Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was Grok a Dancer? page 2

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    Do you also thinkin Grok liked a bit of "play-fighting" with his fellow tribe members? As well as real fisti-cuffs?
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

mikewootini is offline Senior Member
    That's an interesting question. I think it depends on how far you go back with Grok ancestry. Perhaps as juveniles, maybe as adults. There are some evolutionary reasons why 'men' are afraid of approaching women. There was a real risk involved which could have meant a grok rock to your head for approaching the wrong female. It's why I thought the 'dancing' idea for 'attracting' females was so interesting. Non-violent ways of telegraphing alpha-maleness and attracting females. Doing things that reduced the risk of injury, yet showed strengh, charisma, and ability to females I think would probably be more appealing - such as with dancing. I'm not sure that grok was very warlike prior to 15,000 years ago, it would have went against the ability to survive as a group, playfighting could have resulted in injuries that kept you from hunting, moving, or protecting the group - but maybe that's how they weened the weak out? Maybe looking at chimp and gorilla groups would help answer this?

If someone has some links on hard research about this would be awesome!
    -mikewootini
    ==================================================
    While I am 100% primal, sometimes I change gears to Paleo.
    twitter feed * Wootini Gallery

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by queen_sheba View Post
    Do you also thinkin Grok liked a bit of "play-fighting" with his fellow tribe members? As well as real fisti-cuffs?
    i'm pretty sure 'rough housing' has been around since the beginning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12