Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (PrimalChristian) page 5

Neandergirl is offline Member
    Welcome Back!!
    If you want to be somebody else, If you're tired of fighting battles with yourself
    If you want to be somebody else, Change your mind...~Sister Hazel~

It felt like a dream...It was an amazingly wonderful trip. I can not wait to do it again! I am still in lala land over the trip...im going to hang on to this feeling as long as I can. We are already planning another trip. I do regret not getting any of the jamaican jerked pork and or chicken...never even thought about it till it was too late. Guess I will have to hunt down a primal recipe for it.

I went back to excersising yesterday and it was pretty easy considering I have been away from my routine...but like I said in a previous post...I was pretty active over my vacation. As a matter of fact I weighed in today...was feeling good...and I am 2 pounds below what I was when I left on vacation! Wow...looks like I needed the stress free relaxation!

Today and yesterday I just grabbed a few hard boiled eggs to go and some fruit for breakfast. Today we are celebrating boss' day at work so we will be going out to eat...thankfully it is a seafood place so I am covered. For dinner I have a few cornish hens thawing...never made them before so this should be interesting! Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Neandergirl View Post
    Welcome Back!!
    Thanks Neandergirl!

Yea!!! I went to officially weigh in and measure where I work out at and since 9/4/10 I am down a total of 15 lbs (from 219 to 204)...10.13 lbs being fat pounds which puts me from 37.60% to 35.40%, and check out the numbers in lost inches below!

Bust -0.50
    Waist -2.00
    Abdomen -4.00
    Hips -2.00
    Thighs - 3.00
    Arms - 1.00

Here is what I have eaten today. Last night the cornish hens did not cook fast enough so I had salmon patties.
    B: Hard boiled egg, blueberry/apple sauce
    L: Garlic and tomato grilled red fish with veggies (cauliflower, brocolli and carrots)
    S: Not sure I will have one....I might before I head home from work
    D: Cornich hens and spinach are waiting in the fridge

Im excited and feel so refreshed and ready to rock and roll when it comes to getting healthy!

You are rocking it, Girl!!! Those are excellent results. The happy thoughts are helping too...
    If you want to be somebody else, If you're tired of fighting battles with yourself

Thank you thank you...I am feeling great. I am also starting to see and feel it in my body and the way my clothes are fitting! And to be real honest I made some surprising choices on the cruise without feeling pressured or deprived. It was an interesting experience.

I find that the longer I eat clean, the easier it is to refrain from eating things which I know are not good for me. When I shop, I'm drawn to the produce and meats that I know are excellent for me and I almost unconsciously avoid those items which I used to crave. You're right - it is interesting how that happens.

Hello All...and Happy Monday! I had to go on a camping trip this weekend for training purposes (Cub Scouts) and part of the training was preparing and cooking foods for a large group...and of course there is going to be potatoes, corn, tortillas and all other sorts of things that I do not care to eat anymore. Along with that came the comments about why arenít you eating that...or why are you eating that hardboiled egg instead of that taco? I made a choice not to get into why I am not eating certain things...because I didnít want to pull away from the reason we were there...to learn for the kids. But, it was difficult because I didnít bring enough of my own foods...I had to pick through the chicken pot pie...I was pretty hungry but I made it. How do any of you deal with situations like this or when friends and family come over...In my case I am a Den leader and if we go on a Den camping trip I have to help the boys plan meals for everyone....people are not exactly going to want to eat primally on a camping trip. Iím concerned because I have a 4 day trip coming up in December...and it will be primitive camping. I have camped like this before but never without granola bars and snacks like that.

Anyways, on another note, I am going to try my hand at shish kabobs tonight. I have beef, bell pepper, onion, zucchini, pineapple, tomatoes and jalapenos...yum! Iím still not getting the sleep I need and am exhausted in the mornings...but maybe that will change here now that I am back from vacation and I get back into my groove.

Wow, I feel like I have not posted in forever! Well...its been over a week =)

I kinda fell off the Primal wagon over the weekend, I had a bunch of friends and family show up and we had a great time, but I ate from the SAD all weekend..and of course I am still feeling the effects of it as if I had a hangover from drinking way too much. It amazes me how much the SAD can really affect and bog you down! Oh well, this week is a new week and I am back on track.

On another note, my co-workers had a pumkin carving contest and saved me all of the seeds...now I need to figure out how to roast them....I have also been craving some pumkin muffins or bread...any Primal recipes?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    TGIF! This week has took its toll...my brain is still on vacation. And all of the candies and treats that I have had to buy for school functions have really gotten annoying. Glad the Halloween situation is almost over, it is fun but the sugar makes my life difficult being that I am a recovering sugar addict

I went home last night and made my very first batch of pumpkin seeds and I have to say, they turned out great! The kids love em too! Still need to do a search on pumpkin bread or muffins because I want to do it for Thanksgiving and I have had a huge craving. Speaking of Thanksgiving, I spoke with some of my family members and they are all on board to have a Primal Thanksgiving...yay! We are going to do pork tenderloin and sautťed greens with bacon, onions and tomatoes. For a snack I will most likely do a fruit and veggie and cheese tray or something like that. No breads or sweets...except for the primal pumpkin recipe that I have yet to look for. I am just happy that everyone is on board!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast