Thread: Cold Feet and Hands from Dairy free? page

strom is offline Senior Member

Cold Feet and Hands from Dairy free?

Primal Fuel
    I've been Dairy free for 6 weeks now. I now have cold hands and feet which seem to radiate from those points. I used to always be super warm. Any ideas on what is causing it? My guess is thyroid, since my father has hashimoto's. But I haven't had a test for that yet.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    I could be wrong, but my only guess would have to be since dairy contains Vitamin D (synthetic or not) you might not be getting as much or enough D. And since Vitamin D is necessary for proper Thyroid Function... that could explain the cold hands/feet.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

strom is offline Senior Member

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Ok so completely wrong haha... Have you changed anything else recently?

I'd personally do a nutrient check, and if everything looks in order, do a carb re-feed and see if it fixes it for a couple days. Depending on how low your carbohydrates are and how high the fatty acids are, your thyroid could be downregulated right now. Low carb tends to do that after a while via lowering/inhibiting Type 2 deodinase, which slows down T4 > T3 conversion.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

doug is offline Member
    By removing dairy you may be inadvertently eating less calories or less fat which may be lowering your metabolism.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Or it could just be coincidence. Cold hands and feet is a symptom of thyroid disorder, and also some other issues as well if I'm not mistaken. it could be that your issue just happened to coincide with your dairy limitation, but was not caused by it.

My thoughts would be to investigate possible issues that can have cold hands/feet as a symptom, and then check with your doctor.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid