Thread: New Kid from Pennsylvania page

Unshod Sarah is offline Senior Member

New Kid from Pennsylvania

Shop Now
    Hi! I'm new. I came here via Barefoot Ted's website. I've always enjoyed frolicking in the woods, so the fitness theory here really resonates with my sensibilities. Iíve struggled with chronic illness since I was a teen and have been working to improve my health all these years. Recently, I gave up wheat and feel so much better that I wanted to take it up a notch.

I am not super into meat and used to be a vegetarian, so that part of Primal Living is a bit challenging for me. I do enjoy fish and often have fish and eggs for breakfast. I enjoy our fish and vegetable dinners, but I feel hungry all of the time. Does the body adjust to life without grains? Do some peopleís bodies work better on the Primal Lifestyle than others?

Good luck to all of you on the challenge!

Unshod Sarah
    Woman, Artist, Wife, Visionary, Mother, Gardener, Daughter, Tea-drinker, Friend, Believer.

Day two and I feel awful. Thank God, I just found the article on the "low carb flu." I'm going to take it down easy and eat some quinoa and brown rice. Some folks can't just jump in, especially those of us who are accustomed to eating less meat.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    I dont believe there's anything wrong with relying heavily on fish and eggs. Be sure to get your fat in, especially as you adjust to lower carbs. I like adding butter or coconu milk/oil to fish dishes.

Oh, and welcome!

Diktynna is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I'm a PA girl too. The low-carb flu thing is hard, but once you get through it, you're golden. I used to be a vegetarian as well, and I have to say -- it screwed me. I gained 100 lbs in the 10 years I was a veg. I'm kicking myself now that I know how sensitive I am to grains.

Good luck!
    Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Unshod Sarah! Another gardener...Yeah!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

I think I screwed up my metabolism and glucose situation when I was veg. I used to pass out from hypoglycemia all the time back in those days. But it was so easy to maintain my weight at 105lbs. I still cannot believe I've gained 30 pounds in the past four years since getting married.

I really enjoy nuts and seeds and I figure Grok would've eaten plenty of that sort of thing. I think we need a lady Grok name. LOL