Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SURVIVAL WEEK - 8/17/09 page 2

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

Shop Now

Damn, I'm already dairy, chocolate and alcohol-free (one mojito in the last 20 months!), I've been zero-carbing for almost two months (highest off-plan day was around 20 grams, with a quarter cup of blueberries that left my belly bloated for days!), and I already eat only once or twice most days. My only vice? Espresso, black (made with the Aerobie Press which is one of my favorite gifts ever, plug plug, no affiliation just a satisfied customer: http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress_story.htm). Even after going cold turkey on sugar and cream, thanks to this stuff I went from one or two pots of regular coffee a day to one or two 6-ounce cups -- a little goes a long way! But over the last week I've been noticing my consumption slowly creeping up, to one or even two of the 6-ounce cups per day. It hasn't been causing me any problems that I've noticed, but I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to go a month without...your thoughts?

GeriMorgan Guest

Ooh! I am SO in! I've already skipped a meal the past two days, and I'd love to add giving up cream and fruit to that. My parents would think I'm nuts if they ever paid attention to the things I eat.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

I will never give up coffee. I've given up a bunch of crap and coffee ain't gonna be one of them.

No dairy

Carbs less than 50

Reduce fruit to 1 per day

Today's food: eggs, coconut oil, canadian bacon, cod liver oil, vampire chicken, radishes, cherries, almonds, more vampire chicken, broccoli.

Will have carb total at end of day when I'm done eating.

Exercise: P90X Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X

Damn straight, DCKMB! You can pry the coffee out of my cold dead hands. I see you have chest and back, yummy. Gotta love those heart to heart pushups. I did Chalean Extreme today. It's a lot like P90X, but hasn't gotten the same amount of attention. I have to wonder if it is because it's a chick leading the way.

Carbs are going to end at 34 today if I play my cards right.

thebkon Guest

CheLEAN looks to have originated from BeachBody (Same place P90-X is from).

maba is offline Senior Member

That's it! Having just finished eating close to 70 (or more) almonds since this morning, I decided I need to do something about my addiction. I may not be able to follow all of them, but I'll start with giving up almonds for this week.

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member

Woah, rough day.

Finally, the overtime is OVER!

B: IF

L: I almost IF-ed, but ended up eating about 2 cups of a zucchini that a co-worker surprised me with, and a couple boiled eggs I'd taken with me. I actually did have to forage the break room for condiments- salt, pepper, mustard.

D: A pork chop, an egg, some mushroom and onion soup, a few pork rinds with mustard, a few almonds, and half an avocado. I'm stuffed!

I can't wait to get back to the gym tomorrow! Woot woot!

Agnieszka Guest

B: 2 eggs and 2 strips of bacon

L: IF

D: 2 pieces of a roasted rack of lamb with fresh lemon juice sprinkled on top, salad with olive oil and lemon juice, two smallish tomatoes from the garden.

16 carbs total.

This is about 918 calories, and while I'm not hungry, I might snack on walnuts later on because the caloric intake seems too low.

Exercise: 40 minutes of gentle yoga in the morning, cleaning the closet later, and an hourlong tennis lesson at night.

ccarrigan is offline Junior Member

B - IF

L - Zucchini and onion salad and a 'small' handful of almonds

S - 1/2 cup shredded chicken, 1/2 cup black beans

D - Almonds, shredded coconut, 1/2 cup blueberries

Coincidently I skipped my usual french press coffee this morning, thinking it might make the IF harder. I meant to bring some grounds and my press to work but forgot, and therefore didn't have my usual afternoon coffee either. I had a pretty bad headache all day which has made me decide that I am giving up coffee for the rest of 'survival week'. It's funny, I never thought of myself as 'dependant' on it, but obviously my body is...

Day One Done! Whoop!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

40 total carbs for today. I made the vampire chicken into the curry salad that Elana had posted. Also had a cucumber and a tomato instead of broccoli.

Was supposed to P90X it but some work crap occurred and I didn't get it done. Oh well.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast