoada with white rice and collard greens."

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/brazi...d-recipes.html

-----------------------------------------------------

Most cultures have seem to have traditional food which is pretty good; usually it's just the last 20 or 30 years where things get screwed up. Bon Apetit!

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

I don't know if we can still save the planet but we can save ourselves.

I look at my parents, who have both had strokes, and I know with certainty that there is no way I'm ending up like that.

Liberate tutemai ex inferis, as they used to say in Rome.

Nick Guest

I thought about doing Brazilian cuisine for the dinner night we do with some friends, and reading about it (see wikipedia if you want more than my summary), there's five distinct culinary regions in Brazil, and only the most southern involves the type of meat-heavy Churrasca you get in Fogo de Chao and similar restaurants here in the states. The rest is far more similar to carb-heavy Cuban or Puerto Rican food. Makes sense; in a country where the population was historically captive laborers for European oppressors, their culinary tradition tends to be a bunch of cheap crap that was deemed appropriate for slaves.

I ended up not being able to find anything I wanted to make that wasn't full of carbs.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Yes, unfortunately Brazilian cuisine has a lot of carbs. Bread, rice and beans are the bases, as well as homemade "candy"(doce de leite, goiabada and figs for example.)

kuno1chi, I love Feijoada too. The orange slices on the side makes it delicious! I think I will have that once in a while (just the beans and pork, no rice), because you know, I'm Brazilian before I'm Primal. ;]

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member

the european and north american population won&#39;t grow that much anyway

it&#39;s the problem of the rest of the world if we consider our generation, but anyway in hundred years our planet will be one big rubbish bin

I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

C2H5OH, I feel the same. There are many things worse than our diet nowadays. One spark of nuclear war would toast all cows and bake all wheat on the planet.

sorry to promote something radical but no political site has changed my views more than www.corrupt.org

it&#39;s radical but true

take a look if you can

Yeah!

I&#39;m actually very aware of government corruption. I&#39;m all for the radical views!

Since you mentioned it, I have a question. Do you agree that the food industry knows how bad grains are, but still shove it down our throats as "health food" for profit?

I think half of them just are not interested in studies and half are aware but don&#39;t care anyway

Remember that the main manager (president) is there to efficiently manage the company, sometimes don&#39;t really knowing what is produced at all

Yeah!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Check out this video (scroll down a bit) and tell me what you think:

http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/Health_on_the_Shelf.html

It&#39;s about the corruption in the health industry, but I suppose the same pattern can be applied to the food industry. I don&#39;t know if it&#39;s true or not - haven&#39;t looked into it - but it&#39;s something to think about.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast