Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (PrimalChristian) page 2

Primal Fuel
    Well it turns out that the above is not accurate. My grandmother showed up and insisted on taking me and my boys out for dinner....to my favorite mexican food place! I did well. The chips and the salsa was the hardest to avoid (my grandmother thought I was ill) but I did it! I had fajitas with extra veggies and salsa. Its funny because my boys have been doing this with me at home pretty much, when they took a look at the menu one went for the cheese enchilada plate with beans and rice and the other went for the chicken fried steak and fries...I let it slide. Poor guys scarfed it down and I do believe that they did not care how it affected their bodies =). Overall it was good times with great family.

I have had a really good 2 days. I feel great and energized. Even though I am not relying on the scale (I want health and happiness not weight) I am down 4 pounds this week. I am seeing a difference in my clothes and my energy levels. My strength is increasing as well as my endurance. I have not felt that I have been missing out on anything and I am enjoying my food and cooking. The only problem I am still having is getting out there and getting a good amount of sun and getting to bed at a decent hour. My brain runs at night and I have a hard time getting to sleep....and therefore waking up on time in the morning. I have completed 2 (minus the pull-ups....I need to find a good PRIVATE spot to start working on this) of the "lift heavy things" from Mark's Fitness book....as well as walking with my boys and Curves 3 times this week. Great week...

Here is what I had yesterday and where I am at so far:

B: Sausage, onion and spinach omelet with homemade salsa (cooked in butter)
    S: Medium Apple
    L: Herb crusted tilapia and a big salad with lots of veggies and sunflower seeds (I used actual Caesar dressing mixed with lemon juice...I hate most other dressings!)
    D: Sautéed jalapeño pork sausage (nitrate free/ free range) with green peppers, onions, fresh spinach and tomatoes over broccoli

This all came out to approx:

Calories 1,514
    Fat 108.7
    Carbohydrate 73.0
    Protein 71.5

I am currently at 208.8 lbs from 220 over 3 weeks ago....

What a weekend!! I had the first experience with sugar cravings over the weekend and I hate to admit it but, I caved. On a good note, I am glad I caved because I was able to truly see what carbs and sugars really do to me and how they make me feel! I felt bloated, lost energy, felt lazy, my stomach hurt and it hurt my ego...I am still feeling the effects of it. Now I have a reference as to how I will feel if I cave again. I now know that this lifestyle change is something I want and need and I am more determined to get my kids into a primal lifestyle. Does anyone have any motivating suggestions for when these cravings come lurking around? On that note....moving right along to a new day!

I was able to experiment in the kitchen a bit this weekend...I made some awesome salmon patties and the kids loved them. It was so simple and completely fulfilling...I even have 2 left over for lunch today. I used eggs, cerano pepper, onions, garlic, ginger, lemon juice and some pepper. I fried them up in a bit of butter (I have yet to get me some coconut oil) and they turned out perfect. I threw in a salad...and viola! I am so looking forward to my leftovers for lunch. Tonight I have some pork chops....any recipe suggestions?

Well im back at it! Yesterday I had the following:

B: Hard boiled egg, jalepeno sausage, grapes and green/white tea
    S: none
    L: Leftover salmon patties and a salad
    S: Shrimp on a stick (the girls at the office had these and cheese cake....I opted for just the shrimp!)
    D: Rosemary and thyme pork chops and bacon wrapped asparugus

I also had the boys help me blend up some fresh berries and a bananna (we added some milk) and poured into frozen pops for tonight =) They are excited!

I also went to Curves yesterday...I am missing the sun a lot! I live in south Texas and we have had days and days of rain...really bogs down the energy level! Oh and I went and bought some coconut oil last night....and fried me up and egg this morning...yummy!

Just wanted to update for today before I forget....it has been a busy day!

B: Fried egg 2 sausage patties
    L: Leftover Rosemary and thyme pork chops and bacon wrapped asparugus
    S: Apple and cashew butter (any opinions on cashew butter??)
    D: Im gonna whip up some of the "Primal Jambalaya" that Mark posted! YUM!

that puts me at about....

Calories: 1591
    Fat: 102.8
    Carbs: 49.9
    Protien: 116.9

I also made it to Curves again and have some heavy cleaning to do tonight....hey...that counts!

Neandergirl is offline Member
    [QUOTE=PrimalChristian;215482]What a weekend!! I had the first experience with sugar cravings over the weekend and I hate to admit it but, I caved. On a good note, I am glad I caved because I was able to truly see what carbs and sugars really do to me and how they make me feel! I felt bloated, lost energy, felt lazy, my stomach hurt and it hurt my ego...I am still feeling the effects of it.

It's amazing isn't it, the new ways that you look at sugar after not eating it for awhile! The first time I tried a paleo diet a number of years ago, I could SMELL sugar being brought into the lunch room at work - before I even saw it. When I get cravings, I like to remind myself of the negative physical effects -like the bloat and headaches- and also of the long-term damage (especially diabetes - which runs in my family) that sugar and grains can cause. I know you already had those pork chops but I like them fairly traditional. I coat them with a little EVOO, S&P, then bake. Then just before they're done, I give them a fast broil to crisp up that fat - delicious.
    If you want to be somebody else, If you're tired of fighting battles with yourself
    If you want to be somebody else, Change your mind...~Sister Hazel~

Those pork chops sound good...love the broiling idea! I used a little mustard and pan fried them with the rosemary and thyme, turned out pretty good!

And yes...I need to get to that point where I can "remind" myself what sugar and grains do to me. Especially on mornings like these, a co-worker has brought in doughnuts (thank God I am not a huge fan). I do have 28 years of bad eating habits to contend with but I do see and feel such a change that it helps. Once I can get into a groove with working out and get a few kitchen gadgets then things will come more naturally. I’m really excited about how it is going to affect my kids! Last night’s Primal Jambalaya went great...and to think...they never even asked "where is the rice?". My oldest son did see me put the cauliflower in the food processor...but when he was eating he said "this is good, a little different texture but its good". I’m hoping the change in eating will help them with their behavior and attitudes...we shall see.

I started off my day very sleepy...stayed on the phone with my mom way too late. My plan so far for the day is as follows:

B: 2 Fried eggs, 2 slices of bacon and green/white tea
    L: leftover Primal Jambalaya
    D: I have fresh caught trout thawing at home....I have no clue what to do with it!
    S: if I get a snack attack I brought strawberries and almonds to work...NO doughnuts! (Still have not tried soaking my almonds)

Here’s to another day in the primal fast lane

Neandergirl is offline Member
    Donuts are delicious - no doubt about it. Tempation is all around sometimes ; ) but it does get easier especially once you start experimenting with and discovering new food options. It's the sugar headaches and crashes which are debilitating for me when I indulge. The next day my face will be bloated and my shoes won't fit properly - especially after Pad Thai. I've had times when I've not been able to get my shoes on at all. So those are the things that remind me the most. I also notice that the further I get away >>>>> from the sugar, the less enticing it is. But like all worthwhile endeavors, it takes time.

You're kids are fortunate that they have a parent who is teaching them such good eating habits at their age. That's excellent. It'll counteract the other misleading food info all around them.

I had a large lunch of clams, sea scallops, and sockeye salmon marinated w/onions and garlic in butter and EVOO. It was tasty. I'll probably have more of that for supper. I had tea for breakfast with heavy cream and stevia. I had an early start to the day and I wasn't hungry so I waited for lunch to eat. I also roasted a roaster chicken to have for the rest of the week (and for my finicky dog & cat). The strawberries and almonds are a great idea and delicious too - good defense. I like trout but I haven't had it alot. I'm on the east coast so I am a seafood person and I don't usually clean fin fish but you might want to pan fry it in butter with herbs (after it's cleaned :O) - that might be yummy.

I also want to try soaking some almonds to make almond milk - I was excited when I saw the Silk brand come out w/almond milk but as usual it had sugar and other additives. Let me know if you do make some and I'll let you know when I try too.

Another Sparkling Primal Day! Ciao
    If you want to be somebody else, If you're tired of fighting battles with yourself
    If you want to be somebody else, Change your mind...~Sister Hazel~

isaboblue is offline Senior Member
    hey there! if you're stuck at a desk all day, like me, try TAWFunGuy's, For Whom the Bell Tolls....every hour on the hour get up off your tush and do something for two minutes...jumping jacks, yoga, pushups, planks, squats, burpees, you name it.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow Neandergirl...that lunch sounds awesome! I ended up not having the trout last night because it turned out to be a crazy night. I am a Den leader for Cub Scouts and we are doing a Show & Sell for popcorn to raise $ for our pack. And we only had 2 weeks to do it in....well last night was the first night since the 2 weeks started that it was not raining so we called everyone and got out there and sold some popcorn with the boys! As a matter of fact we are going to do it for the next 4 days!! We have over $2000 worth of popcorn to sell.

So once it got dark last night, and my kids and I were starving (we happened to be holding the sale right across the street from a Dominos Pizza!) I went to the grocery store and grabbed them a pizza....I was so hungry that I almost caved but I got some frozen stuffed shrimp with crab...there was a small amount of bread crumbs in the stuffing but the carb and sugar count was pretty low...so that is what I went with. Not too bad! I do not feel guilty and I’m moving on to today.

Isaboblue, I am at a desk ALL DAY! It is killing me. But I am getting into a sort of new position where once I am settled in and can get some clients I can travel a bit and move around during the day. I looked for TAWFUNGUY's post regarding For Whom the Bell Tolls....but I didn’t find it. What date did he post it? That is a good idea to get moving around....the girls her at the office would love to see me do that. For now I go to Curves for Women on my lunch break and when I do not have Cub Scouts or church then I attempt Mark’s suggested exercises for lifting heavy things (pushups, pull-ups, squats…and when I can get to a playground pull-ups).

I am really excited about tomorrow…I am going to let myself get on the scale. I have been a slave to the scale for a long time so I am trying to limit it and base my progress off of how I feel and how my clothes have been fitting…but I’m still excited! I will post how it goes tomorrow.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast