Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not Working for Me page 3

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gah. Read the book. Nowhere does it say you can have unlimited calories! Where in the world did you get that idea?

Chelc is offline Junior Member
    This is my 4th go at eating low-carb. Since PB is so much more of a holistic approach, i'm pretty sure this is going to be my last try, meaning I feel I can stick with it. I have lost 30 pounds since January (from 180 lb to 150 lb)and this is with no exercise (I know, i'm awful. this is going to be my challenge for primal challenge month). It was not easy at first and I almost quit. Glad I stuck it out. But the point I wanted to make is that my tastes have REALLY challenged over the past few months. I used to pass on steaks. Ew, steak. And if I ate any, it had BETTER NOT HAVE ANY RED IN IT. But now, serve that sucka up medium rare and if it isn't pink enough, I throw a fit and pout.

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Crave carbs? Eat them after your run.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianne View Post
    I wanted Primal Blueprint to work because of the lure of being able to eat 'unlimited' calories as long as I stuck to the plan. To be honest, I got sick of measuring, weighing, and nickel and diming every bit of food I put in my mouth.

You'll all note, from your careful reading of TPB that there is no unlimited anything. Anywhere.

Ever.
    Last edited by cillakat; 09-07-2010 at 02:57 PM.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    To be fair, the forum topics cover a wiiiiiiiide range if views including those who can eat near unlimited calories, make mayo from beef fat (or in my case, fail to do so), and gorge on liver and marrow.

But people should see that as extensions to the book, not the "source", so to speak.

If it aint working, change it up. Raise carbs, lower fat, play around - just stick to eating animals and vegetables, that's all

So the idea of being able to eat unlimited calories is moot if I'm not enjoying the food. When I go to a steakhouse I actually look forward to the bread, not the steak. I like meat, sure, but just not that much. This is clearly not a way of life for me.

Congratulations to the people who can do this way of eating - I just can't. I know that I'm coming off as harsh but I really don't mean anything negative toward anyone in particular, I am just extremely frustrated with this diet.
    Cool. So don't do it!.

And if you're not a troll, my apologies. Your earlier posts sound honest.

But the post with which you opened this thread screams TROLL b/c of your bizarre insistance on this unlimited calorie idea.
    Last edited by cillakat; 09-06-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    To be fair, the forum topics cover a wiiiiiiiide range if views including those who can eat near unlimited calories, make mayo from beef fat (or in my case, fail to do so), and gorge on liver and marrow.

But people should see that as extensions to the book, not the "source", so to speak.

If it aint working, change it up. Raise carbs, lower fat, play around - just stick to eating animals and vegetables, that's all
    Yes, this is what I was referencing. I melded forum opinions with the book and basically grossed myself out. That is how I ended up fixating on beef fat mayo and basically no carbs, pacing around my house at 3am like a caged lion.

I am not much of a "middle ground" type of person...I was 100lbs overweight. So I naturally need to go to the most extreme version of anything. Yes, this is a fault of mine, and it is why I closed the post by saying I can't eat this way. I didn't say you all shouldn't eat this way or you're murdering defenseless animals, because frankly I don't give a fuck about the animals. I just want to stay thin by any means necessary. I am not a troll, nor a vegan activist and I'm not trying to stir things up. If anything, I would never be a vegan activist because I think food dogma is 100% fucking lame.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    To learn more about the basics of the PB, check here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-t...mal-blueprint/ and here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Don't listen to forumers until you've really got the basics of what Mark actually says down, you know? Too confusing, esp w/ folks posing as primal and saying ridiculous things like 'drinking unlimited amounts of saturated fat is the path to health and what Mark promotes', etc... Ewwwwww--not only gross, but totally crazy and ridiculous...

And if it doesn't work for you, go w/ what does. We are all unique and there is not one perfect WOE for everyone. I personally feel most folks could find health on a primal WOE, as primal can encompass LOTS of macro intakes and variations. It's basically a grain free/sugar avoidant WOE--those are not huge restrictions/demands. No where does Mark advocate pouring on tons of fat or anything else for that matter. Read more about it if you're really interested and experiment w/ macro ratios that work for you, or just go w/ something else that feels better to you, yk?

Y I can't eat this way. I didn't say you all shouldn't eat this way or you're murdering defenseless animals, because frankly I don't give a fuck about the animals. I just want to stay thin by any means necessary. I am not a troll, nor a vegan activist and I'm not trying to stir things up. If anything, I would never be a vegan activist because I think food dogma is 100% fucking lame.
    Um, okay.

So when you said this, you didn't mean to be dogmatic?
    I wanted Primal Blueprint to work because of the lure of being able to eat 'unlimited' calories as long as I stuck to the plan.

So the idea of being able to eat unlimited calories is moot if I'm not enjoying the food.
    Alrighty then. I'm just wondering what book you read? And to what nutritional philosophy you were referring? Because it sure as heck wasn't the PB.

No more food for the trolls. User blocked.
    Last edited by cillakat; 09-06-2010 at 05:20 PM.

fyrespryte is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Reading the forums is a little bit dangerous for some people because there are so many more things that can be going on below the surface for so many different people that no two people here can do PB the same way. Unless you can read between the lines, and realize that different things work for different people, I'd really just stick to the book and adjust things as you need to.

For instance, some people can tolerate dairy just fine, some people can't have a few tblsps of heavy cream in their coffee without stalling or gaining. Some people can tolerate fruit just fine, some people can't look at an apple without stalling or gaining. Some people can function just fine under 30 carbs a day, some people like me...totally lose their appetite on that few carbs and can't eat enough calories in a day to sustain weight loss or get enough nutrients...it really goes on and on. All these differences come down to one thing though, they're metobolic differences. Some people's genetics cause the differences, some people's age causes them and for others...it's simply a matter of how much damage you've done to your body over the years - how much healing needs to be done and whether or not it ever CAN heal.

If you're serious about this, don't give up. Give it some time. If you've been reading the forums then you know that for some, it's taken months to adjust. Personally...I've been screwing around with the PB since February. I've seen very little weight loss, but I know that I've been dealing with other issues that have been holding me back. I'm being patient until I get those issues resolved, but I'm convinced of the science behind this WOL. I'm not going to backtrack in the meantime.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast