Thread: Celiac going Primal page

cmsimmons is offline Junior Member

Celiac going Primal

I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a little over two years ago. Before that I prescribed to the whole idea that you are suppose to eat whole grain...and believe me I really enjoyed it. I even at one point decided to try and go vegetarian, it was then that I started to get sick. Problem was most "veg" products have wheat gluten as the main ingredient. I gave up wheat gluten and I felt great. But I must say it is really easy to get "glutenized" (that is what I call it) by eating out or eating something you have not your self cooked. I have been playing around with the idea of going primal for some time and know that it is what is best for myself. SO I'm taking the plunge. I plan on starting the Primal Challenge and I cant wait.
    My starting weight is 136. (Thats already down from 169 in Jan 2010).

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    If you like what happened when you gave up gluten, you'll love what happens when you also ditch the other grains.

Don Quixote is offline Junior Member
    My mum was diagnosed with celiac disease a couple of years ago. Though she's changed her diet she's put on weight, has terrible arthritis and her bones are dust. I'm thinking the PB way of eating could really help. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Hi, I am new here too, been starting out with primal just the last few weeks. I am nastily gluten intolerant (and suspect celiac), have been gluten free for about 18 months. It has changed my life but I still have some niggling issues that I hope primal will deal with. Dairy is dodgy for me too so I need to get off that as well.

I think primal is the best way to eat for celiac/ gluten intolerance. So many processed foods are contaminated with gluten, and I have found wheat-like grains in packets of gluten free grains, even in buckwheat flakes from the "Allergycare" brand! I am happy to get rid of grains completely

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    My mum was diagnosed with celiac disease a couple of years ago. Though she's changed her diet she's put on weight, has terrible arthritis and her bones are dust. I'm thinking the PB way of eating could really help. Best of luck and keep us posted!
    Hey DQ, Have a look at my journal. BTDT with celiac and related issues. PB does help but most importantly: optimizing vitamin D levels will help.

Have a look at the vitamin D link in my sig line and The Vitamin D Thread

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

cmsimmons is offline Junior Member
    To DQ....I remember when I was told to quit eating wheat, everything I read said you will lose weight...I did not. I gained but lets be honest I was eating quite a bit of junk and was inactivate. I've started doing crossfit back in June and I love it. I feel better and I'm starting to look better. I know that when I go primal I will just go to a new level. My biggest issue is going to be with getting rid of sugar but im in this to win it. AT Horsewoman...I will never forget the doctor telling me before they gave me the blood test...."If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its a duck."

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsimmons View Post
    To DQ....I remember when I was told to quit eating wheat, everything I read said you will lose weight...I did not. I gained but lets be honest I was eating quite a bit of junk and was inactivate. I've started doing crossfit back in June and I love it. I feel better and I'm starting to look better. I know that when I go primal I will just go to a new level. My biggest issue is going to be with getting rid of sugar but im in this to win it. AT Horsewoman...I will never forget the doctor telling me before they gave me the blood test...."If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its a duck."
    LOL at your doctor! As far as mine is concerned- if it is tired, fat and has miscellaneous physical symptoms, it must be depressed and require prozac <sigh>

As for sugar, I have found huge improvements in my health off sugar- less inflammatory issues, no more headaches, better sleep, less fluid retention, better immune function and so on .