Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breast cancer nutrition page 2

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Shannon, that is not good news and I hope that it is not malignant. There are a lot of sensible suggestions above. I assume you have long since forgone sugar? I imagine sleep is a tricky one for you right now as your mind is reeling.

I will send positive thoughts your way. I know they're probably worth jack-sh*t but it is always nice to know that someone is in your corner.
    Take care

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Also, when you sleep the bugs in your stomach, which you need but which can get above themselves, get thinned out. If the wrong strains proliferate there, owing to lack of sleep, your immune system is compromised.
    this is interesting... do you think we should take a probiotic before going to bed? I've always (when I remember cause I am hopeless) taken them first thing in the morning.

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    Cancer feeds off of sugar. Eat ketogenic.

Donk is offline Banned
    Here is a medical journal about breast cancer and high carb diets.
    http://www.pcrm.org/dlc/docs/nutriti...vival-mls.html

As much as I dont think this link is a long term option, I felt obligied to share it, even if I wouldnt eat that way myself. My Mother died of breast cancer so it touches me personally and its good to get qualified advice on the matter.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    There is, like, umm, a difference between omega 6 and other fats. Omega 6 will be highly cancer-promoting and so when people cut out stuff like conventional pork and chicken fat, and those industrial seeds oils, they will most definitely do better. But beef, lamb and game meat have very little and if fish is eaten with it it balances the eicosanoid activity. Also their "evidence (even though they gave an equal number of links to studies that didn't find a problem with saturated fat...) is likely simply the observation of dietary trends that eliminate the truly catastrophic stuff like trans fats and HFCS while eliminating non-harmful things that are perceived to be harmful, like saturated fat. And that is the problem with nearly every study trying to implicate.

If you were a man you would want tons and tons of saturated fat to raise your cholesterol. Still, if saturated fat tends to raise blood cholesterol and saturated fat was a risk factor for cancer, we would see an correlation, but we see the opposite in men and no correlation in women. So like, wtf. Anyone have a comment on that? http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/co...hort/137/9/966

I have it on good authority from dirty hippies that iodine destroys breast cancer cells. Google it and see what the heck those no-good rascals are up to. Some iodine certainly couldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Stabby; 09-05-2010 at 04:49 PM.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Donk is offline Banned
    I guess that confirms it stabby, the more fat we eat, the more health we have. Intuitively I knew this all along. Thanks for the link.

Only saturated and monounsaturated. Omega 6 decreases HDL and LDL particle size which means less beautiful circulating lipid. I like to keep my omega 6 around 2.5% of calories and omega 3 about 75% as much as the omega 6

Donk is offline Banned
    Stabby, how do you keep your omega 6 so low? thats pretty cool.

The only fats I get are from beef, lamb, elk, bison, coconut, eggs but not too many eggs, and some bacon once weekly. Gotta have bacon, even if it is a bit higher in omega 6.

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    I have it on good authority from dirty hippies that iodine destroys breast cancer cells. Google it and see what the heck those no-good rascals are up to. Some iodine certainly couldn't hurt.
    Thank you all for your comments. I still need to read them (and re-read them). One question for Stabby: As far as iodine, what about if you have Hashimoto's as I do?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast