Thread: Primal Journal (Nichols) page

atnichols is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (Nichols)

Ok, I've been "practicing" Primal for a while now, but the Challenge is an opportunity for me to refocus. My goals are to 1) cut all the "cheats" out for 30 days- this includes alcohol and my weekly trip to a frozen yogurt shop in which one can add all the delectable and non-Primal candies one desires 2) re-focus on the intensity in my workouts- intervals 2-3x week, xfit WOD 2x week in addition to walking/hiking more (the dog will like that one). oh yeah and 3) drop weight--I've been playing around with this one and I have dropped a couple of pounds, but am looking for about 6-8 lbs. or 4.3%-5.7% loss. It's going to be HARD!!! But that's why it's called a challenge. BRING IT ON.

PS made the summer squash and sausage/shrimp casserole for dinner last night- highly recommend.

Day 1: weight 139

atnichols is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Checking in... still feel great. Only had one "cheat" of super sugary and delicious cup cakes which tempted me all day at work. Best part was that I tried not to beat myself up over it (still kind of did), but I really wasn't hungry for the rest of the day, so fasted through dinner. Felt fine by the next day. I have dropped 1.5 lbs as of this morning!! I am happy to say that I have broken the 1x week fro yo expedition (it wasn't the fro yo that got me, it was the toppings-which you add yourself at this particular joint). I'm just not all that hungry most of the day, which is nice. I have been really enjoying hot tea a few times a day w/ half and half and Splenda... i have concerns about splenda and have heard the negatives, but when it comes down to it--stevia has an aftertaste in hot beverages (i've tried maybe 10 kinds) and I dont want to use honey due to sugar content.

Best part, I have been getting compliments from friends who don't know about the "challenge."

Day 17: 137.5 lb (5' 6)