Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Horsewoman stays the distance with primal! page 27

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks Bee, and yes it is good to see so many supportive and encouraging posts in that thread.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I have little more than sympathy for junkies, now, too
    I don't know what happened with my typing there, lol, but I meant to say something like I have a lot of sympathy for junkies, now, too.

I never could have imagined myself agreeing with someone saying that fat isn't a result of too much food and too little exercise. The only ones I ever saw saying that were Fat Acceptance folks who literally vowed never to try to lose weight b/c they thought it was all genetic and predetermined. I think the right stance is in-between: fat is caused by SOMETHING, but it's not caused by sloth and gluttony for the majority of us. The question is, what, and I'm so thankful the word is starting to get out. It's more complex than simply "stop eating carbs" for some who have complications from food intolerances/gut issues/what have you, but for most, that's enough to get the ball rolling.

I agree with you; I'd add one supp at a time to see if I could notice what each one did.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    I don't know what happened with my typing there, lol, but I meant to say something like I have a lot of sympathy for junkies, now, too.

I never could have imagined myself agreeing with someone saying that fat isn't a result of too much food and too little exercise. The only ones I ever saw saying that were Fat Acceptance folks who literally vowed never to try to lose weight b/c they thought it was all genetic and predetermined. I think the right stance is in-between: fat is caused by SOMETHING, but it's not caused by sloth and gluttony for the majority of us. The question is, what, and I'm so thankful the word is starting to get out. It's more complex than simply "stop eating carbs" for some who have complications from food intolerances/gut issues/what have you, but for most, that's enough to get the ball rolling.

I agree with you; I'd add one supp at a time to see if I could notice what each one did.
    It's okay, I knew what you meant.

I am enjoying the DLPA lol. I feel like I have in my hands, everything I need to heal, at least in every way that is possible for me now.

I have a full day yoga workshop tomorrow, am a little nervous as I am feeling weak and wimpy and my back is playing up as well as the usual shoulders and ankle.

Having said that I also feel very energetic within, and motivated, and ready to get out and do some stuff. I think this Mood Cure stuff may have something in it lol.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Well I survived my yoga day. Regretted taking an HCl tablet with lunch though as I had terrible heartburn in a couple of the afternoon poses, was scared I was going to vomit. No doubt people assumed it was because of my weight and that I had eaten too much, despite in fact me having eaten less than everyone else as I took my own egg salad and they were all tucking into a vegetarian spread and cake lol.

I took all my tablets with me so I could stick to the new routine. Need to stick to it properly for a few days before I can make a judgement of how it is going. I skipped the licorice today, and no hot flushes. I guess it'll be good news if don't need it.

The day was good but I am looking forward to branching out from iyengar now I am getting stronger. I hope I like the class I am going to next week.

Mothers Day tea of roast beef with red wine and strawberries for afters and then I'm going to bed as early as I can get away with!

Harold Whitman

Slept better last night, after all that yoga and fresh air. Definately feeling benefits from the 5-HTP and DLPA. When I ask myself how I feel and look inside, I see the same swirl of stress and sadness, but then I look at the outward signs and see I am more hopeful, making plans, wanting to get out and do things.

Today I'm going to finish my last 90% cocoa Lindt bar and then no more cocoa. The theobromine has such a strong effect on me, I can't claim to be nurturing my adrenals if I am eating that every day! I'm pondering sources of sugar because I don't want to try to suddenly drop it completely right now, I'd rather wait and see what happens with the Mood Cure protocol. Interestingly my intake is already way down, I've only been having honey and berries the last few days except for some 70% choc and some low sugar brownies I made which had crystalised ginger in them. I think staying away from dairy is a big factor too. Separating dairy and sugar by going off dairy first was interesting, before I've alwasy done sugar first or both at the same time. Interesting to see how badly dairy affects me.

I'm thinking I can bake and make berry muffins with ground almonds and lots of egg and a little honey. Maybe put them in the freezer and have one or two a day with meals and watch what happens.

Harold Whitman

Feeling quite down today. Very tired and sore, couldn't sleep and then my foot was so sore this morning I couldn't even walk the kids to school. I'm so sad about my yoga class changing it's terms, you have to buy 6 weeks in a block now and I just can't commit to that, so now I can only go if there is a space, and if I am well enough on the day .

I went to the meditation this morning instead, it was very relaxing but afterwards the lady leading it was quite forceful in saying to me I should come and see her or someone else who could tell me things I can't see myself about my situation. It bothers me how much that freaks me out... the fear that she could see inside me and that she would see that I am bad. Thought I was getting past that.

First day without cocoa today and I am really craving it. I took some tyrosine midmorning for the first time but didn't notice any difference. I indulged in a pint of elderflower sorbet (waited till I could have it with lunch, well done me) with no added nasties except the sugar. The choc was so ideal for a low sugar treat though. Heading into sorbets, smoothies and fruit won't work out, I know that already. I can bake but not when I'm this tired. I have berries but aaargh I just want a Tesco Finest 70% cocoa with ginger bar right now!!!

Harold Whitman

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    The irony of a forceful meditation leader...
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Quote Originally Posted by mamagrok View Post
    the irony of a forceful meditation leader...
    lol!

Harold Whitman

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried a bengal spice tea? That helps me greatly when I'm craving sweets, it tastes like a mexican hot cocoa, but its just flavoured water really. I bet it would be even more awesome with some coconut milk.
    SW: 235
    CW:220
    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Quote Originally Posted by elorajade View Post
    Have you tried a bengal spice tea? That helps me greatly when I'm craving sweets, it tastes like a mexican hot cocoa, but its just flavoured water really. I bet it would be even more awesome with some coconut milk.
    No I haven't, thanks. I think I have some Yogi spice tea somewhere. Can't do coconut unfortunately. Mind you it's not sugar I'm craving, it's the theobromine in the dark choc. I'm not sugar free at the moment, while I take each food out one at a time (just did dairy, now the cocoa). I ate a load of sugar and it didn't affect the craving for dark choc at all. LOL I have been caffeine free for 10 years, had no diea I was vulnerable to getting hooked like this! My favourite is the ginger chocolate so I made some ginger tea with a tsp of honey but that didn't help either. Just got to ride it out I think. I don't mind if my sugar intake goes up for a few days while I go through withdrawal. That's next on the list.

Harold Whitman

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast