Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Horsewoman stays the distance with primal! page 35

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. And sometimes I'll have a first bite of something I used to enjoy, and it doesn't taste that good, and it's like my little sugar beasties get all mad and I end up eating tons of it until there's a least *some* measure of satisfaction.

DIE SUGAR BEASTIES DIE!!!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    LOL!

I've decided to stop all my supplements since most of them have corn in anyway. Am just keeping vit D, Mg and fish oil. And then oregano oil and starting olive leaf extract. And the Mood Cure aminos, all of which except 5-HTP doesn't do anything I don't think, so I am just going to finish the 3 months worth I bought and then stop them.

Need some new probiotics, I found a brand in a local shop that might be ok, am waiting to hear from the manufacturer to confirm.

And if my varicose vein discomfort is too much without the tablets, I'll order a horse chestnut tincture.

I am feeling really unwell today, moreso even than normally when eating badly. Very dizzy and nauseous.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    This IS healing! A very good sign!

I'm waiting for the energy, too, Karin. I know it'll come; I've had peeks into it. But my house is really begging for it to appear, already! I jjust do what I can, rest as I need to, and keep truckin'.
    LOL! Tell me about it!
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Okay, onwards...

I'm going to try eating a bit more in line with PHD. Aiming for a max of 150g protein per day (40g per meal from solid protein sources) and around 100g of carbs a day from starchy veg and berries. Counting all my macros is too much for me but I can do this.

Breakfast- salmon fishcake, 2 poached eggs and spinach and broc soup with chicken stock and 30g cooked white potato added. 41g protein, 6g carb.

Hmm, only 6g? Think I might need to change it then, 30g would be 200g of potato, no way I could eat that! I can't really believe that, my carb intake must be very low, it doesn't make sense.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    1 potato is like 30+g carbs, no? sry, nak!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    1 potato is like 30+g carbs, no? sry, nak!
    I don't know, but it's a lot less than I thought. No way I can do 100g, half a sweet potato sends my blod sugar crazy. I'm now thinking maybe just do root veg or cook a sweet potato or potato and just add a spoonful to each meal.

Harold Whitman

JKC
    I added what I thought was quite a bit of potato and sweet potato one day and was surprised to find my carbs were only at 75 or so that day. I think these people with very high carbs who add sweet potatoes and such are having 4 or 5 small ones per meal, which I couldn't do if I wanted to.
    Karin

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Yeah, I can only conclude that low carb is the only option for me at the moment. Except when I'm stuffing my face with sugar of course!

Harold Whitman

Well, if I can't stay off sugar, I'm going to try to implement the 5 rules of the Leptin Diet anyway. Funnily enough these closely resemble the steps of RR which I have had success with in the past.

So- 3 primal meals a day at least 5 hours apart, try to minimise sugar and carbs but if I slip up try to keep it to with a meal, work on not dumping exercise and other ways of taking care of myself when my food slips, sleep.

I'm thinking about making an exercise schedule for during the week, and doing something first thing after the school run each day. I can fit that into my routine as long as I do something shortish on Fridays when I need to do the shopping before work.

From the book it seems I have strong symptoms of issues with lymph drainage (shoulder and ear problems), maybe that's why I crave massages! So I can look into ways to improve that.

Thing is, already I am thinking, why am I trying another new scheme, it never works out...

Despite how I love the physical feeling of yoga, I am not wanting to do it at the moment. I'm having another phase of facing that I don't have a spirituality, and grieving for it, and knowing that I can only do yoga as a solely physical thing (plus the psychological benefits) without any spiritual aspect, is sad. I'd rather take a break at the moment.

Harold Whitman

JKC
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsewoman View Post
    Well, if I can't stay off sugar, I'm going to try to implement the 5 rules of the Leptin Diet anyway. Funnily enough these closely resemble the steps of RR which I have had success with in the past.

So- 3 primal meals a day at least 5 hours apart, try to minimise sugar and carbs but if I slip up try to keep it to with a meal, work on not dumping exercise and other ways of taking care of myself when my food slips, sleep.

I'm thinking about making an exercise schedule for during the week, and doing something first thing after the school run each day. I can fit that into my routine as long as I do something shortish on Fridays when I need to do the shopping before work.

From the book it seems I have strong symptoms of issues with lymph drainage (shoulder and ear problems), maybe that's why I crave massages! So I can look into ways to improve that.

Thing is, already I am thinking, why am I trying another new scheme, it never works out...

Despite how I love the physical feeling of yoga, I am not wanting to do it at the moment. I'm having another phase of facing that I don't have a spirituality, and grieving for it, and knowing that I can only do yoga as a solely physical thing (plus the psychological benefits) without any spiritual aspect, is sad. I'd rather take a break at the moment.
    I suspect I may have some issues there too - I absolutely love to stretch, and I think stretching helps with lymph drainage.
    Karin

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast