Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Breast cancer nutrition page 4

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel

troll alert
    on all of the following (there are others as well)
    Donk
    Durianrider
    Shrinking_Violet
    Adrianne
    PrimalTarheel

Don't let them suck up your time guys. Add them to your ignore list and move along.

Add to ignore by clicking on their names in any of their posts.
    On the profile page, one of the options (along with pm or send email) is IGNORE THIS USER.
    Last edited by cillakat; 09-06-2010 at 03:05 PM.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
    Sorry to hijack.

Still working on organ meats here--cillakat, would you think an organ/glandular blend supp would be ok as an organ source for those who are just not ready to cook up a pan of brains? Something like this: http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Sources...Capsules/23293

TIA!
    I just dont think I could eat offal of any sort, but maybe this??? Hmmm I'll be rattling soon.

Fixed the google doc to allow access.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelc View Post
    S Plus they say going braless actually causes LESS sag in the long run because it builds up the muscles and ligaments in that area.
    Uh, ever been to any area where indigenous people let the girls swing free?

There is sag like you have NEVER seen in your life.

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I just dont think I could eat offal of any sort, but maybe this??? Hmmm I'll be rattling soon.
    I'm really interested in this. I also don't know how I would eat entire animals...and I may potentially have cancer. I know I need to "suck it up" and "just do it." I will attempt it and have a positive attitude when I do, but in the event that I cannot stomach it, would this that FairyRae mentioned be okay as a supplement?

Chelc is offline Junior Member
    Well then feel free to pass that opinion on to the researchers. Just restating what I have heard. Plus I imagine many indigenous women do a lot of breastfeeding.

*Now I remember why I stopped posting in this forum months ago.

Well then feel free to pass that opinion on to the researchers. Just restating what I have heard. Plus I imagine many indigenous women do a lot of breastfeeding.

*Now I remember why I stopped posting in this forum months ago.
    Why is that?

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    Shannon, just for good measure I would immediately stop wearing a bra if you wear one from day to day. I have been finding research lately that talks about how bras (even looser fitting bras) easily cut off your lymph vessels in your breasts so toxins are able to build up and can't drain easily. I'd recommend it for all females who experience soreness or cysts to try this as well.

http://www.brafree.org/research.html
    http://www.all-natural.com/bras.html

There are just 2 websites of many. Wouldn't hurt right? Plus they say going braless actually causes LESS sag in the long run because it builds up the muscles and ligaments in that area.

No I'm not a "hippy" or "feminist"...just a girl who is trying to cure my own health issues naturally. I think we all know by now it's good to challenge CW.
    I would love to go without a bra, but I am a 40H. I go without one at home, but in public, I would feel incredibly self-conscious. Do you know of any safe options?

healthymama is offline Member
    Shannon -- I also have breast cancer in my family and so read whatever I can find that may help me do what I can to avoid it -- do what seems right, anyway...since there's so much conflicting info out there.

In my non-medical opinion, staying away from sugar makes a lot of good sense. Second, clean cruciferous veggies and organic berries are reported to be very beneficial. I like to make a big salad of finely chopped, broccoli, cabbage, zucchini, carrots, greens, blueberries, and walnuts, and then dress it with a homemade dressing that includes curry made with turmeric. In his book Anti-Cancer, A New Way of Life, Dr. David Servan-Schrieber has a lot to say about the benefits of turmeric. It's sold in capsules as curcumin, but apparently is more effective and well-absorbed when taken mixed with pepper in a curry mix. Also, I drink as much green tea as I can stomach even though I hate the stuff.

For cosmetics including shampoo and conditioner, a great resource is the skin-deep cosmetic ingredients database here: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/. If you choose to continue to use cosmetics and personal care products like body creams, shampoos, toothpaste, ect., this is an outstanding, well-researched resource to help you choose the ones that are least toxic and dangerous.

There's also a support group for young women with or at risk of breast cancer here: http://www.youngsurvival.org/community/. They have a very active community support forum, and one of the topics is nutrition. You might be interested in reading in there a bit, but stay away from the scarier stuff...you don't need the needless worry that might cause especially since you have so much on your plate as a mom and a student as it is!

Great job being proactive and learning everything you can to help minimize your risk!! All the best to you!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234