Thread: Parsnips - good or not so good? page

Pezerinno is offline Senior Member

Parsnips - good or not so good?

I'm hearing mixed things regarding my beloved parsnips (usually fried in coconut oil). Are they too starchy?

Thanks!

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Too starchy for what? If you are low carb or very low carb, maybe. Otherwise, I'd put them in the same category as sweet potatoes: some should eat them, some should not, and everyone should consider how they look, feel, and perform (ht: Robb Wolf) when eating them--but then that goes with everything. [Unrequested mini-sermon: PB should not be a simple do-don't list, but a set of principles according to which we make decisions.]
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Pezerinno is offline Senior Member
    In that case I might cut them out if I ever choose to lose a bit of fat. Thanks.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pezerinno View Post
    In that case I might cut them out if I ever choose to lose a bit of fat. Thanks.
    I'm with you. I love sweet potatoes, but I enjoy them infrequently due to my need to decrease my BF%. If parsnips were a favorite, they'd suffer the same end. Alas.
    Last edited by tangentrider; 09-06-2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: clarity
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.