Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: SURVIVAL WEEK - 8/17/09 page 8

Agnieszka Guest

Primal Fuel

I've been bad. Not primally so per se. I just didn't have enough calories today, and I'm really not into anorexia. The reason is that I had a rather, shall we say understatedly, emotional day, and literally kept forgetting to eat. I'll definitely eat more tomorrow.

With that said:

B: IF, coffee

L: 2 strips of meaty bacon, half a banana, 3 tbsps sunflower seed butter

D: squash in coconut oil

About 550 calories. 29 grams carbs. F68/P12/C20.

Exercise: a fantastically trying hot yoga class for 90 minutes.

Diana: Fresh figs tasted deliciously. It was my first time trying them, the purple kind. Try to imagine dried figs reconstituted in water, minus a lot of the sugar and the hardening. That's the best way I can describe them.

SassaFrass: Hope your BBQ goes great! I'm so jealous: there's pretty much no one besides me in Chicago, with a couple of outliers in Indiana and Wisconsin.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I sorta missed my last post for Survival Week. You all did great! I feel like I need to do it again after the binge drinking last night. What was I thinking.

Friday went well.

B: IF

L: A gigantic salad. Spring greens with herbs, zucchini, tomato, onion, mushroom, pork tenderloin, strawberries and greek feta yogurt dressing.

S: I grabbed some pork rinds with mayo after work. It made me so full I didn't want dinner that night.

D: IF

maba is offline Senior Member

I'm embarrassed to post this. Anyway, here goes:

I've realized if I don't cook at home, it's going to be a bad day diet-wise. It was an emotionally-draining day today and I didn't feel like cooking. Kept snacking on left-overs the whole day and my dinner, as mentioned in the "eating in a restaurant" thread was BIG let-down.

B:

left-over lamb liver and heart stir fry

Beet Kvass

Apple with almond butter

L: Spring mix salad with blueberries, pistachio, chevre and EVOO + raspberry balsamic vinegar dressing

1 piece dark chocolate (72%)

S: yoghurt + salsa verde

S: 24 almonds

D:

Gyro Salad

1 piece dark chocolate

I'm not even going to bother entering this into fitday.

WOD: Absolutely none! The only walking I did today is from the parking lot to the restaurant!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

I'm back. I wouldn't mind doing another survival week this week actually. All I have to say is what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas :-P There will be no talk of all the free drinks I managed or the impromptu trip to Olive Garden. :-/ I feel like carbs are oozing from my pores.

maba is offline Senior Member

B/F: beet kvass

S: onion fried in ghee (well this was going to be garnish for the lunch I was preparing and ended up eating so much of it that it can count as snack)

L:

Beef Biriyani

3 pieces of 72% chocolate (13g of sugar)

S:

Masala Chai w/ sugar (at friend's place)

D:

Non-primal Biriyani (at friend's place) - ate more of the chicken and less of the rice

1/2 apple + blueberries w/ almond butter

WOD:

10 sprints

10 min HIIT

Although I ate more than my normal share of carbs today, I don't really regret it. I'll consider it my 20%.

DCKMB- I hear ya. I went on a small alcohol blitz Saturday. At worst, I ate a peanut butter cookie, and promptly threw it up (with the rest of the alcohol.) LOL.

Let's just say, I can't wait to get back to normal. I don't know if I'll if, but I am keeping my carbs low, my treats non-existant, and my snacks to a minimum.

Same here Diana. Same here.

1 piece of chocolate cake. 1 cookie. 2 glasses of wine and some drinks of a beer and last night, one piece of cheescake and wine. Ugggh. I have a headache.

I am still working on this 'Primal ALL weekend' issue of mine :-(

I will try to IF today.

B: Sugar-free hazelnut Breve (yeah, crap sugar-free gunk - but it was yummy! ;-)

L: IF

D: Steak and veggies

ccarrigan is offline Junior Member

Sorry i've been MIA I was camping/Binge eating Carbohydrates all weekend. Hahaha.

I agree about the 'whole weekend' thing. I find it so incredibly difficult to go an entire weekend without eating something i know i shouldn't.

Usually at my requisite Sunday night grandma dinner, which is a standing tradition. She is an incredibly cook, always has fresh bread and some beautiful homemade dessert. There has been lots of seasonal berry pies lately etc. etc.

Last night she made risotto as the main, and I've just come to accept that I will eat what she serves because I feel it would be rude not too, and it's always delicious.

I suppose in my head I justify it as ok seeing as I am pretty on top of my eating during the week.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

So shall we go ahead and start a survival thread for this week as well then? Seems like we are in need of it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

New thread posted!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678