Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (PrimalChristian) page

Primal Journal (PrimalChristian)

Shop Now
    I went to primal eating about 2 weeks ago and have learned a lot in that short period of time. One of my dear friends on Facebook was doing a Whole30 challenge and I looked it up and came across this site during my research and decided it would be worth the try....afterall, I felt like crap, had no energy and am overweight.

I have to say tha I feel great already....but am having a hard time getting used to eatng all of my veggies. I am having to experiment and try new things because I was never a big veggie eater. I am also in an area where it is difficult to get my hands on organic and non processed meats etc. but im going to continue to "hunt". So far so good. The first week I dropped over 6 pounds and have just had overall better moods.

Now I can keep track of things better with this journal and the challenge itself!

B: 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, homeade salsa cup of green/white tea (I use one of each)
    S: Mixed nuts (no peanuts) and black grapes (those suckers are sweet!)
    L: Leftover steak wrapped in bacon, asparagus
    S: trail mix and an orange
    For dinner I am going to have a grileld tuna steak and brocolli and later some sort of berries or maybe and apple sprinkled with cinnimon.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    welcome!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

shannon is offline Senior Member
    hi there! good luck;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Thanks!

Grrrr...I had my response all typed up last Friday and I guess it did not post. Oh well...on to this week. The weekend went well. Took the kids for our first trip to a local market. I was really surprised by the staff and even more by the prices of the fruits and veggies that I was able to pick up. It made this transition even more exciting and interesting to the kiddos. They are excited to eat the fruits and nuts that we picked out at the "cool health food store"...taht is what they called it.

The eating is going well but I am having a hard time working in the "lifting heavy things" I go to Curves and keep my heart rate below 75% during the week usually about 3-4 times a week but have yet to find good time to lift heavy things...any suggestions? I am active in church and Cub Scouts so my time is usually pressed.

Here is where I am at today =)

B: Sausage and pepper omlet with cantaloupe
    S: Mixed nuts (no peanuts) and grapes
    L: homeade chicken and veggie soup
    S: Orange
    I will have turkey stuffed poblanos and spinach

Am I too heavy on the fruit?? What is good amount of fruit to consume per day....and nuts too?

lift heavy things? i lift my 3 and 5 yo. seriously. it's great that your getting your kids involved with the shopping!! get some coconut oil in there. you won't need to snack as much. what kind of fat do you cook with? fruit is okay if you can handle it. i like to stick to berries (very low sugar, high fiber). nuts also contain enzyme inhibitors so either soak and dehydrate them or eat very sparingly. i tend to skip the nuts bec. the omega 6 is high. do you take fish/cod liver oil supplement? seems like you're doing great;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Yep...I can relate I still lift my 5 year old too...now my 9 year old is another story! My problem is that I work behind a desk all day...not much slow movement and heavy lifting at all. I have not ventured out to use the coconut oil....I am a bit intimidated by its consistancy. I will have to experiment (any good dishes to try first?). Right now I am using extra virgin olive oil to cook with. I also picked up some butter the other day but have not used it yet. I do not take a supplement yet, still looking around and reading up on supplements. Thanks for the response! All the help I can get is greatly appreciated!

I was not reall hungry this morning so I skipped breakfast, and I was running late =P. I have a luncheon at a seafood restaraunt so it will be interesting to see how I fair there. I should have plenty of choices...grilled fish and veggies!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    For trying coconut oil, try making a small batch of eggs or veggies fried up in a little coconut oil. I love the flavor it adds and actually think its a lighter flavor than olive oil (which I cant really stand since going PB, its just tastes 'off')

try to avoid cooking with the olive oil. it's less stable than say lard or other animal fats. evoo is great on salads though;-) have fun at your luncheon, love seafood YUMMMMM!!
    p.s. coconut oil takes a bit of gettin' used to, but i like the energy from it

After tonights meal this is where I am at....

Calories 1,360
    Fat 85.9 765 56 %
    Saturated 21.0 187 14 %
    Polyunsaturated 15.4 137 10 %
    Monounsaturated 22.9 203 15 %
    Carbohydrate 63.6 235 17 %
    Dietary Fiber 19.2
    Protein 90.5 357 26 %
    Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast