Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Religion page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Worshiping the sun or volcanoes seems a bit passé lately.

Which god, if any, do you believe in?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

thebkon Guest

I am an atheist, but the closest thing that I come to in a religious sense is the Edmonton Oiler sect belonging to the Church of Hockey! (Currently on the Penguin bandwagon in the Stanley Cup Finals)

62shelby Guest

Primal peoples worshiped at the alter of fertility ie Mother Nature. The spirit gods were animals and they would pray for a good hunt (see caves of Lascaux, and other sites throughout Europe, Africa Australia etc). The venus of willendorf is a famous example of a prehistoric religous icon.I believe another one was found just recently, carved from bone.

It was only when we transitioned to an agrarian society that organised male, god focused religion came into being.

I think we should pray for Mother Nature, as we have desecrated out planet.

eero Guest

There are three topics I have learned to just keep to myself in conversation:

Religion, politics, and diet/health.

But since I am already breaking this rule by joining a diet/health forum....

atheist.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Collective consciousness/Universe

Karin Guest

I'm a Christian from the Lutheran tradition. This may not be the "cool" answer. And i certainly don't begrudge anyone their choice of faiths. Despite a nominally Christian upbringing, i was away from the Church for many years. Still this is what feels spiritually and intellectually right to me. And i encourage everyone to explore their spiritual side (or not) as they see fit. God is not male or female. God is male AND female and more things than we can imagine. "He" is never going to fit into any boy we try to stuff him in. I certainly don't want to see a religious flame-war start on this forum (and i suspect this is why Mark Sisson has never weighed in on the topic at all- to my knowledge. It might be interesting to here where other people's opinions on these matters lie. But, please, everyone be RESPECTFUL.

Karin Guest

not "boy"... BOX. oops.

62shelby Guest

I see no disrespect in any post thus far. Like you said Karin, opinions, we are all entitled to them.

cc40 is offline Junior Member

GO Penguins! ! ! !

twisteddoc Guest

I believe in science.

I had a traditional catholic upbringing. During my teenage years I had a crisis of faith - became a hardcore skeptic, toyed with solipsism, etc. During that time I was a lot into theoretical physics - wanted to get my medical degree and a degree in physics at the same time.

By the time I was 18, I came to terms that I just believed in science and considered myself an atheist.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast