Thread: If you see this and think "Oh what fun!" You and I need... page

magnus84 is offline Member

If you see this and think "Oh what fun!" You and I need...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    to be friends. I know right? Doesn't it look fun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0NLi...eature=related
    Not done yet...

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    I can do all of those exercises ... in my mind. Seriously though I would love to be able to do that, I'm working up to it.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Asturian is offline Senior Member
    Very cool. Thanks for the link.
    “It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

Hanna is offline Senior Member
    I soo want to do those sideways jumps laying down! I had to go into the bathroom at work and try them!LOL! I didn't have a chance! New goal found.

magnus84 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    I soo want to do those sideways jumps laying down! I had to go into the bathroom at work and try them!LOL! I didn't have a chance! New goal found.
    Since I started getting into the whole bodyweight thing a lot of the moves looked familiar and got me excited. I can't tell which I like more, the workout I get or the money I save on gas and gym membership. I found another video of Indian wrestlers training and in one of them they were doing what looked like the Yoga moves you see all the time except they were more vigorous and aggressive. I remember someone saying Yoga in ancient India wasn't a thumb and a blanket but an earthquake. i see what they mean now. It looked like they were doing calisthenics with increased sophistication rather than slow stretching and it makes sense now how elite warriors could become elite while only using Yoga. Yoga to them meant something totally different from what it's become now.
    Not done yet...

Yoga means union. There are as many forms of yoga as there are provinces in India I think! Any exercise done mindfully with mind and body in union is yoga. In my opinion.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    I soo want to do those sideways jumps laying down!
    How many seconds in are those? 2:39? wasn't sure which you meant, but I'm curious.

I love those sort of ripple push-ups in the very beginning. Someday, someday!

I also liked this neighboring video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErV3tZ3g6Vo , although they describe it as "crazy upper body strength" and I'd call that crazy ALL body strength -- esp. core!
    Last edited by Jenny; 09-06-2010 at 09:16 AM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Ground-humping! I love it. Especially the grind your head into the floor one. I'm going to incorporate some of these.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    How many seconds in are those? 2:39? wasn't sure which you meant, but I'm curious.
    Yup! That's it!

/H

TimBell is offline Senior Member
    I have an ebook that will be released soon called "The Body Weight Solution" it teaches you how to perform and progress from beginner body weight techniques to advanced. It covers a bunch of the exercises that you see in this video as well =). You can learn more by visiting my website at www.Jungle-Fit.com or e-mail me at tim@jungle-fit.com