Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Mikewootini) - striving to fit into that '300' costume. page

mikewootini is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal (Mikewootini) - striving to fit into that '300' costume.

I hope to emulate King Leonidas someday - at least on Halloween.

I've been Primal 100% since April 20th, 2010. I currently weigh 230 at 5'9, 36in W. I haven't weighed under 200lbs since I was 17. Perhaps this has been because of football and powerlifting as a background. I wonder if I can get there? I've never had a 6 pack, but one can dream.

My favorite breakfast meal is a salad with mixed berries, 3 egg cheese/onion/pepper omelet with 3 pieces of bacon.

I love bacon.

I also love me some buffalo heart.

I run a weekly 5k, Boxing for fun on the weekends, and do various heavy workouts. I very much like simplefit (level 4 currently) and shovelglove. Sprint workouts usually occur once a week.

My current goal - to do 10 Muscle Ups.
    First I need to get to 10 consecutive well executed pullups.

I started this journal with the challenge in mind.

Day 1 of Primal Blueprint Challenge:

Food: 2 chicken thighs, 2 chicken legs, one coffee with half and half no sugar. Lots of rest and downtime at the DMV! cooking another chicken for dinner, with salad. (I love cooking on my BGE Big Green Egg).

Exercise: received a painful Lymphatic massage, after yesterdays 5k, I'm taking it easy.

Sunlight: I washed the car today in lots of sunlight.

Other notes: Need to wash out my kick around vibram sprints(hot tip - tea tree oil and the washer work wonders!)
    -mikewootini
    ==================================================
    While I am 100% primal, sometimes I change gears to Paleo.
    twitter feed * Wootini Gallery

I've been too busy with work to post.

Today I plan to do some simplefit, day 2, level 4.
    Perhaps I'll add a slow run in as well.

Going to fast until dinner time today.
    -mikewootini

I'm actually not feeling too bad from my 2 hour boxing workout on Sunday and Monday nite. Will I recover enough in time for Wed though?

Trying to keep up with Co-eds, it's not as bad as I thought. I'm not much of a sprinter though, never was my strong suit, especially north of 200lbs.
    Trying to get enough calories back to recover for Wed. I also just stop doing stuff if I start to feel winded. I figure, why hurt myself? A burn is nice, pain is not.

I created a new food replacement today. Cashew Butter and 77% chocolate = something better than reeses!
    -mikewootini

My glutes are still a tad sore from the 100 yard lunges during boxing practice, everything else feels mostly ok. Hoping I will be ok for tonight - I jammed some bacon and eggs in me this morning for an energy boost, I added a coffee.

I need to figure out how to better adjust these boxing sessions to be more palatable with my Primal Fitness approach. I will say that 3 days a week of boxing has cut down on my sledgehammer/PBF sessions.
    -mikewootini

Well, I barely made it through the workout, in fact I skipped out early during the 'cardio' phase. I get that they are training by traditional standards, but I'm sorry - i'm not going to run sprints then run 2 miles after an hour of strength training and since we did this on Sunday and Monday. I need time to recover, I'm not a 20 year old co-ed!

I'm actually feeling pretty ok today - a little sore. Some light 55%-70% walk run stuff over the next 2 days should be good after todays rest. My ass is still killing me from Monday's lungefest though.

Made some awesome 'Cashewbutter' cups this week. They are waaaay rich though.
    -mikewootini

after a 20 hour fast, and a HIIT day doing sprints, I gorged myself at an all you can eat brazilian steakhouse with a lovely glass of organic wine. ah.. delicious.
    -mikewootini

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewootini View Post
    Well, I barely made it through the workout, in fact I skipped out early during the 'cardio' phase. I get that they are training by traditional standards, but I'm sorry - i'm not going to run sprints then run 2 miles after an hour of strength training and since we did this on Sunday and Monday. I need time to recover, I'm not a 20 year old co-ed!

I'm actually feeling pretty ok today - a little sore. Some light 55%-70% walk run stuff over the next 2 days should be good after todays rest. My ass is still killing me from Monday's lungefest though.

Made some awesome 'Cashewbutter' cups this week. They are waaaay rich though.
    You know your body and your limits better than anyone else, and you are a smart man for listening to it!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

@Just4Me Thanks, one thing I learned a long time ago was that if a coach or trainer tells you to push it - they aren't always going to help you. I'd rather give up early and have more days of training than sprain and ankle or pull a muscle.

Today it's raining - finally after 2 months. I just did a weigh in, and found I'm now down almost 50 lbs from where I started in April. Another 25lbs and I might hit that 200 that I was when I was 18, though i have no desire to do this quickly. Because of the rain, I skipped out on boxing practice on Sunday, I am going to extend this rest to wednesday.

I did do one Intermittent fast over the weekend, don't plan on doing another one until maybe friday - that's the day of the art opening. Going to focus on work this week and enjoy some well earned time to myself this week.
    -mikewootini

I have had a hard time sleeping lately... especially more than 3 hours at a time. Perhaps it's stress related? *sigh*
    -mikewootini

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yesterday, when I went to pick up the CSA, I had a picture taken with one of my main farmers for Mark's Farmer pic contest.

Brinkley Farms by Michael Wootini, on Flickr

I've been pretty lazy the past few days regarding exercise. I haven't done anything other than walk and move stuff since Saturday. I just haven't been feeling it this week.. well that and with the rain/tropical depression. Weeks of art openings are stressful, perhaps that's why i'm feeling less motivated. Eating wise .. I cooked up a storm of food yesterday.. WEee!
    -mikewootini

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast