Thread: Ready for the challenge, and how do I sign up? page

Ready for the challenge, and how do I sign up?

Primal Fuel
    I have started a new beginning by going backwards.

It all started when my son, age 25, decided that he had found the solution to both my weight and knee issues. “Mom, you have got to try the caveman diet! I think you’ll love it.” The caveman diet? Are you kidding me? Me? No way. I haven’t been born in this glorious age of food to go back in time to eat raw meat while getting eaten by mosquitoes or bigger things! Particularly when he informed me that there would be no eating of bread, grains, sugar or beans. No way, not this girl.

Fast forward 9 months to a raining May day. My knees, which were damaged severely in a skiing accident 30 years ago, were having a hard day. More than that, they were having a hard month! I felt like I was dragging my legs around, weighted down by the pain from osteoarthritis. I made an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon to start my supartz injections again, which are all I have left between me and a knee replacement.

My son, got me in a weak moment and once again gave me his paleo (short for Paleolithic) diet plug. “Mom, give it a try! You won’t hurt anymore.” Fine. Just to get him off my back, I’ll give it a try. Huff.

The first day on this diet I was wild eyed and in a blind panic. What will I eat if I can’t stick something between two pieces of bread??? I stood in the kitchen, frozen. Hungry and frozen. Fortunately my son was home and got industrious and made us a delicious tuna salad stuffed in green pepper halves served next to apple slices. Ah, not so bad. I feel good and that wasn’t that difficult. I think I can do this.

After 2 weeks of eating mostly grain, legume, and sugar free, a funny thing happened. My knee pain just stopped. I mean, it was like a light switch was flicked. No more pain. I went ahead and went to my pre-scheduled doctor’s appointment, for good measure. My doctor just shook his head, perplexed why I just stopped having pain. But I knew why. We are what we eat.

So, I am off on a new adventure by going backwards. I have been eating this new way, more or less, for about 2 months and quite frankly, loving it. I love it. I LOVE IT! Which is so cool. I still have to take forays back into the grain and sugar world occasionally, just to remember how awful I feel from it. And then gladly go back to the cavewoman café.

I am so excited about all this that I have launched a new blog, http://cavewomancafe.wordpress.com/ that will be devoted to my exploration and recipes in this new life of eating and being healthy. I will be getting on my soapbox occasionally, sharing wonderful recipes and bringing you along the way as I study and learn the old ways in a new world.

Please feel free to share any recipes you have concocted or any suggestions.

Now the big question of the day.... How does a cavewoman sign up for this challenge on mark's blog??

Yours in excitement
    Cavewoman Cafe

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome!

I added your blog to the (long) list of primal/paleo/low-carb blogs that I read and I'll catch up on it later today. =]

I don't think there's anything to sign up for - each day there will be contests and challenges and whatnot and you can just participate in each one that interests you.

If you plan on setting your own primal goals for this 30 day period and want somewhere to stay accountable, you can start a thread in the "Primal Blueprint Journals" section of the forums.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.