Thread: Why am I so hungry on PB? page

scubasam is offline Senior Member

Why am I so hungry on PB?

Primal Fuel
    I fell off the wagon yesterday and had a subway sammich for lunch. I was full until well into the evening, even though we walked for 3+ hours at the renaissance fair we went to (me pushing a stroller up and down steeeeeep hills) and then playing video games with my husband at Dave and Busters.

This not 45 minutes ago, I ate 2 eggs this am with some butter and onions, green peppers and olives and now I am hungry again.

I am trying to hard to do PB because I truly believe in the philosophy, but find myself hungry and gaining weight on it (I have not had grains in weeks until yesterday).

I hate this :-(!

Chelc is offline Junior Member
    Maybe it is the eggs. I have 2 1/2 eggs in the morning (fried in avocado oil) with some bacon and about 3 1/2 hours later, like clockwork, I get hungry. But with my other meals this does not happen. Mainly with breakfast. Hmmmmmm.....

Maybe have more fatty foods with you eggs to make em stick.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    From personal experience, when I used to fall off the wagon I would get crazy hungry for fat sources; usually I would be downing heavy fat sources for a day or two...I would just slather butter on everything (college meal plans so butter is cheap and easy fat source) just to satiate myself. Now-a-days I don't have that anymore, if I have some bread or non-primal carbs I can just transition right back to PB with no super fat cravings.

ekat is offline Junior Member
    I don't know how long you've been doing PB, but I felt that way at first, too. It went away after a couple weeks. Also, the sandwich probably had a lot more calories in it than the eggs.

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I agree, probably calories. Which of course doesn't make sense considering your gaining weight, unless you mean you gained weight after that glycogen enhancing subway sammy.
    Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you need help, many will offer input but we need data to work with.

Track some time in nutritiondata.self.com
    What are your D levels?
    What kind of exercise are you doing?
    What are you eating? Cals? Macros? Micros?

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order