Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manuka Honey page 2

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Fuel

But they don't have fructose, hee hee hee.....

cherytuttle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFish View Post
    1 teaspoon of honey * 3 = 1 tablespoon = 60 calories. Even Mark admits to putting a teaspoon of sugar in his morning coffee.

I haven't seen the video but I still don't think that honey, something man has eaten since Grok's time, in small quantities is going to have an adverse effect on a healthy person.
    Well, I don't think that it would cause an adverse effect on a healthy person.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Manuka honey is used in our hospitals as well as the general population because of its high antibacterial properties, among other things.

Here is a link with more detail. It's been tested over and over again in RCTs. BUT it's a medicinal grade, not the stuff you get in the grocery store (usually). It'll be labelled as such. I keep it in my medicine cabinet.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Manuka honey is used in our hospitals as well as the general population because of its high antibacterial properties, among other things.

Here is a link with more detail. It's been tested over and over again in RCTs. BUT it's a medicinal grade, not the stuff you get in the grocery store (usually). It'll be labelled as such. I keep it in my medicine cabinet.
    It is delicious, nutritious and about as primal you could get in the way of sweet, natural foods. Grok even would have raided bee hives for it.

New zealanders have been using it for many years and there is nothing dangerous about it. Tell your mum to eat up..

Manuka is just tea tree. The tea tree oil from the plant is quite strong but honey from the nectar is a whole different issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12