Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Mikewootini) - striving to fit into that '300' costume. page 4

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Hi Congrats on the weight loss.. And that Pumpkin soup looks Yummyyy!!!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

mikewootini is offline Senior Member
    @MCW Thanks! When I started I was at 272, I'm currently at 216 and have dropped 8 pant sizes. Here's to working harder though and taking it to the next level
    -mikewootini
    ==================================================
    While I am 100% primal, sometimes I change gears to Paleo.
    twitter feed * Wootini Gallery

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewootini View Post
    @MCW Thanks! When I started I was at 272, I'm currently at 216 and have dropped 8 pant sizes. Here's to working harder though and taking it to the next level
    WOW.. Amazing work! Cheers to the next level!!! I think I shall join you on that one.. the remaining 21 lbs need to go ..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

It's now 1 year since I've followed the primal blueprint. While I've had great success, things sorta stalled out around February. Body just stabilized and stubbornly my body will not budge. It's holding back, afraid! It's like there are some ancient fat pockets that stubbornly refuse to move. I think this may have something to do with the overall mental stress I've been dealing with regarding possibly moving, my business, and caring for my sick family. Acknowledging this I hope will help push past it.

Ok.. so basically what I think I need to do is make a real cardio workout push for the next 30 days, working out 6 days a week for just 30 days to shock the system so to speak. I'm under 50 carbs a day all from vegetables and calorie counts around 1500. Intermittent fasting 4-12 hours every other day and one big 24 hour fast followed by a whole fish or something. Last week I ran a total of 9 miles, this week - I plan on doing 2 5ks, and a day of sprints, off days workouts, for fun - throwing the football around. Time to push to the next level!

I picked up the new Merrel Vibram crossover shoes.. They are great for kicking around - not sure if I would run in them yet. I'll stick to the bikila's for that.
    -mikewootini

Been using a strict regiment of Lean Gains intermittent fasting and using a supplement called 'Yohimbe' (plan on only using it 2 weeks) to jump start things.

Results so far: cut 10 lbs of stubborn fat, quicker recovery, more alert, somewhat better short term memory?

I know, correlation doesn't equal causation - but the jump start has been great. I oddly haven't been very hungry either. We'll see how the rest goes - I know there is a 6 pack under there somewhere!
    -mikewootini

I'm now currently in Los Angeles, not sure 100% what direction I'm going. I'll be travelling back and forth to NC and STL. Currently my stress level is higher, but I've been doing ok with sleeping and maintenance. Hoping to find some outlets here in LA, which shouldn't be so hard.
    -mikewootini

It's been ages since I posted. I've been pretty stuck lately so I'm going to attempt a run of something call "The Blue Print" by Rob Reggish. We'll see how it goes. Basically been maintaining for the past 6 months. Perhaps I should go home and do a cold ocean plunge to get my blood going.
    -mikewootini

In an effort to address optimizing my sleep - I picked up something called a ZEO. It's pretty interesting and I just started collecting data last nite. I'll post something more once I have maybe a week's worth of data - but here is a link to the site if you want to check out something that monitors your sleep - Welcome to Zeo Sleep Manager | Zeo Sleep Manager
    -mikewootini

It's been 2 years since I've used Shampoo.. woohoo!
    -mikewootini

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's been over 2 years since I've been primal. Still battling fatigue - i had my adrenals checked. Adrenals in the toilet, estrogen way up, Testosterone way down. I'd say I'm not even primal anymore but primarily paleo. Dairy is mostly cut out. Oils and nuts reduced. I do all the exercising as prescribed, even working with a trainer. My sleep is decent according to myzeo. I just don't get it. I'm either missing something or there is more to it than that.
    -mikewootini

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast