Thread: Becca Ne's Primal Plunge page

Becca Ne' is offline Junior Member

Cool Becca Ne's Primal Plunge

Shop Now
    So, here I am. I've been lurking and testing out tidbits from MDA for about 4 months now (losing 16 lbs along the way), and I have decided that it's time. This year's Primal Challenge has given me the extra motivation I need to finally take the plunge into the full on Primal Lifestyle.

I'm so excited to finally join in on such a wonderful community of people. I look forward to getting to know y'all, and learning more of the wisdom that is shared in this forum.

So, let's establish some baselines to start from:

Current weight: 170.2 lbs
    Height: 5'5"
    Waist: 40"
    Hips: 46"

30 Day Challenge goal weight: 160 lbs.

FINAL goal weight: 130 lbs.

Today, being day 1, I did my best to start out strong. I'm not a big breakfast eater mainly due to time constraints, but I had a boiled egg and a few blackberries round about 8:30 this morning. Lunch consisted of a B.A.S. Among the goodies in my salad were some pine nuts, dried cranberries, egg, and some smoked turkey. Half a small avocado sufficed for an early afternoon snack, and some carrots and almond butter served as my late afternoon snack. 5pm started my weekly 18 hr IF to be broken after 11am tomorrow with my lunch.

In spite of being a little under the weather (literally), the hubby and I did manage to do some bodyweight excercises. I showed him the Primal Blueprint Fitness heavy lifting routine, and he seems to like it so far. I can't get him over to the website to do his own research. Our evening meals have been primal for the most part since I started lurking, but he eats all kinds of horrible things for lunch and sometimes breakfast! He seems to be under the impression that this is the Atkins diet all over again, and he has a hard time with "that diet thing". The Atkins diet left him feeling bad most of the time. I try to explain to him that it was because although he was cutting out carbs, he was still eating crap; but he seems determined not to listen to me. I keep hoping that maybe if I can get him away from eating boo boo when he isn't eating at home, maybe he will see just how much better he will feel. If not, maybe he will eventually notice the positive changes in me on top of the weight loss. I have never had so much energy or felt better in my life than I have since I started cutting out grains!

Anyways. I didn't mean to go into all that, but if any of you have any ideas on how to help convert the hubby, advice and help is always welcome!

And the advice and help goes for me as well...I'm not always sure that I really know what I'm doing. At this point, I'm just trying to do my best to live by what I have gleaned. PLEASE feel free to point out any no no's that I do.

Thank you guys, and happy hunting to you all!
    Grok on!

Day 2!

B - IF

L - Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast with a spinach salad, tomatoes, and grilled mushrooms stuffed with pesto

D - Grilled Ribeye and steamed broccoli

Ventured away from water as my drink of choice with lunch. Instead, I had unsweet tea.

Today, I rest. I've had the sniffles since yesterday morning, and today it seems to have turned into a full blown upper respiratory infection. All I have to say is that my body has impeccable timing when it comes to deciding to get sick... /

Days 3, 4, 5, and 6. Between working all weekend and being sick, I'm just now getting back to posting.

Day 3:

L: A large salad with all kinds of meat and veggies on top from a local pizza parlor (hey. At least I didn't eat the pizza...)

D: Grilled chicken salad and unsweet tea

No excercise this day because I was still extremely puny.

Day 4:

B/Morning snack: Eggs, bacon, and cheese

L: Salad with avocado, turkey, and pine nuts. Homemade vinaigrette dressing

D: Baked chicken leg and thigh. Broccoli

Again, still puny. Did a little more moving around than I had been, but nothing too strenuous.

Day 5:

B: cup o' coffee with some creamer and a little sugar

L: Large salad with avocado and tuna on top, a couple bites of coworker's leftover chicken monterrey

D: Grilled Pork Ribs, yellow squash and onions cooked in ghee

Yesterday, I did a lot of running around after work. Between scrambling around stores trying to find a large enough CD case to hold all of our karaoke CDs, cleaning to get ready for guests, and chasing my kiddos around (I was feeling much better yesterday afternoon), I feel it was an excellent slow moving/play day.

As for today, I plan on having meals as follows:

B: Boiled egg, and maybe some chocolate milk (My sensible vice for the weekend, although i'm not really sure that whole organic milk with the NO HFCS Nestle chocolate syrup is really considered sensible...)

L: Leftover pork ribs and some salad

D: Pot roast with mashed rutabegas and salad

Today is laundry and cleaning day at my house, so there will be a lot of slow moving today again. I haven't decided yet, though, as to whether I want to use today as a sprint day or as a heaving lifting day. I'm thinking I'll make it a sprint day if the weather permits. The heavy lifting excercises I can do in my home on weeknights, whereas it is difficult for me to find time to do my sprinting. Besides, I need to get out and get moving after the week of immobility that I have had thanks to the Bug that has had me down.