Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Menstruation page

Agnieszka Guest

Shop Now

The forum that has carried on a snicker-free conversation on the female form surely can handle this question too:

Have any of you who get periods noticed any chance in their frequency?

I'm rather thrilled that after menstruating somewhat irregularly (every 30-39 days) in the last two years, I'm now back to 28. (I'm in my early mid 30s. I've eaten mostly about 1500 cal daily on average, and moved moderately plus did yoga, biking, and weight lifting in the last month.) Wonder if anyone else's flow has been affected by the lifestyle change.

maba is offline Senior Member

My cycles have always been regular but they would be accompanied by severe cramps and sometime nausea, but after going Primal, I haven't had those symptoms. Also, I'd get really weepy, no more of that now.

Agnieszka Guest

Fascinating you'd mention that.

I just got my period this morning. Normally by now I'd need an IV of Ibuprofen. But I'm sitting Advil-free so far, with relatively minor pain.

I must add that after being primal for 2 weeks, I had to go non-primal when I was in India in June. Had the worst cramps ever then!

Agnieszka Guest

Wow, Maba. Let's keep track of this thing. I haven't seen much written on it.

shastagirl Guest

lower sugar intake in the diet result in fewer cramping pains and nausea.

also as you grow older your body changes and its very normal even without much of a diet change (unless of course your going "ana" or something similar which is a drastic diet change) for your cycles to change as you grow older. most women find as they mature their flow becomes heavier and their cycles more frequent, before easing back out again into menopause.

The first time I experienced pain-free period was when I was on the first phase of South Beach Diet (no sugar, fruit, grain, potato). When I introduced the grains in the second phase, I had slight cramps but nothing severe, but my weight also went up despite following the diet to the T and that's when I wondered if carb intake had anything to do with it and prompted me to look for low-carb diets on the i/n and that's when I discovered MDA and as they say, the rest is history.

Agnieszka Guest

Wow, really. I know it may seem trivial, but your account and my experience are a source of great elation.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

(The boy has his hand up.)

I was going through some bad joint pain recently and reluctantly did some Naproxen. (sp?)

I mentioned this to my sister and she said that Naproxen/Alleve is now used for menstrual cramps. Seems that the involuntary muscle that is the uterus is just like any other involuntary muscle and Naproxen relaxes it.

OK, carry on.......

ChristinaP Guest

I have noticed that my cramps have also diminished. I only have a dull ache on the day my cycle starts. I used to have cramps starting the day before and one or two days after starting. Another very positive side affect of the PB Lifestyle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast