Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Primal Journal (PrimalChristian) page 6

Primal Fuel
    Wow...it has been since 10/29 that I have posted here! I have backslid and thought I could get back on the Primal wagon without posting to this site. Well, I was wrong. I stuck to my guns so much better when I was posting and reading here. So....I am back. I have stocked my house with Primal foods and rid my cabinets of all of the bad stuff for my body. I am not going to feel any guilt, and I am ready to do this again. I am here for likeminded support and for accountability. In order to do that I feel that I must admit a few things:
    • I love the taste of foods that are bad for my body
    • I crave sugar
    • I find it hard to enjoy certain vegetables
    • I am not big on exercise

Now that I have that off of my chest...I will tell myself what I desire out of living primally
    • I want to feel good
    • I want to be active
    • I want to be strong
    • I want to live
    • I want my kids to desire to be the same...

Well...here goes. I am back and I need some help and encouragement and accountability partners because this is not easy for me. Day 1...Do-over

Well this must be a sign; I was looking at when I first posted in this journal and...It was a year ago to the day. Must mean I am in the right place. I have been experimenting with the Primal lifestyle this whole year but not really giving it my all as I would cave at the littlest of temptations. I have been able to change a few staples in my household such as spaghetti squash instead of noodles, no chips, no sodas or sugar added juices and no croutons (this is huge for me). Today I am proud to say that I am on day 6 of 100% Primal. My kids are also on day 6 of only eating Primally at home. I know I might be repeating myself but hey....I’m glad to be back at it and I have high hopes this time that I am going to stick with it. I am tired of passing by a mirror and hating what I see, I am tired of being tired and I am tired of setting a bad example for my kids.
    This is what I wrote to myself on Day 5: 216.6lbs today I am feeling good, a little more energetic, headaches aren’t as bad (might be due to the air quality), and emotionally I feel a little stronger. Last night I almost caved and went to Mc Donalds because of the boy’s late schedule….but I made it and went home to have some tuna and pork skins, turned out to be very satisfying. My stress levels are still really high and my sleeping is not what it should be. My shoulder is injured and is in pain when I use it too much or sleep on that side. My neck and back are achy from stress I believe. Very tense muscles…could be from computer/desk work too. I worked out at Curves yesterday and I plan on going the rest of this week. I have been taking a fish oil, calcium and vitamin D supplement. No sun yesterday.
    My goals for this week: Get better sleep, Chill out-less stress, Pick up the pace on work outs and walking (I am far from chronic…I barely move), More sun and most of all smile =)

PrimalCon New York
    Hello day 7! I feel pretty good today. Day 7, or the week mark is where I usually get a little discouraged because I'm still fighting cravings and headaches as well as tiredness. But today I vow to push forward. The boss man even brought in some doughnuts and kolaches for breakfast...I didn’t want him to take offense of even bring attention to myself so I took the Kolache to my office and pulled off all of the bread and ate the sausage. I am sure it is highly processed and has sugar in it but I'm not going to beat myself up about it because it is better than what I would have normally done....ate the Kolache with the bread and then a chocolate covered doughnut (and that is just for breakfast...the sugar makes me crave MORE)!

The work outs are going well and I have decided to start walking to Curves from my office on Monday. That will give me 2 miles per day plus the walks I do in the evening with the dog. Good thing about this particular day 7 is that I have a solid plan, including my meals planned out.

Also, I took a look at the success stories thread and wow...what a huge motivation! Over the weekend if I start to stumble that is where I will go for motivation!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456