Thread: Any suggestions for using up leftover beef pot roast? page

lizch is offline Senior Member

Question Any suggestions for using up leftover beef pot roast?

Primal Fuel
    Over the weekend, I made the Italian slow-cooker pot roast from the PB cookbook, using grass fed beef round and oxtail. SO tasty, but just a little bit tough in places...not sure if I overcooked it or undercooked it or what.

Because it's a bit chewy, I'm not too enthusiastic about eating up the leftovers just as slices of cold meat. Anyone have any suggestions for what else I could do with it?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

happy1 is offline Member
    Use the S blade in your food processor to shred the roast. Add chopped onions and mayonnaise to taste. A little sea salt. Yummy!

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Thanks--I'll try that tomorrow with the remaining chunk. Sounds really good!

Tonight, I ended up just chopping about 16oz very small and throwing it into a pot with tomatoes, onions, and some left over chicken stock. After an hour in the oven, it was more tender than I expected.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food