Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Horsewoman stays the distance with primal! page 2

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Last night I ate no supper, even though I was up and um, active till 11.30pm. Went straight to sleep and slept right through until 6.30am, no nighttime hunger pangs!

Today I feel good. Having a bit of trouble remembering words, am guessing that means I'm not quite up to speed with ketosis yet. Other than that I feel good. After I ate my tea tonight I felt like my body was singing. I think the lyrics were something like "At last, at last she has learned how to feed me!" LOL

Today's food, Sept 13th, day 7 of the challenge (1 month since I first went primal!):

7.20 4 egg omelette with broccoli, onion and tomato in, EVOO

10.15 decaf coffee

12.05 Shake with 40g whey isolate, berries and water and a tsp coconut oil

12.35-1.05 Swim, incl 4 sprints

1.45 2 roasted duck legs, greens, lemon juice, 4 sq 85% choc

7.00 lamb steaks in ghee and EVOO, ACV, rosemary, raw spinach, stewed apple and blackberries

10.50 nuts

Yes, I went 5 hours without eating and without feeling a blood sugar crash coming on!
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 09-14-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Day 8- Sept 14th:

7.25 4 eggs scrambled with ghee, 1 courgette, 1 apple

11.30 turkey cooked in CO and spices, onion, courgette, tomato, EVOO, aubergine, 1 strip of 88% choc

I don't know what was going on with this chocolate. I had 1 strip which by eye was roughly equivalent to the 4sq I have been having of the other type. It was 88% chocolate but tasted weirdly sweet and not so cocoa-y, and afterwards my heart felt racey/ fluttery as if I'd eaten too much sugar, which didn't happen with the other stuff.

2.55 Went down to school early and walked by the river for 25 mins. I am lucky I get to walk to school run 6 times a week (the days we don't need to go somewhere in the car after), today was a car day due to kids dancing lessons.

3.50 small meal of tinned mackerel, raw spinach, lime juice

6.30 tuna, CO, coconut milk, veg, curry spices

Too much CM I think, second time I've chucked in a full can to make a curry "soup" and then felt overful and queasy after, so won't do that again.

8.30 Ate the rest of that darned choc bar (4 rows). It was too sweet and not chocolately enough and now my heart is funny again, I am definately not buying that brand again! Maybe even though it's low in sugar, the sweeter taste was enough to trigger me into wanting more, I've not had a problem sticking to 4sq with the other brand.

Oh well, still really I didn't have much sugar, and it provides an opportunity for me to practice my new "no all or nothing" attitude!

Ugh I feel grim this morning. Couldn't sleep, for which I blame the chocolate, and so lay in bed and got into talking to dh about some stressful stuff, aargh not conducive to relaxation! Dh is kindly taking the kids to school this morning so I can have an easier start. I have also broken out my lightbox this morning, the weather has been a lot greyer the last few days, and the leaves are starting to turn, so I think it is time.

Day 9 already, nearly 1/3 of the way there .

Day 9- Sept 15th:

7.40 Shake with 40g whey isolate, berries (blackberries and red and blackcurrants, tsp CO, tsp cocoa powder, water

10.40 nuts

11.30 Having massive blood sugar crash, worst ever I think! Should have known better than to do a shake for breakfast, I know I need solid protein in the morning, but I was feeling tired

11.45 mince and onions with greens and spinach, 1 sq lindt 90% cocoa choc

5.50 4 sausages (no grains in), mixed veg tomatoey sauce, 1 Bramley apple oven cooked with ghee, cinnamon and a bit of 90% choc (my dd made these with a friend who was visiting, they were very nice, but her friend who is not used to our hardcore no sugar ways couldn't eat hers!)

7.30-8.45 yoga class

9.15 bit of leftover mince thing with bit of leftover veg sauce
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 09-15-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Day 10, Sept 16th:

7.20 3 eggs and 2 bacon, broc and tom, scrambled, with lard

9.05-10.30 walk on moors

11.30 steak in tallow, leeks, balsamic vinegar

3.00 nuts

5.45 bolognaise sauce with organic mince, onion, tinned toms, celery, mushrooms, carrot, and a salad with lettuce and green pepper and olives, EVOO and ACV, small banana

7.30 Was having sugar cravings since tea time, hoped the banana would fix it but it didn't, ate 4 sq of lindt 90% and headed off a Haagen Dazs attack, yay (now buzzing from the caffeine as I'm not used to it, not so yay!)

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    I don't know, but when I eat a banana I'll be cravings sweets for hours afterward.
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Quote Originally Posted by Just4ME View Post
    I don't know, but when I eat a banana I'll be cravings sweets for hours afterward.
    I ate the banana because I was craving sugar. It was a very small one. Sometimes that is enough to get rid of the craving, but it didn't do it this time. Still, I kept out of the Haagen Dazs!

Day 11, Sept 17th:

7.20 Bolognaise with veggies in from yesterday

11.30 4 hardboiled eggs, 1 avocado, salad leaves incl rocket, frozen raspberries

4.30 nuts

5.45 roast chicken, aubergine, tomato, onion and Italian herbs, 2 glasses shiraz and 3 sq of lindt 90% choc

9.30 Rest of bolog, 2 sq choc
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 09-17-2010 at 03:20 PM.

Day 12, Sept 18th:

8.10 2 eggs and 3 bacon fried in lard, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in ghee

11.15 cold chicken with leftover aubergine sauce, raspberries, 2 sq lindt 90%

3.40 mixed seafood (prawns, mussels, squid rings), avocado, lemon juice, raspberries

Went out to an outdoor classical concert with fireworks, was great, took...

8.00 Salmon, olives, cherry tomatoes, balsamic, EVOO, glass of wine and 3 tasters of wine from the wine stand
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 09-19-2010 at 09:20 AM.

Day 13, Sept 19th:

Totally blew it today, having some personal issues at home and didn't handle them well. Well no, lets not all it totally blew it, I am still eating primal meals along with the other crap, better than just the crap yes?! Actually I think weighing myself this morning was also a factor, it has happened like that before. I weighed myself and found I have gained a lb since I started the challange, blah. Bear in mind I am about 90lbs overweight, so it is very disappointing. I shoudl Freecycle the bloomin scales I think!

8.50 3 bacon, 3 eggs, cherry toms in lard, mushrooms in ghee

12.45 turnip and leek soup, salmon, EVOO, balsamic, leafy salad with rocket

2.30 3 espresso ice cream bars and pot of Haagen Dazs ice cream, Eat Natural bar with dark chocolate, puffed rice, nuts and dried fruit

5.40 Roast pork, greens, carrots

7.30 chocolate (some good stuff, some candy type stuff- which was gross by the way, wow, that never happened before even when I hadn't touched it for a year, must be having the 85% stuff that's made me feel like that!!)
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 09-20-2010 at 01:55 AM.

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sorry to hear that you are having some issues.... hopefully they will work out soon. The goal is to get back on track when we stumble. When it comes to the scales, I have learned with women that the scale doesn't always reflect what is actually happening. I have learned and seen that for women the best way to check on the weight loss is not by the scales but by using a body tape measure. My wifey went through the same thing and got very discouraged... that was until we used the tape on her and she noticed immediately that inches were starting to come off from around her body, despite the scale saying she was plataeuing or slightly gaining. It is just something to consider.

Keep in it and keep your head up.... you WILL make it through and we here in the tribe believe in a saying.... "NO GROK LEFT BEHIND!"

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast