Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Horsewoman stays the distance with primal! page 11

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Bacon, eggs, tom and mushrooms fried in lard for breakfast. Somehow hot fat splattered my front and I was wearing a scoop-necked tshirt, and I now look like I am coming down with chicken pox! lol

Had half a tsp CO this morning.

Had the salmon thing from yesterday with 1/2 a can of coconut milk for lunch, made a nice fish soup. Except now I feel really nauseous. Coconut milk seems to not agree with me. I don't know if it's candida or similar, or an intolerance or allergy. Not had nausea from an intolerance before. Can't just be too much fat, I eat a lot of high fat meals without any problem except sometimes slight heartburn.

Ugh.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    I would ease into the coconut milk very gradually. When I first started using it (coconut custard, yum!), it would give me a stomach ache. I think, little by little, I've adapted to it. Now I can eat half a can of coconut cream without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JenCat View Post
    I would ease into the coconut milk very gradually. When I first started using it (coconut custard, yum!), it would give me a stomach ache. I think, little by little, I've adapted to it. Now I can eat half a can of coconut cream without a problem.
    Thanks. It's funny because I've used it for some time and not had a problem. But looking back that was when the rest of my food wasn't so good, so maybe it did make me feel iffy but I didn't realise that was the cause as so much else was going on.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Or if it's a detox thing (which nausea could be), it could be that the CO didn't have the ability to help you detoxify then, since the stuff creating the toxins was coming in faster than the CO could have helped with, or that you could have noticed above the other chaos, as you said.

I haven't had issues with CO, but a lot of folks say it does major detox for them, Herxheimer reaction (sp?), die-off, whatever, and then settles down and they can increase the amount gradually. Epsom salt baths and/or ginger tea can help with die-off, if that's it. I'm off to take one b/c I'm battling something crazy mood-wise, and that's the only thing I can think to do!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Or if it's a detox thing (which nausea could be), it could be that the CO didn't have the ability to help you detoxify then, since the stuff creating the toxins was coming in faster than the CO could have helped with, or that you could have noticed above the other chaos, as you said.

I haven't had issues with CO, but a lot of folks say it does major detox for them, Herxheimer reaction (sp?), die-off, whatever, and then settles down and they can increase the amount gradually. Epsom salt baths and/or ginger tea can help with die-off, if that's it. I'm off to take one b/c I'm battling something crazy mood-wise, and that's the only thing I can think to do!
    Thanks. I feel better now thank goodness, and am hungry for my tea. So relieved I'm not going to puke lol.

Harold Whitman

What we call "moussaka bolognaise" for tea. Lamb mince, onion, aubergine, tomato, cinnamon, garlic. Nice decaf coffee.

Am starting to think about reorganising my exercise program now I am feeling a bit more energetic. For once I am letting myself dream of things I'd like to do, that I've assumed since I got ill and put on all this weight, that I would never be able to do. And that I wouldn't have had the confidence to do before I got ill. Rock climbing. Dancing. Roller skating. And to be able to go horse riding again (my lifelong dream is to have my own horse).

Going to have some flaked almonds before bed, feel a bit hungry.
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 02-12-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Harold Whitman

Moussaka stuff for breakfast.

Did the bodyweight exercises last night, they are pretty good. Nice to see I'm not an utter beginner though with my weight obviously I can't do anything very impressive. But my yoga has given me enough strength to do 40 wall squats, 40 wall press ups, 90 secs of the stage 1 plank etc. I think this will add nicely to the yoga class which lately has become more about flexibility than strength for me as after a year I have gained the strength to hold the poses for the time we do, and there's not really a progression as new people join all the time.

I'm going to see if my husband would like to do the exercises with me, could be fun.

I'm pleased I'm not as bad a wimp as I thought, I always feel I am stopping before I should because I can't take discomfort, but after doing the squats I actually physically couldn't walk down the stairs lol, I got 1/3 of the way down and my legs just crumpled under me lol.

Weighed this morning, big mistake as haven't lost any weight since the initial water loss. I am eating so much, and still hungry 3-4 hours after. I know I am burning fat as I am definately in ketosis but I am wondering if it's dietary fat and my body fat is still locked away. My body has been so desperately hanging on to every bit of fat it can since I was ill. Prior to paleo unless I went around feeling weak and irritable with hunger I simply could not lose weight, if I ate to appetite I would stay exactly stable. I really, really hope paleo will fix that because dieting is not something I am willing, or indeed able, to do. Time will tell I suppose.

Going to add some sprints to my swimming, hopefully that'll help.

Harold Whitman

Ugh, feeling really low now. Took my daughters to the cinema, the film was good and I took a great lunch of chicken dark meat, olives, salad and lemon juice. But the drive (it's 40 mins each way) and stopping off at a clothes shop on the way back for my daughter, has exhausted me. I hate going in clothes shops with her, it is so embarrassing since it is so obvious I am way too big to fit any of the clothes, and I feel so exposed- hugely fat with frizzy, messy thin hair, horrible rosy thread-veined face, it's always too hot and I start to feel all sweaty and red-faced like some kind of sterotyped sweaty, smelly fat person. And I am just sad that a trip like that is enough to exhaust me so badly that i can hardly type. I've written a poem for my husband for tomorrow but I need to finish it and copy it up and I just can't get my head around it, and now I've looked at it while I'm feeling down, it looks crap anyway.

Want ice cream. I have this thing I do- I drive to the shop and buy some food (crisps, ice cream and chcolate) and a tacky magazine, then I drive to a local beauty spot (of which we have many) and sit in the car and eat my treats and my magazine. It is so blissful, I am totally absorbed in what I am doing, all my worries and stresses and the pressure of my life just disappear and I am just enjoying the food and the silly entertainment.

Good thing I am too tired to go to the shop!

Harold Whitman

mummybeelee is offline Senior Member
    (((hugs)))

Sorry you are so exhausted. It sounds like emotionally as well as physically? (((hugs)))

I wonder if it would help to brainstorm a Primal appropriate way of getting that same escape and relaxation? The silly entertainment, beautiful scenery and escape all sound like something important for you to keep in your life. Is there a special primal treat you could reserve just for those times?
    Avocado? Peppers stuffed with salmon? A coconut milk smoothie?

Or maybe something non food? Painting your nails in a gorgeous colour? Listening to some wonderful music?

Remember you just added the bodyweight exercises as well. Be gentle with yourself (((hugs)))

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mummybeelee View Post
    (((hugs)))

Sorry you are so exhausted. It sounds like emotionally as well as physically? (((hugs)))

I wonder if it would help to brainstorm a Primal appropriate way of getting that same escape and relaxation? The silly entertainment, beautiful scenery and escape all sound like something important for you to keep in your life. Is there a special primal treat you could reserve just for those times?
    Avocado? Peppers stuffed with salmon? A coconut milk smoothie?

Or maybe something non food? Painting your nails in a gorgeous colour? Listening to some wonderful music?

Remember you just added the bodyweight exercises as well. Be gentle with yourself (((hugs)))
    I'm not sure, I was feeling good before, I think it's the combination of being worn out from the trip and having to hang around in Next for 3/4 of an hour!

I agree about the escape thing. Have been trying to work out ways of doing it without the food. It is hard to do that because nothing can compare with eating ice cream. I do lots of other things for myself but it's not the same.

Having said that, the last couple of times it wasn't so fun. The ice cream didn't taste as nice. But of course I remember the old version lol.

Harold Whitman

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast