Thread: Industrial VFF alternatives? page

UndeadQuixote is offline Junior Member

Industrial VFF alternatives?

Primal Fuel
    Howdy all,

First off, thanks to those who took the time to reply to my GMO question thread. I'm not quite in the majority's camp (and might never be), but I do appreciate the insider's info on prions towards which I was pointed and look forward to continuing the exploration of this topic. Food for thought is a welcome meal, indeed.

To put a point on this particular post, though, as the title indicates I am looking for VFF alternatives suitable for the workplace. I've had a pair of KSOs for the past couple months or so and have grown quite accustomed to the strange looks they get me when I immediately put them on after punching out for the day. I've seen the various options available to office dwellers who wish to more closely replicate the barefoot experience at work, but is there anything available to us warehouse crawlers? Having had my feet run over several times in the course of my daily work, steel toes are not just a formal job requirement, but a damned good idea as well!

If any other industrial workers have found a steel-toed shoe (doesn't even have to be a boot, as some of my coworkers have found steel-toed sneakers) with a wide enough area for the toes to spread out and a flexible enough sole to allow the foot to move as fully as it evolved to, I'd certainly love to hear about it.

If not, design it and I'll snatch it right up! (saving the receipt so my employer can compensate me for it, of course.)

DBD SINNER is offline Junior Member
    Did you find the shoes or boots I just got a job working twelves. I could use the help.

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    The problem with steel toe boots is that they are stamped to a standard width which is narrow for most of the population. Easiest way would be to take the a boot to shoe repair place and have the heel removed and balance to zero drop. The only problem with doing this is the leather is cut for the heel raise, by lowering the elevation you can get irritation at the shin/ankle with new boots/shoes.

I had to make a pair of steel toes for a client that had a wide toe spread. I took sz14's from a 2nd hand store and removed the steel toe and made boots to fit a sz9