Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dates - seriously 6 g carbs? page

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member

Dates - seriously 6 g carbs?

Primal Fuel
    I can't believe it. Maybe my taste has changed but eating a juicy organic date after dinner is like having a Mars Bar. New fav 'treat' - date plus shredded coconut. Yum.

Very happy now with berries, figs and DATES

SeanC is offline Member
    I'd be careful with that carb count. All dates are different depending on type, size, or dried vs. fresh. My favorite race fuel is a Medjool date which has 18g of carbs per date. They are Tasty!!!!!! You can even grind them up and make a sort of Primal energy gel. I prefer just to pop one in my mouth and chew though.
    Last edited by SeanC; 09-08-2010 at 05:33 AM.

Mog
    Thanks for the heads up. Sounded too good to be true. I stick to 1 or 2 as a treat every other day. I will keep an eye out for Medjool dates..

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    This is my favorite mini-treat to make with dates: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...p?recipe=59196 (sub honey for the agave). I freeze them in sillicone mini-muffin trays and can just pop one out if I want a little something.

Alternately omit the frosting, and you just have a date + nut + cocoa primal treat

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Dates are the most delicious little carb bombs! Sometimes I eat a Medjool and some nuts before I run for a nice energy boost.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    If I have dates in the house I'll obsess about them and eventually eat them all in one sitting. I'd take them over candy any day - even over dark chocolate!

Sometimes when I go grocery shopping I buy just a couple from the bulk section, so that I can't go overboard. I've had cashiers give me weird looks when they have to ring up a tiny bag with 3 dates in it, lol!
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Mog
    Great link, thanks! I agree they are better than any snack bar, that's why I can't belive they aren't exploding with carbs.

I need to find these Medjools.

I do that too mayness. Rock up to the counter with 5 little dates....it would be too easy to tell myself that they are really healthy and another one (or 10) couldn't hurt...

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    I cannot have them in my house. I am powerless before them

Mog
    :-(

kjordan is offline Junior Member
    I like to stuff a pitted medjool date with two pecan halves, it tastes just like pecan pie and makes a great snack!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast