Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Herd Immunity Works (and Why Anti-Vaccination Is Dangerous) page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

How Herd Immunity Works (and Why Anti-Vaccination Is Dangerous)

Shop Now
    Great video about vaccination and the benefits of herd immunity: http://2.ly/cuu9
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Go, go, go, get your vaccinations!
    I'm gonna pass on most, thanks.

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Flu vaccine is controversial, I suppose, but get the kids vaccinated! Between my 3rd and 4th year of med school the Hib vaccine came into common use. At the time it was the number one cause of meningitis in kids. 3rd year - lots of kids admitted with meningitis - permanent hearing loss and brain damage would often ensue. 4th year - very few cases overall, NO Hib cases. Cases that did come in were strep pneumo (now there's a vaccine for that!!). Similar story from rotavirus vaccine and deaths/hospital admissions for GI rotavirus infections - rotavirus vaccine came out two years ago. No kid in the first world should have meningitis, brain damage, or die from a rotavirus infection!! Get your kids vaccinated!!!!

Perhaps if our kids are not eating the crap promoted by CW (also promoting vaccines), their immune systems would be capable of fighting these horrible diseases targeted by vaccines.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Perhaps if our kids are not eating the crap promoted by CW (also promoting vaccines), their immune systems would be capable of fighting these horrible diseases targeted by vaccines.
    Perhaps. But that's a whopper of an untested theory.

+1
    "The power that made the body HEALS the body" - B.J. Palmer

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    uh, good in theory except it's incorrect. While we'll be healthier and have better functioning immune systems, remember that in that mythical environment of evolutionary adaptation and all primal environments since then, children *routinely*, commonly and regularly died in infancy and childhood due to disease. And they were eating 'optimal' diets.

Any anthropolgist who's spent time in the field has seen the devastation of disease - even in primal peoples eating optimal diets.

Don't fool yourselves.

I've seen superhealthy, primal modern peeps (my daughter included) fight pertussis, HiB, strep pneumonia and more.

The risks of vaccines can be likely mitigated by optimizing D. All the time. Every day.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

I'm just looking at the mythical world where people are healthier today, now that kids get dozens of vaccines, than we were even 20 or 30 years ago. I don't have any data to back up that observation - it's just an observation. But... are we and our kids really healthier now?

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I'm just looking at the mythical world where people are healthier today, now that kids get dozens of vaccines, than we were even 20 or 30 years ago. I don't have any data to back up that observation - it's just an observation. But... are we and our kids really healthier now?
    healthier in general? good heavens no. But there is health (which is what people create through diet and habits and sufficient vitamin D supplementation).

Then there is the separate issue of vaccine efficacy.

Have vaccines been effective at reducing deaths from pertussis, diptheria, HiB, rotavirus, meningitis and more?

That would be an unequivocal yes.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Well, fortunately we are still free to choose. I don't imagine this will last though.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast