Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is raw meat more primal than cooked meat? page

Donk is offline Banned

Is raw meat more primal than cooked meat?

Grok ate more raw meat than cooked meat judging by anthropological studies. What have forum members experiences been with consuming meat raw? Raw eggs, dairy etc?

I ate some raw chicken breasts this morning and it was a primal experience thats for sure! I think I could get used to this.

Does anyone here go hunting regularly?

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I don't think that raw meat is any more primal. If you are out stabbing game animals and you're hungry you may just eat some raw meat before you drag it back to your home but cooking is preferred since it softens the tissue and you absorb more of it. That book "Catching Fire" is downright plausible in that cooking meat helps us get more energy from it. And I would wager that the incredible potential for longevity of humans is due to adaptation to cooking food - we are endogenous antioxidant machines if we get the proper nutrition. There is some animal flesh like sashimi that it might not matter so much for, and hey maybe a little raw meat is a good thing, although I don't have any reasons why it might be.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Donk is offline Banned
    Yeah Ive read that book recently but I was thinking that humans are the only creatures that cook their food and do other animals do?

These are the points Id like to debate.

*Heating destroys protein chains

*Heating makes fats rancid

*Heating destroys vitamin b12

So what to people do about this? Do people take a b12 supp?

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Here I go feeding a troll.

I cok my beef very rare. Long enough to kill any bacteria that might make me ill, but quick enough that the inside is still cold. Perfect solution

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member
    Grok wouldn't go to the market and get some cold meat and eat it. Grok would kill an animal and get right down in it and start drinking the warm fresh blood and munching on organs. So that is what I suggest you do.

shannon is offline Senior Member
    i wouldn't say it's anymore primal than cooked. i do like raw liver and stew meat from time to time. don't know about the chicken though
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I've seen raw liver mentioned on the board a few times. I enjoy the occasional raw venison, beef or pork (local, not store bought) but liver is a bit hard to wrap my brain around. Maybe I'll snag a bit before I make stew. I'll admit, I'm nervous- lol.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Any Groks eating raw meat were eating it fresh-killed, not days or weeks down the supply line like many of us must. I cook most meat for safety and texture reasons.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Tomorrow night, Tuesday, 7 SEP, on PBS there is a show called something like "Becoming Human". I have a feeling that it will be full of some good information about what the primal or proto man ate that caused the increase in intelligence. I plan to use the TV that night. Perhaps the question about raw or cooked food will be answered.
    Last edited by periquin; 09-06-2010 at 04:41 AM. Reason: typo

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OMG but TV isn't primal!! :C ... no seriously, sounds interesting, I bet that'll come up.

If cooking isn't primal, it's sure as heck in my 20%. (except for really good sashimi, I'm a sucker for that.)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast