Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal in CO page

bcreager Guest

Shop Now

Howdy all,

Another Grok here in Colorado. I'm just outside of Boulder, and north of Denver. Got interested in Paleo after reading "The Paleo Diet for Athletes". Just finished "The Primal Blueprint", actually liked it better.

I'm a former swimmer, and now triathlete, and have been moving more and more to the primal ways in my nutrition and workouts (no carbs, more sprints, less LSD). In fact, did Ironman this year on half the hours I did last time, and had a better performance.

I'm now 3 weeks after Ironman, and been eating like crap (lots of sweets and carbs)...everyone needs a little break, but I'm glad to be getting back into the swing of things this week.

Grok on!

Bill

klcarbaugh Guest

Hello, I am a student in Boulder, so I am probably way younger than you. I am also looking for people in my area to work out with... is there anyone else on this forum who attends or will be attending the University of Colorado?

GregL81 Guest

I just moved to Boulder and was also into the triathlon thing for a while. I too followed the "Paleo Diet for Athletes" until I discovered the Primal Blueprint.

-Greg

klcarbaugh Guest

Hi Greg! How are you liking Boulder?

Welcome to the world of delicious fatty meat. Yes, I read the Paleo diet first as well, but not the one geared toward athletes. I assume Mr. Cordain suggests eating lots of carbohydrates?

If you didn't know, there is a new Crossfit gym opening up called Crossfit Roots (in addition to the established Boulder Crossfit). There is a grand opening this weekend. Great resource on heavy lifting as they typically have free "consultations" where you actually work out.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

"Primal in CO"

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

"Primal in CO"

Way to make a guy jealous! My home for 24 years......

Still have CO tags on my Jeep, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay mega-$$$ for Florida tags which will cause SweetJeep to have a hissy fit.

"From the Spanish Peaks to Spanish moss."

Sigh.

klcarbaugh Guest

I have lived in Colorado my whole life. Yes, I know that I am spoiled.

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

I'm south of Denver near Castle Rock. We should have a primal gathering like they had in Seattle sometime.

neidermeyer Guest

I'm in Highlands Ranch, been primal for about 6 weeks, dropped 13 lbs and feel great. I'm up for a CO gathering. We can sharpen our spears, put on our loin cloths and go hunt some wild game. Now thats Primal!

Bourgogne Guest

PrimalCon New York

I live in Erie. Discovered MDA last spring, and am enjoying it thoroughly. Iíve eliminated starches from my diet, and donít miss them at all (the sugars had already gone).

Am definitely not a triathlete, but I walk, and am only five minutes from the new Erie rec center, so Iíll be using their weight machines as soon as I get myself over there to sign up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast